Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

memsaab thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Titan Antakshari to feature on Zee TV

Zee TV presents Titan Antakshari in a brand new avatar. Comedy king, Sunil Pal, and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Champion 2005 finalist, Himani Kapoor, will anchor Titan Antakshari. There are other celebrities from the musical world all adding up to the glamour of the show.

The show has been designed by blending both the elements of Cricket and Music leading to the coming World Cup. This musical war will go on for 13 weeks titled Elaan -e- Jung between the 3 leading ladies of Zee TV - Saloni, Bani and Vidya. The usual teams of Deewane, Parwane and Mastane have been rechristened as Saloni ke Deewane, Bani ke Parwane and Vidya ke Mastane.

Announcing the launch of Titan Antakshari, Punit Goenka, Business Head, Zee TV said, "Zee TV is known for its Excellency in musical shows. We gave best of the playback singers to Indian Cinema like Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghosal, Debojit and Sanchita among many others. We look forward to providing our viewers a refreshingly new series of Titan Antakshri with some talented singing and loads of fun with Bani, Saloni and Vidya leading the teams."

Every episode in the coming 13 weeks will be a continuing battle between Saloni ke Deewane, Bani ke Parwane and Vidya ke Mastane to be crowned as Titan Antakshari - the World Champions.

So, don't forget to catch this refreshingly fresh series on Zee TV on Friday, Jan 5, 8:30 pm.

memsaab thumbnail
Singing the same tune: It's Sunil Pal and Himani Kapoor on Zee v/s Navina Prabhakar (right), who has been approached by Star

It's the sequel to the Sandiip Sikcand v/s Ekta Kapoor drama. Zee's prodigy Gajendra Singh, who conceived the channel's goldmine, Antakshari and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, has switched loyalties to Star. This has unleashed an interesting saga.

Both the channels are priming to unleash a new version of Antakshari on their channels. Now, if insiders are to be believed, both the programmes are trying to rope in comedians as hosts.

A source from Star says, "Zee has roped in Laughter Challenge comedian Sunil Pal as the host for their show.

On the other hand, Star has Annu Kapoor as the host. But, as Zee's name is synonymous with Antakshari, Star wants to leave no stone unturned to make their version of Antakshari a successful one.

"Now, they have also approached Navin Prabhakar, a Laughter Challenge finalist, to bring in the laughter quotient. They want to keep everything under wraps for the moment as disclosure could ruin their strategy."

Gajendra Singh, when contacted, said, "Our Antakshari will be completely different from Zee's show. We can't disclose the format of the show, but it's going to be absolutely different. We have Annu Kapoor as the host. The female co-host is yet to be finalised."

Isn't it true that they approached Navin Prabhakar to equalise Sunil Pal's comic quotient?

"We are considering it. But, he is not going to be the main host like Annu Kapoor. It will be a different segment altogether. It's too early to talk about that," he added.

Ashish Kaul, senior vice president, Zee, said, "We have heard about it. I don't know whether they are copying our idea or not, but definitely they are very insecure about our idea.

"Zee has been synonymous with Antakshari for a long time and all the versions of Antakshari on other channels have fallen flat.

"No doubt, they are bold enough to come up with their version, but they are scared enough."

How does he feel about Gajendra Singh's departure? "He's been a part of the Zee family for a long time. He is a thorough professional and I wish him all the best. But, it's a channel's game, so the equation is quite different," he added.

As the story unfolds, it will soon be clear if this is just the tip of the iceberg or the clash of the Titan(ic)s?
litlle angel thumbnail

Singing the same tune: It's Sunil Pal and Himani Kapoor on Zee v/s Navina Prabhakar (right), who has been approached by Star

It's the sequel to the Sandiip Sikcand v/s Ekta Kapoor drama. Zee's prodigy Gajendra Singh, who conceived the channel's goldmine, Antakshari and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, has switched loyalties to Star. This has unleashed an interesting saga.

Both the channels are priming to unleash a new version of Antakshari on their channels. Now, if insiders are to be believed, both the programmes are trying to rope in comedians as hosts.

A source from Star says, "Zee has roped in Laughter Challenge comedian Sunil Pal as the host for their show.

On the other hand, Star has Annu Kapoor as the host. But, as Zee's name is synonymous with Antakshari, Star wants to leave no stone unturned to make their version of Antakshari a successful one.

"Now, they have also approached Navin Prabhakar, a Laughter Challenge finalist, to bring in the laughter quotient. They want to keep everything under wraps for the moment as disclosure could ruin their strategy."

Gajendra Singh, when contacted, said, "Our Antakshari will be completely different from Zee's show. We can't disclose the format of the show, but it's going to be absolutely different. We have Annu Kapoor as the host. The female co-host is yet to be finalised."

Isn't it true that they approached Navin Prabhakar to equalise Sunil Pal's comic quotient?

"We are considering it. But, he is not going to be the main host like Annu Kapoor. It will be a different segment altogether. It's too early to talk about that," he added.

Ashish Kaul, senior vice president, Zee, said, "We have heard about it. I don't know whether they are copying our idea or not, but definitely they are very insecure about our idea.

