Why is Shahid not given credit for Padmaavat success?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Yeah yeah I know Ranveer stole the show. He overshadowed everyone, but that doesn't mean Shahid had no contribution to the success of the film. He was an A-lister even before Kabir Singh and Padmaavat. 

Opening matters more than lifetime and Padmaavat opened to 18 Crores. Before that Ranveer's biggest opener was Ram-Leela which opened to 14 Crores and Shahid's biggest opener before Padmaavat was Shandaar which opened to 11 Crores. 

There is not much difference between 14 Crores and 11 Crores so why Shahid is not given credit for the success of Padmaavat?

I dont think he ever treated it like his film..tbh. He did perform very well, but he seemed detached b.c he knew ranveer would get all the lime light. which is true.

Lots of people appreciate what he bought to the film..but having someone ranveer play along side you in such a strong character. it is obvious he will be walking away with the accolades.

I think shahid is more proud of kabir singh, since it is "his" film 

Shahid kinda became Darr's Sunny Deol in Padmavat.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

Shahid kinda became Darr's Sunny Deol in Padmavat.

But eventually got his Gadar/Kabir Singh ðŸ¥³

How do you define "success"?

The opening of the film only? It's lifetime business? Or the audience appreciation?

Shahid performed excellently, and I'm sure many of his fans went to see the film only for him. But I think overall, audiences were drawn to the theatres because SLB's previous films were well liked so he had the main draw. Then you've got Deepika-Ranveer's combination. There was a huge buzz throughout the whole of 2017 for the film. Lots of publicity, huge reaction to the trailer and songs. Then the film got decent reviews. All contributing factors for the "success" of the film. 

It wouldn't be right to say that one of these elements deserve credit for the success of this or any film. 

"Star Power" is a MYTH.

Edited by Rekha_ji - 4 years ago

Because first time i realised what screen presence Deepika and ranveer have!

shahid may be a very good actor and dancer  but  shahid missed that screen presence! 

Because shahid himself behave it was not his movie  he didnot post   tv   premier  post deepika and ranveer did when it was on air they were live too were promoting  he kinda behave how  he was   not treated well by slb how his role was not enough how he should not sign again small role his kwk  his interview with jitesh all proved he was himself accepting  he was supporting role who should get more screen and plus not won any thing for movie hurt him the most 

Originally posted by bikerider

Because first time i realised what screen presence Deepika and ranveer have!

shahid may be a very good actor and dancer  but  shahid missed that screen presence! 

It's coz in the movie Shahid was given a role that had the least screen presence. Period.

The ratan singh is rajput and by look he should be calling for attention. No i feel it was his small physique with others presence it spoiled for him. 

Originally posted by bikerider

The ratan singh is rajput and by look he should be calling for attention. No i feel it was his small physique with others presence it spoiled for him. 

@bold: that, too.

Did  Shahid ever do ensemble cast- with other good actors- and stand out? Or is he usually a solo hero movie?

And Shahid doesn't fir historicalm roles- he doesn;t have that 'imposing', menacing' whatever aura..IMO that RS and HR have in historicals.(shows that historicals aren't a cakewalk..you really have to have something extra).

Shahid is good in 'crazy' roles - every major success of his was a crazy role- Haider, Udta Punjab, Kabir Singh... he does well in this ..OTT behaviour..'sheet hits the fan' type of movies.