Naagin 4

Jasmin as Nayantara

PyaasiChudail69 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

The character Nayantara is appealing on the papers, but (IMO) it fails on the screen. 

She’s mysterious and all but as soon as Jasmin open her mouth Nayantara falls.

Her dialogue delivery is week. Ada and Anita were so convincing as the seductresses, but here Jasmin’s dialogue delivery ruins everything. 

Shayantini would’ve been perfect for this role IMO

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gems.musingsRN thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Her expressions too🤦‍♀️..takes away all the impact.

Nayantara is a supposedly fierce character..comes across as a joke..due to her weak portrayal.

Alisha panwar (tara of ishq mein mar jawan) was the first choice for this role..honestly she would have nailed it..like the predecessors adaa and anita .

Edited by ratna.nanda - 4 years ago
Dr_strange_100 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anastasia69

The character Nayantara is appealing on the papers, but (IMO) it fails on the screen. 

Her dialogue delivery is week. Ada and Anita were so convincing as the seductresses, but here Jasmin’s dialogue delivery ruins everything. 

I feel the same!!

NIA has taken this bubbly girl role easily as she has once played such roles very well!

But for jasmine who has established herself as teni happy it's really difficult for me to accept her as nagin! 

Her voice was not appealing to me!!

Alisha was indeed perfect choice!

But lets give jas a chance!

masked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think we need to give her time to let her play & develop the character of Nayantara.Yeah Jasmine has done bubbly roles over the last few years & she's a new entrant to the Naagin franchise but that's what versatility is all about.Even Nia might have etched the role perfectly due to her portrayal of being the Innocent Roshni & the seductive Femme Fatale Alia of Twisted Web Series.

Jasmine is no doubt giving her 100% but yeah her portrayal does at times looks forced I would agree on that point.The creatives do need to work on the portrayal of her facial expressions.Anita's portrayal as Shagun in YHM probably came handy as Vish & the same can be said for Shesha too.

Nayantara would go the dark way that's pretty much on the anvil but she needs to be different from the Shesha/Vish character.She needs to have her own singular identity with a clear cut path of revenge.Let her remain in the grey territory.The problem here is that while Nayantara's character looks appealing like a seductive siren how her character would progress in the subsequent episodes will determine how her character remains different from that of her evil predecessors.

Nayantara needs to be the protector of Naagmani rather than seeking the power of the same.She needs to be the perfect ally of Brinda like Vish was for Bella.Negative need not be always evil it can have grey shades.The flashpoint might be Dev if Nayantara falls for him.

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Yep,  I agree she's too focused on being angsty that she's not gotten that triat of seductress,  Anita nailed it so did adaa but given their experience it's not fair to judge has on the scale of Sayantani,  Adaa or Anita...  It's been just one week I know she'll progress but given that this is finite series it has to happen fast. 

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anastasia69

I disagree with you! Jasmine is doing a pretty fine job. She’s got the screen presence and her expressions are on point. Coming to her dialogue delivery, she is not the villain yet and why exactly is she supposed to be seductress like Adaa and Anita? Yes she needs to work on that a little other wise she is good, also is it an unwritten rule that her character is supposed to be a seductress? In the original naagin series where sayantani played the main Naagin she wasn’t a seductress, plus over here the situation is different. 

Nayantara a.k.a jasmine gave a pretty seductive performance as the belly dancer.

saaniakh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Anita n Ada even Nia sharma these ladies has already build an image of bold negative shades before so obvio they gel well in Bad nagin characters easily. 

Naintara is looking innocent cute character rather than wat u r trying to show bcz Jasmine has that image build of hers she has done only positive lead characters especially Khatron ke khiladi she has build innocent image in us viewers minds so no matter wat her innocence will be visible on screen 🤔  

During her scene with her mother Manyata she was connecting with her emotions innocence so well. 

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

need to give some time is my motto here,jasmine needs time to get into the skin of her character and need not every naagin who are playing antagonist needs to be a seductress adaa had her own style as per demand of N1/N2 script and anita had her own style in N3 script and in N4 nayantara doesn't need to be seductress she just need to be innocent enough to trick the enemies which she did with her innocence

we need to come out from the N1/N2/N3 syndrome the story and characters are different except for references,i am glad that EK took most references of N1/N2 in N4 

It will feel odd if nayantara turns a seductress her innocence and beauty is her weapon a real strong one that can make her enemies falls into her trap

the only thing i can't connect with jasmine is her eyes actually she doesn't have the naagin waali eyes that mouni adaa anita sayantani SJ has,that one look and one just get intoxicated in those naagin eyes of them,they are really bless with beautiful eyes thats why we could connect a naagin in them due to their powerful eyes and for a naagin show or movie the eyes is the biggest strength and weapon too

this why Reena Roy and Sridevi are known to be the iconic naagins especially Sridevi,her eyes that powerful eyes when she dance to those tunes of Mein Teri Dushman...the eyes is most important and jasmin lacks that intensity in her eyes

Jasmine has a beautiful eyes but misfit for a naagin

Edited by Mages - 4 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail

I think Jas looks the part of the seductress but her dialogue delivery and voice modulation needs some more work. I am looking forward to see her ease in the role. Speaking of Sayantani, she is the strongest actress in the existing lot. 

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sorry to say , no matter what , i still could not accept jasmine as naagin... i  liked her in dil se dil tak so much , but nayantara character is not for her.. it is not like she could not play different shade.. but still she has to work on her voice delivery , feisty  expressions .... cos we are from Aada, Anita generation.. so this type of character needs spark.. i am not comparing with them .. but ek character ko first day se attractive banana , atleast in nagin .. jas ki bas ka bat nei lag rahi hai abhitak

i am impressed with sayantani soooooooo much still

dont know about nia... but jas for me abtak usss naagin level pe nei aye...