Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Chapaak and Panga: Future of female-oriented cinema depends on them? - Page 2

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

2019 was a bad year for female-centric cinema. Not a single female-oriented script worked at the box-office or was a clean hit( including Manikarnika, which did not recover its budget). EKLDTAL, Sky is Pink, Judgemetal Hai Kya, Khandaani Shafakhana and Mardaani 2 all opened below 5 crores.

In the present scenario, female-oriented cinema isn't working at the box office, and hence 2 upcoming films- Chapaak and Panga- will present a litmus test of sorts, considering they have stars who are among the highest-paid in the industry - Deepika and Kangana. Both these films clash with biggies starring bankable male box-office stars. I don't know whether this will affect the standing of these films, even though they seem like superior products, but we all know the bias of the industry.

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Chappak from trailer looked so B grade like, while for its subject matter, it deserves success and all attention, but I don't think it will bring any revolution if it is as mediocre like it's trailer. But than again Chichorre didn't looked like a blockbuster either, but it turned out to be a huge hit and one of the best movie of the year.

Paanga can be next decade's English Vinglish, but box office wise, while I hope it grosses more than TWMR, but it doesn't look like a huge grosser, but than again I won't mind being surprised.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Mardaani 2 is a hit