|Happily Ever After| ~ MayRu TS

Posted: 4 years ago

Shot #1

Rudra had never felt this scared ever before as he was experiencing now. This kind of fear was downright scary and heart-wrenching that had him freeze still for the moment when his eyes fell on Maya who was lying on the road in a pool of her own blood. The stark combination of crimson against the white dress that she was wearing that would have been pleasing if it had not been the color of blood that was soaking Maya's angelic white dress. A dress that he had gifted her and asked her to wear on the first date.

While the people around the street rushed towards the accident spot, Rudra gaze, on the other hand, moved over to the car that had just hit Maya. Rudra knew who was the person driving that car and the fact that this was not an accident but actually a murder. And he was proven correct when he spotted Mritunjay Roy sneaking a glance at the spot where Maya lied. Mrityunjay drove away unaware of the fact that Rudra had seen everything.

Anger and fear clouded his senses as Rudra rushed towards Maya. He wouldn't leave Mrityunjay for harming Maya the second time. Rudra picked up Maya in his arms and rushed towards his car not caring about anything. He placed Maya on the backseat of the car and started driving towards the nearest hospital. All the way he kept talking to Maya, promising her that he would take her to beautiful places on their upcoming dates, promising her that he would give her a fairytale wedding as she had always envisioned and a happily ever after.

Fortunately, there was a hospital at 20 minutes driving distance and the attending doctor as well said that he had brought Maya just in time. Rudra waited outside just by the door of the operation theatre as the doctors operated on Maya.

It had taken him extreme patience and a lot of love to bring back Maya from the path of revenge that she had been planning against Mrityunjay Roy, his father and the man who destroyed Maya's life. The man was responsible for the deaths of Maya's father and brother and the one who abused Maya physically and mentally so much that she was ready to do everything that it took to destroy Mrityunjay the way he destroyed her. And she had been successful at that as well. Maya didn't attack his business, she attacked his family and she somewhat got what she wanted.

Mrityunjay's lies and Maya's truth broke the Roy family to pieces and Rishi lost his life. His younger brother who used to be his life committed suicide after learning that the woman he had fallen so deeply in love with was just using him for revenge and that it was his father who destroyed an innocent girl's life. It was too hard for him to handle everything. Rudra did blame Maya for this but he blamed Mritynjay more for it was him who had started this butterfly effect. 

Rishi's death affected Maya as well and Rudra avoiding her was only fueling the guilt. She had unknowingly, unwantedly and unintentionally fallen in love with Rudra and the situation was the same in Rudra's case as well. He had finally given a chance at love and fell irrevocably and unconditionally in love with a broken woman. It took him some time but his love for Maya overcame everything else and he couldn't stop himself from contacting her, meeting her and starting afresh.

His love, his care, and a psychiatrist's help were enough to bring out that sweet, innocent and loving Maya off her broken shell. Though she still has nightmares about what happened in the past but she was better than before, a lot better! He stayed beside Maya, walked every step with her that she took towards recovery and the feeling of liberation from the past not only brought happiness to Maya but to Rudra as well.

Though there were objections against their relationship but he went against everyone just to be with Maya. She wasn't just the love of his life, she was his lifeline. He needed her just like he needed air to breathe, his love for her was limitless, Maya was his and he was Maya's. And if he were to lose Maya today, he won't let Mrityunjay live. He would kill that man and that death will be extremely torturous.

Time passed agonizingly slow and after what felt like an eternity, the doctor finally came out of the OT. "Doctor, how is she? Is she okay?" Rudra asked breathlessly. 

"Well, she is certainly out of danger. But the injury to her head was really hard and she did lose a lot of blood so I am afraid that it might have some kind of effect on her brain. We need her to gain conscious for that, only then we would be able to tell what damage this accident has done to her." the doctor informed.

Rudra sighed in relief but still, there was this nagging feeling that had him afraid that something isn't right. Plus the fact that Mrityunjay was still out there, free and alive and has the capability to hurt Maya again had fear settle inside him. He needed to do something and he needed to do it fast. He cannot give Mrityunjay another chance to harm Maya once again. But first, he needed Maya to gain consciousness and be sure that she was okay.

He called his assistant Khanna and asked him to bring for him a clean set of clothes. After changing, he got permission from the doctor if it was okay for him to enter Maya's ward and then only he went inside to sit beside his sleeping beauty. She still looked beautiful in that blue hospital gown but he hated seeing those bandages and scars over her body.

Rudra dragged the little stool close to her bed and softly clutched her hand in his while he used his free hand to caress her face, "I am sorry I couldn't protect you as I promised. But I assure you that this is the last time you have been hurt. There will be no next time."

