Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

#Ladaku Chokro-A KuKu (Ritvik and Kaveri) DTNt Pg 31 AT Nt Pg63/143 - Page 109

journalgirl321 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

If you mean “jalkukdi” then it basically means “jealous girl”.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aquaHP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: journalgirl321

If you mean “jalkukdi” then it basically means “jealous girl”.

The people on the forum do mean jalkukdi but I guess they can't keep calling Kuhu that because it's a bit offensive so maybe it's a loophole

aquaHP thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Meera: Yup, also what worked so well was that Kuhu in being herself was able to do a lot for the RVs at a very sensitive time. She held morale up when Mehul came back on the scene, made Kunal see sense, and repeatedly foiled Mehul's plans to manipulate him against Meenu. With her new business, she also became the family's major source of excitement and happiness after the Mishbir break-up. As Kunal pointed out, she forged a unique and meaningful bond with each member of the family. Kuhu's fear about Mishti is that she will come in with grand gestures and make all these relationships she has built up little by little look silly and irrelevant, just like Mishti's huge achievements and ambitions made her little accomplishments (like Ikebana) feel small.

@Nami: I don't think we disagree at all. I never said Mishti was a bad person and my problem is not with the outburst AT ALL. I am all for people expressinng their emotions, and that made total sense, The problem is with the concealment/deception. You want to be angry? Be angry. Also, you want to plan the pooja on your own? Plan it on your own. Don't exclude Kuhu/Kunal who offered but then ask Parul masi for help. That contradiction sends a very hostile message (which I think was intentional today). 

Re. Kuhu's feelings for Kunal: I am not talking about why she stayed in the marriage here, but rather why she never fell out of love, despite how hard he tried to push her away (and despite the fact that it made her feel like a fool on multiple occasions). I think it was because his raw emotions were always bared to her in a way that made it impossible for her not to understand/empathise with him. After the hospital incident, she convinced herself that he didn't love her and it wasn't worth hoping anymore, but she never stopped loving him. 

I don't know if I have anything to add. I second this observation 10000%. I actually haven't been able to completely get why Mishti does what she does. I get the part where she is insecure about her family being taken away so she becomes all tyaag ki Devi. I also get her not wanting to be a burden on her foster family so she tries to hide stuff so as to not cause them any discomfort but I don't get this Mishti who sneaks about, reminds herself that she doesn't like lying when it's someone else's matter but she'll do it for the family but forgets this Harishchandra trait of hers the second when she could get in trouble. I don't get why the haar thing today was so important for her before it's backstory was told when she is not materialistic at all because the symbolism part of it was fulfilled.

Also, did anyone notice how she came in KuKu's room and said to Kuhu that she atleast realised that she had done something wrong and then later on in the kitchen was like I don't know if you realised what you did was wrong? Girl, make up your mind!!

Also, it would have been better if Kuhu had owned up to breaking the haar by mistake instead of stalling 😬

thedramaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This AT has become a full blown analysis thread, much to my delight. I haven't been able to "like" or comment on many posts, but have mostly caught up and commenting on a few bits that largely spoke to me 

@Nami: I don't think we disagree at all. I never said Mishti was a bad person and my problem is not with the outburst AT ALL. I am all for people expressinng their emotions, and that made total sense, The problem is with the concealment/deception. You want to be angry? Be angry. Also, you want to plan the pooja on your own? Plan it on your own. Don't exclude Kuhu/Kunal who offered but then ask Parul masi for help. That contradiction sends a very hostile message (which I think was intentional today). 

This has been my issue with Mishti ever since she outed KuKu. Like Bigben said, she does manmani and then claims to be this meek mouse and hides behind the galati se veil... or just finds a way to deflect attention from herself. Kuhu and I have the same issue with Mishti! 

This content was originally posted by: journalgirl321

She also didn't have anyone in that house to fill her mind with toxicity (*cough* Jasmeet *cough), because no one had an agenda regarding her. There is no way to put it other than this: Mishti brings out the absolute WORST in Kuhu. And Kuhu is fully aware of this. Which is why on the morning after the wedding when she was talking on the phone with Jasmeet, she emphasized that she was really only concerned with building a happy life with Kunal, and nothing else. 

@Meera - Jasmeet and kuhu are two manifestations of bade papa and badima's partiality towards Mishti to assuage their own guilt. Jasmeet actually comes from a place of genuine concern for Kuhu. She has seen how every relation was put on the back burner, repeatedly, by the bade so that *they* can feel good about bringing Mishti home and doing the grand gesture of fostering a girlchild. I do not buy the argument that Kuhu had her parents so what is the big deal that Mishti got all this attention from Badepapa and badima... nah! 😳Kuhu is allowed to expect love from her grandparents AND parents. 