"Zee has been synonymous with Antakshari for a long time and all the versions of Antakshari on other channels have fallen flat.

"No doubt, they are bold enough to come up with their version, but they are scared enough."

How does he feel about Gajendra Singh's departure? "He's been a part of the Zee family for a long time. He is a thorough professional and I wish him all the best. But, it's a channel's game, so the equation is quite different," he added.

As the story unfolds, it will soon be clear if this is just the tip of the iceberg or the clash of the Titan(ic)s?

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Indian Television 2007

By: Arya Aiyappan
Tuesday, January 09, 2007  
Subscribe to Newsletter

Television is growing by leaps and bounds. 2007 promises to bring in a lot of new visual wonders for the audience. 2006 slowly went by after having revived the reality shows and talent hunts with "Nach Baliye", "Business Baazigar". 2007 promises a string of surprises with the CAS conferring power into the hands of the spectators.

Speculations are soaring high and more channels and programmes are vying for visibility. Pranoy Roy's NDTV 24x 7 is launching a new entertainment channel with Karan Johar's Dharma Productions. Celebrities are venturing into the small screen trying to disseminate their charisma with Shahrukh Khan following Amitabh Bachchan's trail in "Kaun Banega Crorepati" (KBC) and action hero Suniel Shetty joining the train with "The Biggest Loser", an adaptation of a American reality show focusing on health, fitness and inspiration. As the super stars are contending for recognition on the small screen there, the possibilities of exploiting the screen space is enormous.

Remake spree is still on its way to infect many as the small screen is all geared up to remake classics with Doordarshan and Famous Studios intending to remake the epic film Mother India into a serial "Dharamputra" with Mrinal Kulkarni playing the lead. As the first Indian serial to be shot on High Definition camera format, this serial has much to its credit. Though the essence of the film would be the same as the classic the ambience would be in sync with the spirit of the age with the city as its backdrop.

Akin to KBC enters into its third season MTV's Semi Girebaal is all set to greet the New Year with a host of new guests and a follow-up of Ghoom 2 (a take-off on Dhoom2). Nach Baliye and Jhalak Dikhla Jaa are also planning to come up with their respective sequels this year. Channel V with its two new veejays -Tanvir Gill and Neil Bhoopalan is geared up for a dazzling musical show, Big V concert in Mumbai. With satellite films in demand and movie channel increasing every other day Set Max has bought Dhoom2 and Kabul Express.

2007 also heads for a swapping of shows and stars. Star One and Zee are simultaneously showcasing "Antakshari" with the similar system, but a revamped look and new faces. Gajendra Singh walked out of Zee to join Star One, followed by Annu Kapoor who managed to get a prime time for "Antakshari-The Great Challenge" with the former consenting to produce it from the beginning of February. Nonetheless Zee latches on to its brand name in airing Antakshari from January 5 with Zee Challenge 2005 winner Himani Kapoor and Laughter Challenge (Star One) winner Sunil Pal as presenters. With the endless set of replacements on the way, Star Plus' prime time show Karam Apna Apna has roped in Yash Tonk to essay the lead role of Shiv when Iqbal Khan decided to quit.

Top-notch heroines of television are in for some exciting roles this year. Smriti Irani of Kyunki fame will be seen in her home production "Viruddh" along with some of the finest talents Sushant Singh, Ashwini Kalsekar, Vikram Gokhale, Achint Kaur, and Govind Namdev on Sony, written by Kamalesh Pandey. Mona Singh of Jassi fame and Jhalak Dikhla Ja winner 2006 is to host a show "Extreme Makeover" centering on people who cannot lead normal lives due to defects wherein a group of doctors, dentists and crew would help them overcome it and relate to the audience the success stories. With this aiming to capture the afternoon and early evening slot, Sandiip Sikcand creative director of Sony plans to telecast "Durgesh Nandini" based on the Bankim Chandra Chatterjee novel.

Balaji Telefilms and Ekta Kapoor is put up yet another soap Kis Rishtey Se based on a popular novel spinning around the mayhem in the life of two stepsisters and their life with most sought after actors Shabbir Ahluwalia, Karan Wahi and Ronit Roy. Renuka Shahane makes a comeback after her hiatus from the small screen with "Jeete Hain Jiske Liye" an adaptation of telenovella La Madratssa, which has been unlawfully used in the generation leap in "Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki".

Luck is twice benevolent upon ESPN-STAR Sports having secured the broadcast rights not only for UEFA league and French Open Grand Slam tournament rights for five years but also the ICC events from 2007 to 2015. Mandira Bedi will continue to host Mandira "Extraa Innings". Television is a fast booming industry and time has proved it again and again.

shruti thumbnail

Antakshari back on Zee TV

Zee TV presents Titan Antakshari in a brand new avatar. Comedy king, Sunil Pal, and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Champion 2005 finalist, Himani Kapoor, will anchor Titan Antakshari. There are other celebrities from the musical world all adding up to the glamour on every Friday at 8:30 p.m. starting January 5, 2007.

