Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

Kunal Two Shot - One Drunken Night

ingenuity thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

One Drunken Night - Part 1

features AbKun, KuKu and a slight bit of MishBir

Kunal put a smile on his face before he entered the Maheshwari Mansion. His eyes, on their own accord, looked for the one person he really wanted to see. He had chosen to not tell Kuhu he was coming for the party, it was a little bit of a surprise and a little bit of ego on his part. He was still furious that she wouldn't even give him a chance to speak and justify himself but a part of him knew he was to be blamed for that as well.

He shut his eyes to stop the flow of thoughts. It was really not the time, he had his mother's dirty work to do. Kunal scoffed. What he really wanted was to beg his Mom to stop, to just leave Abir alone and Mishti alone. In her desperate need to keep them away, she was really forgetting that Kunal was a person of his own. He felt like her right hand, always at her beck and call for the one mission in her life. Before he could dwell deep into his sudden flow of rather unusual thoughts, he heard an excited "Kunal!" ring through the house.

Of course, it was Kuhu's Nanchak. Kunal kept himself from cringing. How was Nishant even bearing this stupid nickname. Then he remembered. He called Kung Fu or something. He was just as weird, if not more. He shook his head a little, what was he even thinking tonight? How did it matter?

As Nishant went ahead, talking to God knows whom, his eyes fell on the other woman storming his thoughts. She was still wide-eyed, and dare he admit, cute. Her hair framed her face rather perfectly as she narrowed her eyes at him. In a couple long steps, she was in front of him, hands resting against her waist. 

“Why are you here?”

“Kuhu!” his dearest mother-in-law admonished his wife making Kunal smirk a little bit. Then he realised what he had thought. How was he suddenly comfortable calling her his wife?

He blinked his eyes a few times. Was everything okay?

---

Kunal clenched his jaw as Kuhu went on and on about how he was mean and stupid and selfish. 

Ho gaya tumhara?

She twisted her face in a scowl. “Oh please, you first rejected Nanchak's invitation then showed up. Can you please make up your mind?”

Kunal seemed thoughtful for a few seconds. “You are pretty cute.”

Kunal could swear he saw the prettiest blush adorn his wife for a few seconds. He could proudly admit he had left her stumped with the sudden compliment. Then he gave it a second thought, where did that come from?

“Are you okay?” Kuhu looked concerned.

“Why? Can I not even compliment you without you questioning my sanity?”

“I know I am adorable but I also know you are too much of an akdu to admit it. So, I am asking, are you, maybe drunk? That's the only time you are honest.”

Kunal thought for a few seconds. That would explain the light-headedness and the slight buzzing. Oh, and the weird thoughts.

“I think you might be right. You are a genius, Kuhu!” 

Kuhu almost laughed. Almost. He was such a dork when drunk. “Why did you drink and come to the party? Do you need liquid courage to even face my family? Are you finally realising the tremendous amounts of sin you've committed?”

Now, Kunal couldn't vouch if those were her exact words, his memory didn't serve that well but he remembered his own words pretty straight.

“I actually don't know how or why I am drunk. I mean, Mom did ask me to get Nishant drunk.”

Kuhu had stopped him at that point with a frown but he deemed it unimportant and continued, “As for realising my mistakes. You might be right. I mean, I was by your bedside the whole time. So involved in making sure you were alright that I didn't even know Bhai and Mishti had fallen into that ditch till Mom called me to shout at me. I mean, she does shout at me a lot, it's always Kunal you are not being a good brother. Kunal, you are not being a good son. Kunal, do this to embarrass Mishti. KUNAL, do that to keep Abir away from Mishti. She doesn't realise that I am supposed to have a life outside of this little Mish-Bir bubble she resides in. Oh, did you see that? I mean hear that. I came up with a ship name for Bhai and Mishti even when I am high. I am a genius.” He gave her a lousy grin.

“No you didn't. I made that for their Gordhana. Hashtag MishBirGetEngaged.” Kuhu corrected him but she was smiling now. The only time Kunal had her do that now.