Kuhu had to be the adult in her relationship with Varsha in the early days. She is done being the understanding one. I haven't watched the parent show, nor do I need to, to know this. Kuhu herself said it during the coke picnic with Kunal. (She said she used to cry herself to sleep every night telling herself that Varsha is her mother). These people should have organised for some therapy or interventions for these girls when they were little. Badima just dictated the rishte and everyone was supposed to get on with it! 😡

Jasmeet's ways are wrong. Her concerns aren't. She tried raising them to Varsha and was shushed. Jasmeet sees that Bigben is being the sweetest mother in law to Mishti and all her fears for Kuhu come back. That Bigben will go the extra mile, like badepapa and especially badima did, and Kuhu will again suffer like she did earlier. 

This content was originally posted by: aquaHP

I actually haven't been able to completely get why Mishti does what she does. I get the part where she is insecure about her family being taken away so she becomes all tyaag ki Devi. I also get her not wanting to be a burden on her foster family so she tries to hide stuff so as to not cause them any discomfort but I don't get this Mishti who sneaks about, reminds herself that she doesn't like lying when it's someone else's matter but she'll do it for the family but forgets this Harishchandra trait of hers the second when she could get in trouble. I don't get why the haar thing today was so important for her before it's backstory was told when she is not materialistic at all because the symbolism part of it was fulfilled.

@aqua, as much as I have understood Mishti, she is preoccupied painting this perfect daughter narrative in her head. Serves these maheshwaris right for playing with fire and sending their girls totally unequipped for this sasural. Kuhu was doing fine on her own, thanks to the training she got from Varsha. However, she was never trained to deal with Mishti as her jethani😕! 

All these years of brushing things under the carpet will rear its ugly face at some point. These Maheshwaris want things to happen by wishing them. That is not how the world runs unfortunately. 

On an unrelated note, I also have a bone to pick with Abir... (again the disclaimer stands that I have not watched today's episode). He does not get Mishti's need for approval from authority figures and also to *normalise* her life. She does not want to be the rebel that Abir is. Abir really doesn't get to decide if Mishti should care about the rasoi or not. I loved that he took charge and supported her in the ceremony. However, either Mishti stops trying to be bigben's perfect bahu or Abir stops trying to mould Mishti into a quirky bahu. The two don't co-exist. (Its like my husband tells me every year I dont have to fast for Karwa chauth.. umm... you don't get to decide Mr DQ.. Its my fast... my ceremony... you don't want to be part of it, so be it!). Mishti wants to be what Kajol wanted to be in K3G - Suhagan - bahu and wife both. ⭐️

This content was originally posted by: aquaHP

Also, did anyone notice how she came in KuKu's room and said to Kuhu that she atleast realised that she had done something wrong and then later on in the kitchen was like I don't know if you realised what you did was wrong? Girl, make up your mind!!

Kuhu's fear about Mishti is that she will come in with grand gestures and make all these relationships she has built up little by little look silly and irrelevant, just like Mishti's huge achievements and ambitions made her little accomplishments (like Ikebana) feel small.

@aqua, As above, this is the issue with Mishti... she sends different signals to different people. This is why What sam said is so relevant! Everything kuhu does is branded silly. Why would her guard not be up then? 

A little birdie tells me Kunal came back early from work.. haye! He went to work on day 1 of his wedded life.. Kamkaji yummy chokro! Husband goals! 

-DQ

Edited by thedramaqueen - 4 years ago
nami2811 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@dramaqueen (sorry don't know your name) and @aqua and @Sam

You guys save so much patience and reply to everyone in a sinlge post 😲 👏

aquaHP thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: nami2811

@dramaqueen (sorry don't know your name) and @aqua and @Sam

You guys save so much patience and reply to everyone in a sinlge post 😲 👏

I have zero patience. It's just that this is a place where I get to immerse in fiction and somehow get response for the same. Also, I only do it when I actually have something to express otherwise I just keep liking the posts I agree with.😋

audrey_channing thumbnail

DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT KUHU IS ALLERGIC TO WALNUTS BUT SHE ATE THE CHOCOLATE WALNUT BROWNIE...SEEMS LIKE A LOOPHOLE

aquaHP thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: audrey_channing

DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT KUHU IS ALLERGIC TO WALNUTS BUT SHE ATE THE CHOCOLATE WALNUT BROWNIE...SEEMS LIKE A LOOPHOLE

🤣

I had completely forgotten about that detail. 

*Fanfic brain activated*

Mishti tries to kill Kuhu in an attempt to be the sole bahu of the RV fam. *Dun dun dun*😆

P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

So Mishti actually manages to make some edible food?

nami2811 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: audrey_channing

Oh my! Really? 🤣🤣

Blooper blooper!! Great observation 👍🏼🤣