The Date - #MayRa OS

Posted: 4 years ago

The Date

Maya glanced at him once or twice and then brought her gazed back to the world outside of her window. She was not very excited for the evening if you ask, she came here just to ensure he doesn’t hinder between the plans for the morning. She needs to keep him busy. And, when Rudra asked for a date she saw the perfect opportunity to keep him busy. As it is she couldn’t say him No, especially when he had proposed her right in front of Nandini. She rolled her eyes at Nandini as she jumped in excitement like a teenage fangirl.The look Nandini gave to Maya was not any request but a cold glare as if she is warning her to go with him or she will do something bad to her. Maya chuckles at the thought. When will Maa ever understand that her Maya is long gone, and the one before her has cruel intentions behind her actions.

The way Rajeev and Ananya sided with Rudra with whistle and claps almost made me smiling.

“Aj Maun vrat hai? Ya fir Maya jaisingh ko Rudra roy ke sathakele rehne se khauf aa raha hai?” she dig her nail in her skin to refrain herself from turning around.

She avoided him and began observing the world around her in silence.

“Maya,  Don’t  act as if you didn’t wished to be here. I know silently you wished a lot more than just a date from me. God! I still could feel you here”  he rolled his tongue over her lips while looking straight into her eyes.

Her eyes diluted at the remark and the smirk plastered once more on his face. Last Night , after he dropped her home, they shared a kiss.It was brief but magical. The whole night had passed in toss and turn while she thought about the lingering sensation on her petals.

Her hands clasped each other and rested on her thigh. She could feel sweat forming between them. It was a weak moment for her, she was too tired and then god knows how what when started but soon she realized he was kissing her and she had her hands in his hair pulling her close to him. That’s just a brief kiss! She tried to convince herself.

She faded in her thought so deep that she didn’t even realize when rudra snaked his arms around her and was now playing with her shoulder. He moved his index finger gently across her skin all the way to her elbow and then brought them back to shoulder in same pattern. She could feel the little sparks coming from the skin he touched. She glared at him with anger and began shifting herself to the corner of the car. The car was moving and she had nowhere to go except  to let either scold rudra, threaten rudra or bear him. She could risk going with first tow option as it may lead the dating plan to dissolve and then he might just go back home and find out everything about her next move and tries to diffuse it too. She felt his fingers running to hollow of her neck gently , which raised a funny feeling in her which she tried to suppress as soon as it formed. She looked up at him, he was looking back with victory smile at her.

“keep your hands to yourself Mr Roy, unless you want to live with one hand all your life.” She hissed shrugging away his arm.

The fact that she was using his dialogue on him, made him grin involuntarily like a fool. He saw maya looking at her with raised brow and he nods before he starts, “ Maya , As I said I am doing nothing you didn’t like before. I know you are enjoying this too.” With that his hands gently pulled her to him and let her scent mingle with his. Despite all warning glare, Rudra managed to tuck maya between him and the car door.  Her breathe hitched in her throat as she saw him leaning a bit on her. He was about to kiss her when he had to put break immediately. A small sigh of relief passed her face as she gulped hard due to the close proximity.

He acted like a gentleman as he helped her to get out of the car and with a hostess they were lead to the place he had reserved for them. It was a 5 star hotel, she approved that quietly. After a few moments they stopped in front of the table near the pool. The breeze really managed to uplift her mood. When she looked at Rudra he was intensely watching her without a blink.  She ignored!

“So I guess you like this place.”

Her eyes brows locked in knot “ No”

“You know maya what I really like about you, You may lie,your actions may deceit but there is something in those eyes of yours they giveaway when they are close. As if my maya surfaces when you shut them.”

“You are talking greek.”

He chuckled, “ The point is whenever you like something, you close your eyes and intake a sharp breathe.” His words had double edge to it which she didn’t miss. She knew he was indirectly talking about the kiss and that fact mildly heated up her cheeks. She looked other way to hide her embarrassment and he laughs.

Soon the waited took the order and then once again they satin silence. She avoided his gaze while he read her every move.

“Is this place normally so vacant?” she inquired. Maya realized apart from them this entire place have no one around.

“I booked the entire tables over here for few hours.” He took a sip from the glass of water as he simply replied.

“I think I misjudged you. “ She chuckled on the unsaid joke and took a sip of water from her glass.

“You know I don’t like you when you talk in riddles.” He had a no nonsense look on his face which made her to continue.

“You don’t value money just like your da-“ she almost spilled the tea but stopped in midway, however rudra has completed for her “ Dad?!”

He fumed for a second but soon his feature turned soft, he has waited for this moment and wasn’t letting anything spoil it. “ Actually, I value people more than money. You don’t like crowd around you and nor would you like to be the headline of tomorrow’s newspaper. So.” He smiled while he leaned lazily on his seat.

“I did it for you.” He winked putting down his glass.

She stared at the space behind him on newspaper remark, with a wry smile.

The dinner went in silence except the little attempts rudra made to start a conversation, but whatever topic he brought, she dismissed it mercilessly.

