mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

What do you estimate will be the opening day and lifetime collections of Chapaak?

For me:

I predict around 6-8 crores opening and 70-80 crores lifetime.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Piku in her prime opned at 5cr without clash. 

I think it will open around 5-6,Lifetime depends on appreciation. 

QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Considering it stars the Meena Kumari/Madhubala of this generation, I expect it to open at 20CR and finish with 300CR lifetime. 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Chhapaak will be a profitable film..it is not a big deal.Most reasonably made small films are in the green due to the theatrical / nontheatrical worldwide collection.

Question is ..can it do more? We will know in 3 weeks.I am glad that D3,GN,Tanhaji,Street dancer are releasing  in the next several weeks.Lets see if small films get affected..and what number of screens are needed to reach 60-70 crores.

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: you2

Chhapaak will be a profitable film..it is not a big deal.Most reasonably made small films are in the green due to the theatrical / nontheatrical worldwide collection.

Question is ..can it do more? We will know in 3 weeks.I am glad that D3,GN,Tanhaji,Street dancer are releasing  in the next several weeks.Lets see if small films get affected..and what number of screens are needed to reach 60-70 crores.

Edited by Twinklingmoon - 4 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

she will destroy kajol one more time

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Raazi opened at 7.53 crore and  people have this notion that deepika is a bigger star than alia so i think chappak s open day collection should be more than that 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I think it will be a hit.

if it flops it will bring out the real side of this forum with all the party threads. Not that it was ever hidden.

Edited by SugaAgustD - 4 years ago
flipfl0p thumbnail

Chapaak might be a great film. But it is against a big challenge. A female lead with acid burnt face. It is not the usual beautiful Deepika’s face we are familiar with.

In real, we may engage with such people. But in an entertaining industry, will people come forward and pay money to get engaged with that face is a tough question. (For example, I could not engage with Gaurav in Fan, because of his ugly teeth). 

I feel the opening day will be low. Only thing that can change opening day is sings. First one is good.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

the comparison with fan is not appropriate. Fan was such a movie with a character that you either hate or love. Most people hardly had any sympathy for the character.

This is a completely different movie on a different subject which seeks empathy and awareness. I think this is a sure shot hit. I believe the world is changing outside this forum. People don't run after beauty, status and reputation always. The world is changing. Deepika will receive a lot more appreciation and respect from audience for doing this role than her previous movies. 

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Chapaak might be a great film. But it is against a big challenge. A female lead with acid burnt face. It is not the usual beautiful Deepika’s face we are familiar with.

In real, we may engage with such people. But in an entertaining industry, will people come forward and pay money to get engaged with that face is a tough question. (For example, I could not engage with Gaurav in Fan, because of his ugly teeth). 

I feel the opening day will be low. Only thing that can change opening day is sings. First one is good.