Ep 5: Samajhdar wo hai jo samajh jaye ki karm hi phal hai

Posted: 4 years ago

Every episode speaks of something new - just like the chapters of the Gita. You get to learn something new every day. And these chapters are a part of Maya's Mahabharat. So here it goes!

Rudra and Rishi - So from what I gather, Rishi's perception of love is very shallow compared to that of his brother. He does not understand the depth of what Rudra meant when he says "Jis pyaar ko kharidna pade waisa pyaar kyun karna" Judging from flashbacks, it appears Rudra did love someone at a point in time, and the girl in question may have betrayed him, and probably Mrityunjay was responsible for the same. It could be that he might have had a pen-friend kind of relationship with Maya. Hence he probably knows her already but has never seen her. You see email friends. And Mrityunjay probably got into the scheme of things and ruined Maya and Rudra's beliefs. Hence, he avoids love and his father altogether. Maybe my brain is on overdrive. But just a thought. It might also imply that Rudra is probably unaware of Maya and his father's equation. Another point to note is another similarity between Rudra and Maya - backstabbed by their lovers. But what is adorable is the bro-chara of the boys. Simply heart-warming.

Rudra and Maya - Maya and her games. Her first test is testing Rudra's business skills. Whether he is capable to sell her name or not. And Rudra manages that well. Arre DNA me hi business hai boss. But Maya's aim is more than that. She wants to put the Roys' reputation in jeopardy. That name is of no use to Rudra but for Mrityunjay it is his brand. A name that one looks up to and aspires to be. Maya is severing Rudra from his bondage as a Roy. Ek taraf Roy ka naam keechad me ja raha hai, aur waha se kamal ki tarah Rudra khil ke bahar aayega. Maya successfully put down the title of Roy and gave Rudra his self-confidence in return. That was Rudra's karma and phal as well as Mrityunjay's.

Rishi and Mrityunjay - Rishi's lies and Mrityunjay's worry - well another success to Maya. Rishi is now getting desperate, with Maya supposedly ghosting him - which has put him on the edge. And that is what will happen in the next 3 days. Maya's maya, only she knows, but what I felt is Maya's 3 days is not a challenge for just Rudra, but also Rishi's. Maya will test Rudra and Rishi's junoon for Maya. Just like she said, "Maya ko paana hai to Maya ko paane ka junoon dikhao."  And what is this hone-wali bahu that he sings all the time? Dude, college se tu pass nahi hua ab tak, life me kuch kiya nahi, bracelet bhi baap ke paise par kharid raha hai and he wants to bring a bahu in the house. How childish can someone be? Mrityunjay can sense that his son is lying to him for someone. And he does not like that at all. His need to control lives resurfaces, as he wants to know who this person is. Now Rishi's karma will decide the phal Mrityunjay will get.

Ananya, the loyal friend - This girl always gives me a reason to celebrate her. She is so different from all the girl besties I have seen. Today she drew the line between her friendship for Rudra and affection for Mrityunjay. Mrityunjay to remain the good daddy did not cross that line. But Ananya did assure him that "Main Rudra ko kabhi bhi galat raaste par jaane nahi dungi".

Death Symbolism - This is one symbolism that has been extensively used in the show. But mostly I guess viewers will think that death is really dying or killing or murder kind of death. But I feel just because, someone speaks so much of tragedy and death, does not necessarily mean that they will die. Death also means liberation. It can also mean that everyone will be liberated from something that they hold onto which is not good for them. Maya may be liberated of pain, Rudra from his cage, Rishi from the lies, Antara from her weakness, so on, so forth. And it is worth noting that Rudra and Mrityunjay - both bear the names of aspects of Shiva - who are the destroyer of time or death. So, I will just say as long as no one is dying in the show, I will take the death symbols as signs that it won't be the death of characters, but death of all things evil and unjust. Because Maya is here to vanquish all those who were responsible for the injustice with her - she is as Antara said in 1st episode - "Rishi ki jaan jisne bachayi  woh to hamare liye Durga ma ka dusra roop hai"

Location Symbolism - Another symbolism I always find is the location symbolism. It can be every location has some link to Maya's past. Hence, she is writing the story going back to these locations - whether its Maya's mud bath, the beach, the fish market and so on so forth. I may be wrong.

Good Episode. The plot is crisp and firm till now. They have fiercely kept all secrets under the wrap. Great going. Now, all we do is wait for next week.

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago

The show is a masterpiece way better than part 1 really intrigued.. Loved reading ur post 

Hey! Brilliant post :)

I think, and I’m going to be fanciful here, that on the first day itself, Maya and Rudra are swept by the wit and challenge they throw at each other. 

