What happened to her feelings for her previous lover?

Posted: 4 years ago

What a lame storyline. She is falling in love with Sarabjit and forgot all about her previous guy. 

So her mom was right after all to marry her to Sarabjit and mom knows all attitude is correct.

Meher is doing so wrong by forgetting her baby daddy and not seeking justice for him and looking to live happily ever after and embracing mom.

She went thru so much to prove Sarabjit is innocent but where did all that energy go for her baby daddy to get justice for him????

Manav is dead, you have to move on i guess?

i don't know....

She's allowed to move on in life. Manav is dead.

What she supposed to do. Cry rest of her life. And easy to say but it is difficult to fight against own mother. 

I started watching only after Mehar got married to Sarbjit. But he is so nice, and their chemistry is so pleasant, that I actually don't care about that first chap. And yes, of course, she should move on with life. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

No doubt her murderous mother ought to get the highest punishment possible ... but for now: just waiting and watching SarbHar's love story unfold ๐Ÿ˜›

I understand she should move on but why with her motherโ€™s choice while lying to Sarabjit about her past and covering her moms murderous ways. That is totally wrong.

They should have stuck with the original storyline where she raises her child and of course if she find love along the way so be it.   In this case mom got her way and meher still lying to Sarabjit about her past. 

She should come clean but she is protecting her mom.  She acts strong but very scared of her mom. 

Would you not expect her to be scared? That women does such heinous things cold bloodedly-Did you not see how she treated Param? However it is high time Meher confesses the truth to Sarab.

I don't think Mehar is either scared of her mother or protecting her. 
No way whatsoever!!

I ascribe her attitude, or silence, if you wish, more to a reluctance to talk about this so recent past that has been so dramatic and traumatic for her.
If something like that would happen to you - seeing your loved one murdered by your own mother - would that not make such an impression on you that it will take ages to get smoothened?? 

Besides, her new relationship with Sarab is of such a confusing nature - irritation, niceness, awe, respect, uncertainty... lots of mixed emotions. Try and align that with what happened to her so recently - and one can see that it will take (quite?) some more time for her to come out with it.

Moreover, this would end the serial too soon! ๐Ÿ˜† 

Originally posted by Punjeebawali2

She's allowed to move on in life. Manav is dead.

She has to grow up his nishani too...she need some future and help growing her..as well

Absolutely agree with this. Manav didn't die a natural death, even that takes time to move on if one is really in love. Here, he was murdered by her mom in front of her eyes. Reminds me of those silly movies 'wo 7 din' and 'hum dil de chuke sanam' where the girl quickly forgets her lover just bcoz she gets married to someone else. Proves her love was not real.

But maybe it's easy to 'move on' and live a life of luxury in a rich family. Having said that, Meher doesn't go hugging her mother and keeps throwing side glances but for me that's not enough.

There were episodes where I saw Sarab notice this but now it seems, Kulwant/ Yuvi tracks are just meant for comic relief. Or maybe, it is like toofan se pehle ki shanti and either Sarab will find out or Meher will blurt it out.

Maybe I've missed something, but I don't understand why Meher wants to protect her mother! Seems like lazy writers preparing ground for a track where Sarab will blame Meher for not telling him the whole truth and getting Kulwant too close in his affairs.