Debate Mansion

why should we even have patriotism

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

The state of the country is pathetic

Rapes , Crimes happening in the open (esp UP where people are getting shot openly.)

Politicians are themselves criminals and protecting the rapists

The Encounter which happened, a good news after a long time and some people bringing up human rights and questioning it. Unbelievable. 

The Unnao victim died today due to her burns, whose rapists got bail and now they burnt her to death

There is poverty, corruption everywhere

Roads and traffic is horrible.. Entire forests are getting erased,, 

garbage is unimaginable..Some states like Kerala are breeding terrorists  and ISIS..

In all these situation, how can anyone expect to have love for this country. Better to leave and seek happiness elsewhere..

No point in trying to clean up or help..

And on top of that we are multiplying like cockroaches. 

What a f*cked up nation.

When I watch these patriotic movies I laugh. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I don't believe in this patriotism b*llsh*t. Blind and crazy patriotism is lethal. It been the cause of countless stupid wars throughout history and has only bought divide between humans.

I don't know about others but I am not proud of my country. Not because my country hasn't had achievements but because I myself haven't done a sh*t to be so effing proud of my country. 

All these propaganda movies with chest thumping nationalism makes me cringe. Instead of being so "proud" of ones country, people should instead grow a sense of reaponsibilty towards it and know to stand for what's right and just. 

GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I think of the good things. 

I love my school, college and university. The people I met there are my best friends. The Opportunity that I have is way more than what my mom had. I can travel to places within and outside India. 

I can avail medical facilities, quite cheap but good quality at aiims.

I have better access to work and transportation with metro and Uber has made my life easier.

Many options for entertainment with netflix/Amazon. 

GumGum thumbnail

Patriotism and religion both. 

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

You need patriotism because u r surrounded by China and Pakistan.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

i love my country coz it gave me a lot of benefits and facilities.

what i hate in my country i have to make it better.

if freedom fighters weren't patriotic and left the country in search of better places, we wouldn't have been independent either.

now regarding population control some states and districts are illiterate baby popping idiots and our government is coward to enforce population control. entire south asia needs it.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Which country is good? 

US - if you will know things it has done.. you will love India

UK - I don't have to say it.

Germany - Vampire sucking blood from other countries

Middle East - less said the better

Israel ~ Unspeakable

Pakistan - let's not go there.

China - horrible 

Japan - Eroding from within

India might not be perfect or maybe its far from it. But it's still better compared to many countries from the list above. 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

As someone who has seen the ills of this country from the closest perspective possible and seen what abject poverty and lack of moral education,unemployment has done to this country and the youth, I have always maintained that India today is nothing to be proud of. We are divided on the basis of religions,cultures, languages and a sort of sense of superiority is showing up these days. We are instigated with calls of patriotism and in the name of the army. We have become a jingoistic war mongering nation, where unemployment is an all time high and our economy is in shatters. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, NO COUNTRY is worthy of being PROUD of where SAFETY of women is NOT A PRIORITY. Any country who treats its women as second class citizens is NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF. What is PATRIOTISM? WHAT IS NATIONALISM? The vile pieces of shit who always sensitize army issues to propagate their agenda and never work for its citizens,let me tell you what an army friend of mine said to be years ago. To quote him :

"We dont put our lives on the line for those politicians,we dont do it because of some unconditional love for the country.. we do it so that every citizen of the country can continue having all their freedoms at all times "

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Documents Show Japan Army Demanded 1 "Comfort Woman" Per 70 Soldiers In Wartime: Report

"Comfort women" is a euphemism for the girls and women - many of them Korean - forced into prostitution at Japanese military brothels.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3041074/japanese-army-demanded-one-comfort-woman-every-70-soldiers

Edited by Zeal17 - 4 years ago