"You have to wake up soon, hhmm. I don't like seeing you in such a state, it is paining me, Maya. Didn't you say that you won't do anything that would hurt me or cause me pain? Then please wake up because seeing you in this condition is paining me a lot, Maya. Plus you owe me a date and this time you will have to do all the planning and arrangements, hhmm?!" Rudra couldn't control his emotions and let his tears fall freely. Placing a kiss on Maya's forehead he stood up and walked towards the corner of the room.

Wiping his tears, he took out his cell phone and called Aamir. The man who Rudra had thought was loyal to Mrityunjay was in-fact the main guy who was helping Maya by keeping an eye on Mrityunjay and providing her Maya with all the needed information. Aamir had been an employee of Maya's father and was like an elder brother for her. Aamir only pretended to shift sides when Mritynjay had Maya's father and brother killed for business gains; in reality, he had been plotting for Mrityunjay's downfall with Maya all along.

After Maya's truth was exposed, she sent Aamir and his family to a safe place. But Rudra needed help with his plan and only Aamir could do that. "Hello, it's me Rudra."

2 days later

Slowly she tried to open her eyes but had to blink multiple times to adjust her sight to the bright light. Her whole body was aching especially her head. It felt as if football players were stomping over her brain wearing their cleats. She tried to move her hand so as to rub her forehead but it as well felt heavy, as if someone was holding her hand. Raising her head a little she noticed that her hand was being held by a man who though was sitting beside her but his head was lying on her bed and he seemed to be asleep.

She tried to remove her hand from his hold but only got to wake him up. The man stood up in an instant and looked at her with wide eyes, "Maya! Baby, are you feeling alright?" he placed a hand on her cheek and caressed it softly.

"Maya? You feeling okay sweetheart? Are you pain or do you want something? Shall I call the doctor?"

"Who...who are you?" the question stopped and shocked Rudra still. She was asking him as to who he was?!

Rudra smiled but it clearly looked forced, "Are you pranking me? Making fun by faking amnesia? Don't you try to fool me by doing the cliche drama of who am I, where am I and who are you! I am not gonna fall for this."

Maya looked at him with wide eyes, "I am not pranking you. I really don't know you, in-fact you are right, I am not even able to recall my own name. Who am I?"

The look in her eyes had Rudra worried and realize that she indeed wasn't lying so he called the doctor to check her and half an hour later his doubts were confirmed when the doctor said, "I had told you before that the severe injury and blood loss will have some kind of effect and this is what happened. She's suffering from complete memory loss. Her life is now a fresh slate, completely blank."

At first, Rudra felt sad that Maya forgot her memories, their memories but then he realized that this was probably good for them for Maya won't ever remember Mrityunjay, the memories of her horrible past are gone and he can now create new memories for her that will be filled with love and only love.

Approaching Maya was a little difficult but he mustered up the courage, planned a background story and decided to finally talk to her. He told Maya that she grew up in an orphanage along with him and they are childhood lovers. He told her that he was going to propose her for marriage but then the accident happened and she lost her memories.

Maya's reaction to his story melted away Rudra's heart as he finally got a glimpse of that innocent Maya who wasn't tainted by the bad memories of the past. Maybe this memory loss was a blessing plus he had a fun time making up funny stories about her as a little revenge for all that she had made him do since she entered his life. She looked cute when embarrassed. 

After getting her discharged from the hospital, Rudra took her to Aamir's place so that she would be safe there. Though as per Rudra's plan, Aamir had already planted a fake dead body, the dead body of a woman who had a similar physique as Maya and her face was surgically operated to be identical to Maya's. Mrityunjay was of opinion that Maya was dead and that Rudra was mourning her death. But the reality was something else, something Mrityunjay won't have ever imagined.

amazing start.. looking forward to more!

Nice start...Amnesia is a good turn of event in case of Maya..she can start fresh without the shadows of past. I am excited to see the innocent Maya n how Rudra is going to make her fall in love all over again.

Eagerly waiting for the 2nd part.

Thank you. I am glad that you liked it.

Originally posted by GrilledCheese

amazing start.. looking forward to more!

Thank you so much for commenting.

Will post the next shot soon.

Originally posted by Confused-aatma

Nice start...Amnesia is a good turn of event in case of Maya..she can start fresh without the shadows of past. I am excited to see the innocent Maya n how Rudra is going to make her fall in love all over again.

Eagerly waiting for the 2nd part.

That's exactly the reason this amnesia track came into my mind so that Maya could be free of the shadows of her past. The next chapter is going to focus on Mrityunjay's torture and the last shot will be full of Maya & Rudra moments.

I will post the next shot after my last exam, which is like tomorrow.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³

When will u post next part please tell me

Can't wait please tell me