Ever seen a movie you liked the script but thought the cast was bad?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

I am asking because (duhh..everybody probably knows already) I feel Ashutosh Gowariker might face this problemin Panipat: not sure yet how good the script is or how the scenes (fight or drama) will be, but I already know I will skip past Arjun's part...because -no matter how hard they try to sell me the 'actor'-I cannot think of him besides being dull, wooden, unsuitable..not charismatic like the warrior and leader he's supposed to be.

Again, sorry about opening this  and I would urge you to try not attack each other's faves but try discuss  about a genuine feeling when  watching a movie:

Did you ever see a movie, liked the idea/concept/script and thought: ''hmm..I think the movie failed because of x, y, z.. and if other actor would have taken their place..this movie might have gotten a chance''?

Or did you ever think a movie was pretty bad and  it became a winner just because one or two good performances?

Sonam in Ranjhaana was a  torture...anyone a bit better would have lifted the film so much...Dhanush was so good ...script also so good...so the film sailed...but the film deserved to make way more money ...

Dear Zindagi. I think instead of Alia, if they had an older actress.

Asoka

Srk and Kareena were just wrong choices. 

Dude Almost all of Imtiaz Ali’s movies, he gets the casting so wrong,,,

Deepika was a bad choice for love aaj kal 

That fakri girl ruined rockstar for me 

And don’t even get me started on Harry met sejal

Katrina in Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

The movie was kinda good. Shah did a good job, anu was also ok but kat ruined it for me. She was so bland in the movie and the chemistry btw them sucked. 

Sonam's only great performance. She was competent enough in the role, so I don't really have a complaint with her in that movie. 

However, if any other top star was in it: Anushka, Deepika, Kangana, Alia, Vidya it would've been an even greater performance for sure.

Come to think of it, a lot of Sonam and Katrina's films are popping to mind. Very few exceptions.

I liked zoya Factor as a story. The novel was good and movie was good romcom but it could have been more good if someone else played Zoya's role . Sonam overdid herself and her acting was terrible. Dulquer was so good in his scenes , I had to tolerate sonam because of Dulquer 

Highway. They could cast radhika apte or someone else instead of Alia.