Hi 

Just read your story it was awesome

Plz update soon

glad u loved it dear...

the story will be up in few minutes..

thank you❤️

Posted: 4 years ago

CHAPTER 4

It was around midnight. Abir was lying on the bed with his eyes closed while changing his side now and then. After a few moments, Abir sat on the bed. He looked at the side table of his bed and picked up his phone to check the time. It was 1 O’clock in the morning. Abir rubbed his face and took a deep breath and got off the bed. He slowly pulled his legs towards the door of the guest room and went towards his room where Mishti and Kuhu were sleeping. 

Abir slowly pushed the door, entered inside the room and looked at Mishti who was sleeping with a strained face. He walked towards her and lovingly caressed her hair. Then without making any noise, he walked up to the cupboard and opened it carefully and took out a book titled, “The Notebook”. He looked at Mishti again and then left from there. 

Abir came back in the guest room with the novel in his left hand and sat on the bed. He turned on the lamp and looked at the slightly wrinkled cover of the book. He touched the cover and took a deep breath and opened the book and smelled the pages of the book. 

“Aaj bhi ismein se tumhari khushboo aati hai”

Abir, with welled up eyes flipped some more pages and a dried rose emerged in front of his eyes. He picked the rose in his hand and kept the book aside.

An image of his past started playing in front of his eyes.  

FLASHBACK

Abir, all dressed up like a dapper in black pant, blue shirt, black coat. He was walking back and forth on a lawn with a red rose in his hand. In the lawn, there was a table for two decorated with flowers. A bottle of wine in the middle of the table and some dishes surrounding it. 

Abir was walking when he heard her voice, Mishti’s voice. He turned and looked at her with a big smile on his face. Mishti walked towards him with a very big smile which reflected her happiness on her face. 

“Main tumse hi milne aane wali thi but usse pehle tumne hi call kar diya,” said Mishti

Abir hid the rose at the back, before Mishti could have noticed it and casually asked,“Acha, kyu?”

“Vo mujhe kuch kehna tha tumse”

“Haan kaho”

“But tumne mujhe bulaya hai na..toh pehle tum bolo”

“Nahi pehle tum”

“Okay” said Mishti and took a deep breath and added, “okay don’t freak out after listening to this. Today only, I realised what I feel”

Abir with a hopeful smile, was listening to her. 

Mishti continued with closed eyes, “I love him..I love Kunal”

Abir’s smile faded but within seconds he plastered a fake smile on his face. He put the rose in his back pocket and covered it with the coat.

Mishti opened her eyes and Abir hugged her and said, “I am so happy for you”

“Really?”

“Yup...pagal” said Abir breaking the hug and continued, “toh tumne Kunal ko bataya?”

“Nahi..Pehle tumhe hi bataya”

“Arre ja use bata”

“Haan” said Mishti and turned to go when she realised something and turned back and added, “Tu kuch kehna chahta tha na?”

Abir looked at Mishti and lied,“Vo….vo.. bhul gaya”

“Acha thik jab yaad aaye toh bata dena”

“Hmmm...ab tu ja...kahin der na ho jaye” said Abir with pain in his heart and smile on his lips. 

“Haan” said Mishti and turned to go but again she turned and looked at Abir and added, “acha...ye sab preparation, decoration and all?..ye sab kiske liye hai?”

Abir looked at Mishti and then moved his eyes on the decoration around and again lied, “Arre...vo mera school friend tha...matlab hai na..Karan. Vo jise pasand karta hai...aaj use propose karne wala hai. Ussi ka wait kar raha hun”

“Acha….toh tu itna ready hokar kyun aaya hai..”

“Vo...actually..mom...mom hai na...she wanted me to meet someone”

“Someone? As in?”

“Maa ki ek childhood friend hai bas unse hi”

“Itna ready hoke...I doubt”

“Mom ne kaha tha” said Abir and added, “ab ja na..Kunal ke paas nahi jaana?”

“Okay, chal main ja rahi and all the best...wahan pakka koi ladki tera wait kar rahi hogi..”

Abir smiled and Mishti left. Abir took out the rose from his pocket and looked at it and a tear rolled down from his eyes. 

FLASHBACK ENDS

With moist eyes, Abir kept the rose back in the book. He started reading the book while lying on the bed and within a few minutes he fell asleep with his book over his chest close to his heart. 

In the morning, Abir was sleeping when Mishti entered inside the room. She walked towards him and called him softly, “Abir utho.” 

Abir turned a little and the book he was sleeping with, was about to fall, but Mishti held it on time. In the meantime, Abir also woke up. He slowly opened his eyes and saw  Mishti standing beside the bed and he immediately sat on the bed. 

