Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

The Bollywood Actors Roundtable 2019 with Rajeev Masand

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

In the first of CNN-News18’s year-end Bollywood Roundtable series, meet the five men who delivered some of the strongest performances at #TheActorsRoundtable2019. #RajeevMasand sat down with #RanveerSingh (for #GullyBoy), #ShahidKapoor (for #KabirSingh), #AyushmannKhurrana (for #Article15 and #Bala), #AkshayeKhanna (for #Section375) and #VijayVarma (for #GullyBoy), and spoke to them about their craft, and their process of getting into the heads of these complex characters.

https://youtu.be/Pv_-uNfC4rQ

Edited by altgr - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Uploader made it unavailable in my country 

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I think I've grown pretty tired of Ranveer Singh as a person in a roundtable now. I feel like ffwd-ing every time he speaks. And just by default I want to hear those who are speaking less cuz Ranveer's hogging all the limelight, even if I don't care about them otherwise like Akshaye Khanna here. Have to say that Akshaye is pretty genuine with his expressions lol

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Akshaye Khanna invented nuanced acting, there is absolutely no doubt, this guy was launched by a showman but went on to play roles that really set him apart on the frame. He said so much without saying much and every time we felt for him. It’s a pity he doesn’t get much work, when in fact, he wants to, like he says himself. 

it was so nice to hear Verma talk about Amitabh Bachan’s process. So lovely. 

Ayushman doesn’t really expose his craft or process much, in most of these interviews, he has taken a different tack - he talks of his vulnerabilities but never shares his craft..

Shahid Kapoor will wake up one day and most probably his daughter will wake him up to it, to what is exactly wrong with the messaging of Kabir Singh. He made some interesting points on the need to keep working and script reading 

I am so so glad Rajeev had Akshaye Khanna- as it is Ranveer Singh ruined it for everyone. Agar Polyster ki dukaan pehna hai toh haath neeche karo bhaiii

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: astha36

I think I've grown pretty tired of Ranveer Singh as a person in a roundtable now. I feel like ffwd-ing every time he speaks. And just by default I want to hear those who are speaking less cuz Ranveer's hogging all the limelight, even if I don't care about them otherwise like Akshaye Khanna here. Have to say that Akshaye is pretty genuine with his expressions lol

Tell me about it, when he is ever going to stop behaving like that

Edited by DushtKanya - 4 years ago
Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Akshaye Khanna giving zero fucks about his clothes while everyone else looks like they are starring in some Badshah video.

Ps Ranveer needs to stop whatever he is smoking.

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Shahid Kapoor will wake up one day and most probably his daughter will wake him up to it, to what is exactly wrong with the messaging of Kabir Singh. He made some interesting points on the need to keep working and script reading

This!

And Ranveer actually made so much sense about gratitude and praying. I love the depth he has!

Also, Shahid apart from ks crap, how cool has he become with Ranveer. Those blinds were lying it seems.

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Also, Akshaye was being made comfy by all guys Fanboying about his films and singing Kaisi hai yeh rut !

Wish he also respected the table and contributed.

He is an introvert ok, but you are being asked questions, talk. No one pushed him out, in fact, when ayushman and Ranveer asked him stuff, HE was being rude and all "I don't know, I don't remember".

He's a good listener and agreed with the men about lots of topics, fine.

Also, Vijay Verma, boy! He'll go places if he keeps choosing good stuff.

Waiting for ghost stories and a suitable boy.

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Shahid still doesn’t understand why people had a problem with Kabir Singh. 

why the hell was akshaye even invited. He was asked multiple times but he if he wants to chill he should rather sit at home.

Else the camaraderie between the rest was good and nice to listen. 

This ranveer wanting the limelight or talking nonsense. guess I watched a different roundtable. Seems he should have sit there like akshaye to please everyone.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

So we can’t view this if we don’t live in India ?