Maya checked her watch, the job must be done by now. She eyed rudra and then at the serenity around her. Tomorrow the headlines will write anew story about Roys destruction. She was pulled out of thoughts when curious rudra decided to wave his hands on her face. “Back to earth, My lady!”

She squeezed her brow as all plates were lifted replaced by desert plates. And then she spots a waiter coming towards them with a beautiful lemon cake. The waiter adjusted the cake on the table and disappeared from the sight.

She felt rudra’s hand enveloping hers and she looked at him with squeezed brow.

He looked tense almost as if fighting with in himself as he began, “ I know its too late to ask this. But , will…” his voice turned incredibly soft and loving and his thumb worked on her finger , gently massaging them.

She felt the speed in her heart beat. Was he really doing this?

“No..Do..Don’t.”

In a swift movement he was on his knees before her as he kissed the back of her hand holding her smaller palm between both hands as if she is most delicate and precious thing alive.

“I am madly , deeply, irrevocably in love with you Maya.. I am yours Maya. Only yours!  Will you be mine forever? Will…” he paused as he rubs his thumb over her cheeks wiping off tears. It was then she realized she was crying.

“Will you marry  me and make me the most luckiest person alive on earth?” he said it       . She couldn’t help but smile, for a minute she has forgotten about her devious plan she has executed. She forgot  her revenge . she forgot everything! It was just him and her and everything around them turned blurred.

Just when she opened her mouth to say yes, a strong flashlight startled her with a click sound.

She looked around to see a man with a camera clicking their picture.

“Perfect shot sir.” He showed his thumb to rudra while rudra nods in yes and then sat back on chair with his one leg above other like a boss.

“Rudra who is he?” Maya asked in panic while rudra smiled devilishly

“He is from Press.” He resumed eating as he smiled

“Press?, why was he here? Why didn’t you stop him? He clicked our pic Rudra. We have to stop him.”

She was desperate to catch that man but Rudra looked unbelievably relaxed. It could only mean, it was his set up!

“So it was a game.” She crossed her hands across her chest and snarled

“Yes, just like yours, but a better planned one.” he said in a boyish tone while eyeing her phone and the phone rang.  Maya glanced at him and he gave a wry smileto her, “Uthalo, zaruri hoga.”

She looked at him as she picked up the call. It was from Rajeev. “Maya, I don’t know how it happened but it looks like someone has destroyed our plan. Do you hear me! Someone has tricked us into believing until last minute we lost the control.”

The phone drops and hits the floor. Rudra smiles widens as he picks up the knife and walks closer to her. “Come maya, its celebration time.”He took her hand in his and kept the knife between her hands and cut the cake.

Once he was done rubbing his victory over her face, he dropped the knife and took a step away from her. “Let’s get this straight Miss Maya Jaisingh. I would suggest you to drop your idea to hurt my family. Because you will always find me in the way destroying all your plans just like today,take this as my last warning Maya because next time unlike today, I shall notlet you go unpunished.” With that he began walking out of the hotel. Maya stood there in silence while she let the tears of failure drops through her eyes or was it because she really thought he loved her. She disappointed herself by really believing him. She felt so dumb at this moment. She cried shamelessly.She cried because she couldn’t bear the pain any more

“Sir, The photo.” The photographer appeared before him and handed rudra an envelope.

Rudra took the envelop and paid the man while he sat and drove the car back to home. In the midst, he couldn’t help but eye the envelop every other minute till he had to park his car on the side of the road to seethe photograph.

He took the photo with both his hand while tears trails down on his chin. He could see the happiness in her eyes. he could still feel the emotion from that moment. He brought the photo to his lips as he kissed maya on it. He really wished she was not with the motive to destroy his family. He really wished things would have been different between them. He really wished they had a normal love story with marriage, children and grandchildren. He really wished!

But from when wishes has ever turned out to be true for him! He laughed with red shot eyes as the pain flow through them in form of tears.

Maya..”

This is wonderful... 

Loved reading it. 

this was such an amazing os! superbly written!

Oh no!  Damn I was so hooked like he was proposing her but it was game 😭

But I guess, Rudra answered Maya in her own language. 

I loved how you portrayed suppressed feelings in both of them specially Maya responding to Rudra's touch 

I hope you write one sexy piece after this!  It's janta's demand. 😆

Anyway thank you for writing this, I completely loved it. ❤️

Wow so beautifully tragic🥺

Loved it. Your so creative🤗

Superb os👏

The ending was tragic😭

Loved this os

Brilliant yaar..

The ending😭

Please keep we more🤗

Tiara! You hidden Rockstar😉

Another amazing one shot. I was so so into the moment and then it was the game. You playing with us huh? But so beautifully written. I just loved it. Keep them coming 

Sad ending😭 But nicely written. Both voiced out their feelings but then cover up ! Yeh dono sach mai kabhi nahi samjenge😒

It's okay.. Actually superb.. Not even that, It's great❤️

Just said in Rudy's style..It was awesome dude

But please do give us a happy ending in the next story❤️