“As I was saying, always being ordered around. Kunal, pretend that you love Kuhu. Kunal, tell Abir you are ready to run with Kuhu. Kunal, just get engaged to Kuhu. Kunal, make sure there are reporters on your haldi so I can embarrass that Maheshwaris. Kunal, just let it get to the mandap so I can humiliate the Maheshwaris and make Mishti regret and make them regret and God knows what.”

Kuhu's face was grim again. “I don't think you should be saying all of this. You'll regret it in the morning.”

“NO! Let me complete. You never let me speak. Always keep making assumptions. So where was I?”

“Leaving me at the mandap.”

“Right! Do this, do that. Get married to Kuhu or else Abir will go livid. Can you believe that Kuhu? She made me marry you because Abir bhai wanted it. Where the hell was my choice in the matter? Where the hell was the consideration for your life? I'll be honest, I was only thinking about myself and how it felt heavy in my conscience to do that to you but I realise now. How wrong I was to do it. Now it's happening all over again. Kunal, go to the Maheshwari House and see if Mishti and Nishant are dating for real. I mean seriously?”

Kuhu looked at him with wide eyes. “They are doing what?”

“You didn't know?” Kunal frowned. He then grinned. “Guess I am on a secret-spill spree today. Ask me anything.”

Then, as if he was suddenly sober he straightened. Wait, something really was wrong with him. “I am going to go take a walk in the fresh air.”

He left behind a rather confused Kuhu. She immediately marched towards her elder brother. She was getting all her facts straight tonight.

---

As he stumbled outside, a cool breeze hit his face. Kunal took a deep breath. Now that he thought of it, he didn't feel as drunk anymore. He paused. Did he just tell Kuhu everything in his very sober state?

He shook his head a bit. What the hell Kunal? He walked to the little garden the Maheshwaris had. He heard hushed whispers. 

“Abir, you are really drunk. I think we should wait for you to get sober. I promise I'll hear you out then.”

Nahi Mishti. Now's the chance. If I wait, something will come up. Maa will have a new plan, Kunal will hate me— Remember I asked you to get married to me on Karva Chauth. We should have gotten married then and presented ourselves as Mrs. and Mr. Agarwal. Should have seen Big Ben's face then.” Abir laughed lazily. 

“Abir, I promise we'll get married. I just want you to think it through when you tell me the truth.”

“I promise I won't regret it because I love you Mishti. I know, Kunal will think I am choosing you over him but it is not true. I love both of you, I can't live without either of you.”

“Why would Kunal think so?” Kunal didn't realise he spoke out loud. His eyes widened. Thankfully, neither of them had heard him. He sighed. His brother still loved Mishti, they why did he go on chanting 'everything is awesome'. When did Kunal even ask him to choose? Kunal remembered agreeing to all of Abir's wishes. 

“Mishti, Mom blackmailed me that if I didn't leave you, she'll tell Kunal the truth. I can't let that happen Mishti. Maybe there was some other way but I panicked and did what she asked me to and there hasn't been one single day that I don't regret thinking it through.”

WHAT TRUTH? Kunal felt like shouting. What was Bhai even saying? Kunal didn't want to eavesdrop but he couldn't help it anymore. He was being talked about and he would be damned if he did his mother's bidding without even knowing what went down.

---

So, I was thinking about Ritvik's story and boy, if he doesn't get drunk and give me an emotionally charged performance, what else could it be? Time for the second Rajvansh brother to get drunk this month.

Another part will be up soon. Not a lot of stuff, I am not even sure what I am going to write but I know I have more to say.

Let me know how it was.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

So, is Kunal drunk or not??🤔🧐

Loved it!! Would love to see what you come up with for the next chapter!! 

Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Interesting to read...

meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Ok so brothers are drunk as hell...you wrote Kunal well dear

Where is my second part?

ruhi19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

its intresting... pm me for next part

ShenzK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Wow! It's a treat to read such a well written Kunal. I would really want to know what happens next. The way you have built up the whole plot for unveiling of the hidden secrets is absolutely edgy. 

Nikki_love thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Very interesting and exciting what Kunal would do and how did Mishti and Abir meet..pls update soon..plstag me