Ananya and Rishi were so desperately trying to contact them and they were out there in a world removed from the place he belongs, where Rudra was proving his mettle and she had unwittingly began to admire his ability to let go of the Roy in him and actually excel in his task. 

Originally posted by itsRitzi

The show is a masterpiece way better than part 1 really intrigued.. Loved reading ur post 

Yes, it is very refreshing to see 2 strong and clever characters like Maya and Mrityunjay. It has began with Maya being the darkness and Mrityunjay being in the light. But soon these roles will reverse. Because in Maya's case from immense darkness, light is born, and in Mrityunjay's case the light has just hidden the darkness within him.

Originally posted by Gurmeet4Drashti

Hey! Brilliant post :)

I think, and I’m going to be fanciful here, that on the first day itself, Maya and Rudra are swept by the wit and challenge they throw at each other. 

Ananya and Rishi were so desperately trying to contact them and they were out there in a world removed from the place he belongs, where Rudra was proving his mettle and she had unwittingly begun to admire his ability to let go of the Roy in him and actually excel in his task. 

Thanks, @Gurmeet4Drashti😊

This mutual attraction they sense for each other - sometimes in the form of a challenge, sometimes in the form of pain, sometimes in the form of a war of words is what will draw them together. When Maya's truth will be out in the open - for some time he may misunderstand her - but I believe that he will fight her battle alongside her.

Ananya and Rishi contact hi karte reh jayenge, aur dono ka kuch aur hi scene ban jayega😉

Originally posted by libran90

Yes, it is very refreshing to see 2 strong and clever characters like Maya and Mrityunjay. It has began with Maya being the darkness and Mrityunjay being in the light. But soon these roles will reverse. Because in Maya's case from immense darkness, light is born, and in Mrityunjay's case the light has just hidden the darkness within him.

Wow thats a grt analogy... The best part here is both MJ n maya are grt master players calculative cold it would be interesting to see their dynamics like a chess 

Originally posted by itsRitzi

Wow thats a grt analogy... The best part here is both MJ n maya are grt master players calculative cold it would be interesting to see their dynamics like a chess 

Yes, Mrityunjay is a master player. To beat him at his game, Maya too has to be like him. And hence it is important to embrace the darkness to understand the darkness that resides deep inside Mrityunjay, which can only come out when his sons - who are his soft spots are targetted.

Originally posted by libran90

Thanks, @Gurmeet4Drashti😊

This mutual attraction they sense for each other - sometimes in the form of a challenge, sometimes in the form of pain, sometimes in the form of a war of words is what will draw them together. When Maya's truth will be out in the open - for some time he may misunderstand her - but I believe that he will fight her battle alongside her.

Ananya and Rishi contact hi karte reh jayenge, aur dono ka kuch aur hi scene ban jayega😉

You’re welcome. I’m Nida! :) 

The way Rudra interpreted the challenge and twisted it around to make it an even field, as before that, it seemed glaringly obvious that Maya had an upper hand but Rudra held his ground and Maya had to give him credit. In the process they have started to respect each other.. albeit unknowingly and begrudgingly.

I think his reaction to her truth could totally depend on her backstory. If it’s just an affair revenge saga, they’d  need helluva convincing scenes wherein he’d actually fall for her to forgive her later on as he seems to loathe his father... that’s why I’m really hoping that MJ and Maya weren’t romantically involved. 

Hain na! They would be able to completely “ghost” Ananya and Rishi because they were busy with work 😉

Great analysis. Like reading your posts.

Rudra & Rishi is like Sky & Sea. Rudra thinks about the inner whereas Rishi on the outer.

MJ is just a controlling person with cunning mind. What he wants he gets it by hook or crook.

Ananya is breaking the cliche where she's only there to irritate.

I liked how you symbolize the death. I really wish that's the real meaning.

Originally posted by Gurmeet4Drashti

You’re welcome. I’m Nida! :) 

The way Rudra interpreted the challenge and twisted it around to make it an even field, as before that, it seemed glaringly obvious that Maya had an upper hand but Rudra held his ground and Maya had to give him credit. In the process they have started to respect each other.. albeit unknowingly and begrudgingly.

I think his reaction to her truth could totally depend on her backstory. If it’s just an affair revenge saga, they’d  need helluva convincing scenes wherein he’d actually fall for her to forgive her later on as he seems to loathe his father... that’s why I’m really hoping that MJ and Maya weren’t romantically involved. 

Hain na! They would be able to completely “ghost” Ananya and Rishi because they were busy with work 😉

Hi Nida, I am Sohini.

Yes, they will start respecting each other, whether they like it or not.

Agree to that, if Mrityunjay and Maya were involved, that have to concretely establish that affair as a game plan of his, where Maya got trapped and it led to the destruction of her family.

They could 'ghost' others all they want. I just want a proper love angle that does not meet a tragic end like S1.