“Tum yahan?” said Abir in a sleepy voice and suddenly his eyes fell on the novel in Mishti’s hand, vanishing all his sleep. He stretched his hand to take the novel from her hand.

Mishti looked at the novel and said, “ye novel abhi tak tumhare paas hai?”

“Haan..tumne gift kiya tha” replied Abir and got off the bed and took the novel from her hand and kept it inside the cupboard. 

“Aur tumne kitna drama kiya tha ki kuch aur hi de deti...aur ab dekho aaj bhi tum ye book padhtey ho. Btw kitni baar padha?”

Abir turned to Mishti and replied, “yaad bhi nahi ki kitni baar” 

“Itni pasand aayi?”

“Jab bhi tumhari yaad aati thi toh padh leta tha...lagta tha ki tum mere paas hi ho”

“Toh phir kabhi phone kyu nahi kiya?”

Abir immediately looked at Mishti with pain in his eyes and realised that he had already done the damage. In the meantime, Kuhu came there. 

Kuhu said a bit loudly, “Mishti” Mishti and Abir looked in her direction. Kuhu continued, “tum yahan ho...main tumhe poore ghar mein dhundh rahi thi”

“Haan..vo main Abir se kuch baat karne aayi thi”

“Kya?” asked Abir

“Kunal ke baare mein kuch pata chala?”

“Abhi tak toh nahi, jaise pata chalega main batata hun”

“Hmmm” said Mishti and left with Kuhu. Abir kept on looking at Mishti till she left his eyes.

Abir got ready for the office and went straight to Kuhu. Kuhu was sitting on the bed while folding the clothes. And the room was filled from the noise of water falling from the shower in the washroom. 

“Kuhu,” called Abir from behind. Kuhu turned and Abir sat beside her. 

“Abir sab theek hai na?”

“Haan, actually main office ja raha tha..toh main wahi kehne aaya tha ki”

“Mishti ka khayal rakhungi...you don’t worry”

“Aur”

Kuhu cut him short and said, “aur kuch bhi hoga toh tumhe phone karungi”

Abir hugged her and said, “I love you yaar...agar tu nahi hoti toh main kya karta..”

“Love you too yaar...chal ab ja” said Kuhu breaking the hug.

Abir stood from his place and said, “okay..bye..” Then he left. 

Abir was driving to his office when his phone rang, the screen flashed Akshay’s name on the screen. He stopped his car on the side and received his call. 

“Yes, Akshay, kuch pata chala?”

“Abir, ek body mili hai Juhu beach ke paas. I want you to come to the morgue.” 

Tears rolled down from Abir’s eyes, his body was shaking and his phone fell from his hand. 

“Hello Abir...hello Abir...hello” said Akshay from the other side. 

Akshay disconnected the call and again called back. Abir heard the ring and bent down and started roaming his hand in search of his phone. After a few attempts, he was able to locate the phone. He picked it up and received Akshay’s call. 

Abir said in a shaky voice, “He..Hello”

“Abir, are you fine? Dekho..Abir abhi hume confirm nahi hai ki he is Kunal because his face is unrecognizable. I want you to come and confirm it. Abir are you listening?”

“Ye...yes”

“I am sending you the address, please come there”

“Hmmm” Akshay disconnected the call. And within a minute, Abir received the address from Akshay. Abir looked at the address and closed his eyes and leaned back on his seat.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I am sorry for being so much late with update :( :(. I will try my best to not make you guys wait for long for the updates.

Secondly, please do LIKE and COMMENT down your views, thoughts, ideas, suggestions, constructive criticism etc., so that I can improve myself and give you my best work in the future :)
Please do comment whatever you feel about the story as it will motivate me to write and update soon....

Thank you❤️

The story is very interesting and now u left it at cliff hanger..😔😔i hope u update soon😳😳

i cant see mishti and abir like this...

its heart touching...

update next as soon as possible..

Originally posted by The_incredible

The story is very interesting and now u left it at cliff hanger..😔😔i hope u update soon😳😳

I am glad that u loved the story and I will try to update soon..

thank you❤️

Originally posted by ruhi19

i cant see mishti and abir like this...

its heart touching...

update next as soon as possible..

will try to update as soon as possible..

thank you❤️

A very interesting read. Read all 4 chapters in a go. Liked the idea & the flow of events. Please PM me further updates. 

Originally posted by maneetmayur

A very interesting read. Read all 4 chapters in a go. Liked the idea & the flow of events. Please PM me further updates. 

Glad you loved the story till now...

will try to update soon...

thank you❤️