The show has been designed by blending both the elements of Cricket and Music leading to the coming World Cup. This musical war will go on for 13 weeks titled Elaan -e- Jung between the 3 leading ladies of Zee TV - Saloni, Bani and Vidya.

The usual teams of Deewane, Parwane and Mastane have been rechristened as Salonike Deewane, Bani ke Parwane and Vidya ke Mastane. Every episode in the coming 13 weeks will be a continuing battle between Saloni ke Deewane, Bani ke Parwane and Vidya ke Mastane to be crowned as Titan Antakshari - the World Champions.

www.tvguideinida.com

snowflake0555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Himani storms off Antakshari set
   By: Tushar Joshi
   January 16, 2007

Sunil Pal and Himani Kapoor
She's a singer and he's a comedian, but all isn't well between the hosts of Zee's Antakshari — Himani Kapoor and Sunil Pal. Recently, a comment made by Pal during the shoot caused Himani to walk off the set.

A source close to the unit reveals, "Sunil cracks jokes all the time and loves taking digs at people, but it's all in good fun. He recently took a shot at Himani and compared her to Mallika Sherawat.

Since she's young and comes from a conservative background, she got very upset with his comment. Not only did she walk off the set, she also locked herself up in a vanity van for quite some time."

The source adds that once the camera starts rolling they are fine, but the moment the shoot is over, they go their separate ways. "It has a lot to do with the fact that this is Himani's first big show as a host and she often gets nervous. Sunil, on the other hand, is at ease with a live audience since he's also a stand-up comedian," says the source.

Jokes apart

When we speak to Himani about the incident, she affirms, "Yes, I got angry with Sunil's statement. He compared me to Mallika Sherawat and I didn't like it one bit. So I went off to my vanity van, as I was upset. Sunil then came and apologised and started telling me jokes to make me feel better. I resumed shooting after that. I don't have any problems with him. My only issue was with the Mallika joke he cracked on me."

Edited by snowflake0555 - 17 years ago
memsaab thumbnail

Titan Antakshri's second episode winner was Saloni Ke Deewane team. This

week's episode has a new gang of star cast representing each team - Akshay Anand and Ashlesha Sawant as Saloni ke Deewane, Naman Shaw and Sushil Singh as Bani ke Parwane and Rajesh Balwani and Jignesh Joshi as Vidya ke Mastane.

This week Babul Supriyo will grace the occasion with his presence. We will see him doing a lot of masti and hungama along with others on the sets of Titan Antakshri.

The show starts with Sunil Pal cracking jokes for the audience which annoys Himani. Himani has a complaint against Sunil that he always cracks jokes in her absence and does it only for others and not for her. Sunil apologizes on this and says henceforth he will crack jokes only for her, and this gets a smile on her face.
So don't forget to tune in to Titan Antakshri with Babul Supriyo on Jan 19 at 8.30 pm on Zee TV.

shruti thumbnail
Zee TV celebrates Republic Day
with Jagjit Singh

Tune in to Titan Antakshari on 26 January 8.30 pm.

The participants in this week's episode of Titan Antakshri are Neha Mehta (Mamta) & Madhu as Saloni ke Deewane; Sudip Sahir (Jab Love Hua) & his wife Anantika as Bani ke Parwane, Tanushree (Betiyaan) & Nilima Gokhale as Vidya ke Mastane.

Titan Antakshari dedicates this episode to Republic India. The crowd cheers on Jagjit Singh's entry. He feels a little special to be a part of Titan Antakshri and says it is a very good platform to wish all the Zee TV viewers a very happy Republic Day. He gives his best wishes to all the three-team members and sings a song for the Zee TV viewers.

So, don't miss the exciting event on Friday, January 26, at 8.30 pm.

http://us.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/jan/25jan/weekahead_zee.php

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

That's my line

Himani hogs the limelight in Antaskhari and comedian Sunil does not take it lightly

Back to Section Stories

Sapana Patil Poojary

Sunil Pal and Himani Kapoor

There's tension brewing on the sets of Antakshari as host Himani Kapoor seems to be rather unwilling to let co-host Sunil Pal share any of the limelight. Allegedly, Himani grabs Sunil's lines and promotes herself on the show. "Himani has done that several times and is unapologetic about it," informs a unit member.

The first season of Antakshari (Zee TV) had become popular for its fun element. But its host, Annu Kapoor's habit of outwitting his co-hosts had not gone unnoticed. Now history is repeating itself .

When contacted, Sunil appeared cheesed off. "She interrupts me when I am talking, or even when I am singing a song. I know she does it to grab attention, more screen space and be the front-runner."

Sunil adds, "I ignored it a couple of times because it is not right to discuss such matters in the middle of the shoot as it may affect our enthusiasm. But when her behaviour crossed limits, I had a talk with her one day.

"Instead of acknowledging her fault, she was indifferent. She got angry and told me, 'You don't know how to sing'. It's sad to be treated like this by a new entrant. I just hope it doesn't affect our chemistry and the show."

Himani is performing in the West Indies and could not be contacted for comment.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago