Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shah Rukh sends Atlee’s project for re-scripting

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Shah Rukh Khan sends Atlee’s project for re-scriptingBySubhash K. Jha

Created: Dec 24, 2019 - 9:41 am IST 

All that talk of Shah Rukh Khan finally announcing his next film on his birthday on November 2 turned out to be so much hearsay. Soothsayers of the entertainment business had even predicted that Shah Rukh  Khan would announce the Tamil director Atlee’s next project as SRK’s first post Zero project.

#Shah Rukh Khan

Atlee has just had a massive success in Bigil with Tamil superstar Vijay in the lead and he did pitch his next film to Shah Rukh who liked what he heard. But didn’t like it enough. Apparently, SRK has asked Atlee to work more on the script.

• Photos: Shah Rukh Khan snapped with his son Aryan Khan in Juhu
  • Photos: Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and others snapped attending the Dhirubhai Ambani school annual day 2019
  • Photos: Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and others snapped attending the Dhirubhai Ambani school annual day 2019
  • Celebs grace Vogue x Nykaa Fashion Power List 2019 Part 3
  • Celebs grace Vogue x Nykaa Fashion Power List 2019 Part 2
  • Celebs grace Vogue x Nykaa Fashion Power List 2019 Part 1
  • Photos: Celebs grace Vogue x Nykaa Fashion Power List 2019
  • Photos: Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and others snapped at the airport

Next

A source informs, “Shah Rukh wants to be completely sure before he plunges into his next project. And the one thing that he wants to be fully certain of is the screenplay. Atlee and SRK are definitely working together. But the announcement on November 2 never happened because the script isn’t ready. At least, not the way Shah Rukh wants it to be.”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

SRK is being too picky IMO. There is always some amount of uncertainty about commercial success no matter what you do. And if he needs critical success to go with it, it should be a solid script as well. He cannot guarantee a 100% sure shot success in his next film. Just go ahead and do it. 

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I feel sorry for Shahrukh. He was a victim of his own making, though. He hardly ever tried to do work that will earn him respect as an artist. The few times he did (like Swades, it was unsuccessful), so he stuck to doing what comes easy to him (don't pull a Chak de on me, I know there are a couple of exceptions, but that's not the point).

But as he got older, he seemed more and more of a misfit in those roles and the films just didn't click with the audience.

He took a sabbatical when his films were not working back to back (what was his last properly liked film by everyone? Chennai Express?). Now there is too much pressure on him to pick the right film after the two year break. So he is getting panicky about scripts that may otherwise have been okay. You have to trust your director at some point. If you keep sending him back to sounding board, it may not be very encouraging for him.

For his sake, I hope he signs roles like Dear Zindagi (the film didn't work for me but if he keeps at it, at some point it will). He can work in such parts and slowly transition into what Amitabh started doing in his second innings. There's no point trying to chase superstardom after you've been rejected time and again for years on end.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I hope this is not true. Fiddling with director's vision could result in disaster (not everyone is Aamir).

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Safe to say? "gayi bains paani mein"? 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

SRK destorying scripts since ages😆