Did Rajkumar Rao overshadow Ayushman in Bareilly Ki Barfi?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Though I am usually a fan of Ayushman's acting, he seemed sub-par in Bareilly Ki Barfi and I realized that this was because Rajkumar Rao's brilliance completely overshadowed him! Rajkumar was just so, so good that in front of him, Ayushman seemed like an amateur actor.

I feel Rajkumar Rao was just the highlight of the film, even though he was in a side role. But the way Rao transformed from Babua to Michael and back was fascinating to watch.

He literally chewed out Ayushman in every scene....lol....Ayushman's limitations as an actor were severely exposed. It was pretty gutsy of him to take the role in the first place alongside an actor of the calibre of Rao.

Do you guys agree/disagree?

So true! Rajkummar's performance owned this one.

I was watching BKB yesterday itself and found him sooo endearing <3 He was so cute and I felt like crying and hugging him so many times, poor guy was harmless and selfless.

That said Ayushmann had his moments too, for example his eyes when Bitti tells him that "tumhe toh nahi hua humse pyaar" 

Such a lovely movie by the way! :D

Originally posted by DushtKanya

So true! Rajkummar's performance owned this one.

I was watching BKB yesterday itself and found him sooo endearing <3 He was so cute and I felt like crying and hugging him so many times, poor guy was harmless and selfless.

That said Ayushmann had his moments too, for example his eyes when Bitti tells him that "tumhe toh nahi hua humse pyaar" 

Such a lovely movie by the way! :D

Completely agree!

This movie is one of my favourites as well❤️

It was not Rao's brilliance , it was the brilliance of the writing for the character of Pritam Vidrohi and the funny dialogues and punches...

Originally posted by LiveEatLove

It was not Rao's brilliance , it was the brilliance of the writing for the character of Pritam Vidrohi and the funny dialogues and punches...

how many actors are there who can transform instantly as Pritam and Vidrohi in the same scene as RKR did?? changing everything from voice to mannerism to body language like RKR did??

Character ke writing ko present karneke liye acting brilliance chahiye hota hai. A lesser actor couldn't have handled it.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

how many actors are there who can transform instantly as Pritam and Vidrohi in the same scene as RKR did?? changing everything from voice to mannerism to body language like RKR did??

Character ke writing ko present karneke liye acting brilliance chahiye hota hai. A lesser actor couldn't have handled it.

Yes not many can...but Ayushman's character had nothing going in his favour writing wise...even Kriti's character had more spice ...so i feel the comparison is very unfair....