Posted: 4 years ago

I love the movie a lot. I do feel sometimes that Zoya and Reema write male centric movies better than female dialogues. 

My cousins daughter who is born and brought up in the states loves this movie and has watched it with all of her gori friends and she said something so interesting ..she said all the dialogues seem to have been translated from English to Hindi and not the other way around, it’s like the writers think in English and write in Hindi and that’s why it’s so relatable for urban and young audience. My cousin who grew up in Mumbai said that’s exactly how bombayites talk, they think in English and not in Hindi which is akhtar’s sensibility 

Originally posted by columbia

I love the movie a lot. I do feel sometimes that Zoya and Reema write male centric movies better than female dialogues. 

My cousins daughter who is born and brought up in the states loves this movie and has watched it with all of her gori friends and she said something so interesting ..she said all the dialogues seem to have been translated from English to Hindi and not the other way around, it’s like the writers think in English and write in Hindi and that’s why it’s so relatable for urban and young audience. My cousin who grew up in Mumbai said that’s exactly how bombayites talk, they think in English and not in Hindi which is akhtar’s sensibility 

yeah apparently the Akhtar siblings write all their dialogues in English and then have them translated to hindi afterwords.. 

One of the most complete movies in recent times.. ⭐ 👏

What in particular did you not like about this film?

Originally posted by DushtKanya

I think ZNMD had brilliant, witty dialogues. Hats off to Farhan Akhtar! And of course, the beautiful poems penned by Javed Akhtar ❤️ Dil Aakhir Tu Kyun Rota Hai stirs so many feelings

Some of my favourite dialogues are: 

"Tere baare mein kuch suna hai" and whatever comes next 😆

"Arjun mah buoy, tum iss the uniform mein the mantal lag rahe ho"

"Bagwati" 

"Aur ye BPL kya hai? - Bum Pe Laat" lmao.

"Ek hi dubki mein zindagi ke saare raaz khul gaye?"

"Insaan ko dibbe mein sirf tab hona chahiye jab vo mar chuka ho"

"Laila: Mujhe afsos karna nahin aata...

Arjun: Aur hona bhi nahin chahiye 

😳"

"Arjun: SAB LIKHA HUA HAAAAI 

Imran: Abey please likha hua likha hua kehna band karo *falls to his feet* 

Arjun: You know, ye bhi likha hua hai" 

"*in the middle of a serious scene, in jail* 

Kabir: Hum sab ke fathers aaye na aaye vo hamesha aate the...

Arjun: Well mere father toh pehle hi mar chuke the... toh agar vo sports day pe aata toh kaafi strange hota..."

"Tandoori chicken ki tarah latak rahe honge unke singh par" 🤣

I agree! the dialogues were so so good! great choices of dialogues there! Remember the Laila/Majnu dialogue scene?! 

Dost mujhe Majnu bulate hai!!

Originally posted by lovemango

Not a Farhan fan at all but I enjoyed the movie overall. The whole vibe was very fun and chill with deeper meaning flashbacks etc, enjoyed the Hrithik and Abhay tracks.

I especially enjoyed the Hrithik Katrina scene where they discuss the ‘meaning of life’ and how money is important but not everything... very relatable scene.

Fair enough! Definitely fun and chill with a great story behind it.

Definitely, that scene changed his perspective of life! That is what I love about this film too, it is relatable and can learn a thing or two from it.