Mere Dad Ki Dulhan

Is Amber behavior acceptable?

kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Why this kharoos is that much stubborn towards his daughter? Nia called her dad from USA after she reached in her apt..but this kharoos even dont  bother to pick up the call?what kind of stupid dad he is and his behavior? Nia lied as she knows her dad thus she hides..and coz of this he is behaving like idiot? Pathetic ðŸ¤¢ ..if his heart is clear he should have called and asked how is she ,hows she is doing instead nia called him to eat dinner..seriously!!..come on what's going on ..very annoying ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Amber is like the old dad in the Piku movie who frankly expects his daughter to make decisions that take his dependancy into account. Some may find that odd as we are used to parents always sacrificing for kids even aftr the kids are independent.

Niya had a choice - the US training was a grt opportunity but not an essential for her to keep her job & progress in life. If she chose not to go, she wld lose a grt chance to fast-track her career. But she wld not lose her job & cld hv continued to get promotions & do well in her career even in the current set up or looked for another higher position. This is different fm falling in love with some boy & wanting to marry & set up home with him - there her life’s happiness is at stake, it is not an opportunity to take or leave.

My daughter’s friend got admission for the same course in Cambridge as well as the univ in his home city (which was a good univ but obviously not same lvl as Cambridge). He lost his mother to cancer a few yrs ago. He chose to give up Cambridge & study in his home city so that his dad wld not be lonely. Has he lost a grt opportunity - yes. Is it a sacrifice - not really, he is going to get the degree anyway tho it may not be as prestigious & rewarding as the other option, and he can still get a good job & take other future chances to get ahead.

Niya cld hv made a similar choice. 

paytonlee123 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

He needs to lighten up and he can't be holding on to nia forever. He should think why his daughter had to lie to him and even if reluctantly u gave her permission to go to US so atleast support her. If he continues this despite the fact nia loves her dad she might start getting distant from him.

I hope Nia won't have a similar situation like guneet where her mom is always shouting at her and making her already stressful like a nightmare.

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I love Ambers nature ...he is like an old school dad

yes Nia heart was in the right place but I get why he was upset and why he felt betrayed ..they played with his emotions considering he lost his wife ..so for someone to say their mother is dying it may have struck a cord with him

people being way too harsh on Amber without understanding his emotions as a father and a widow 

I’m loving his character and I hope it’s kept as such..

wohradhahai thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: silvermoonlight

I love Ambers nature ...he is like an old school dad

yes Nia heart was in the right place but I get why he was upset and why he felt betrayed ..they played with his emotions considering he lost his wife ..so for someone to say their mother is dying it may have struck a cord with him

people being way too harsh on Amber without understanding his emotions as a father and a widow 

I’m loving his character and I hope it’s kept as such..

I agree. His character is really complex and can be really relatable for a few people who have faced situations they found moving on hard from. Amber is a man who has seen a lot in his life—both by experience and age. He single-handedly raised his daughter into being so independent so I definitely don't agree when people say he's holding onto Niya too hard. Niya is, I think, one of the most open-minded girls ITV has ever offered. She was raised to be a very independent girl and his dad holds great pride in that too, even though he doesn't express much. Niya doesn't let him tell her what to do, and we all know this. He lets her do whatever she does, yes he speaks when he feels it's wrong, but doesn't indulge. If anything, I'd say Niya is more nosy in his life and forces him to do things against his will, rightfully so. They impact each other's lives a lot. He's protective like any other father, especially one who's seen a lot of losses and wants to protect his daughter from repeating those.

Now, he doesn't tell Niya what to do, but does things that's in his hands. He does normal 'dad things' like secretly shooing away her dates and all. 

But Niya does things too. And we all know she will do anything to set him up with Guneet.

Amber felt betrayed when she wanted to go to America, but he encouraged her nevertheless. Now saying, he's selfish because he didn't want her to go. No it's not. It's natural. 

Him wanting her to not go equates her wanting him to live with a tenant. It's the same thing. Wanting to have the other one's life decisions. But again, it's NOT toxic.

They really do have a beautiful relationship but I like Amber fairly more. For Niya, not going to the states might not be as disturbing as for Amber letting Niya go was. Yet he did that, and didn't even mention his own sacrifice. Niya was the only person Amber wanted in his life, and he let her go. And now that's a big thing. Not for you and me watching it from afar on the screen, but for the man experiencing it himself.

He's a complex character, like I said and not everyone can understand him.