Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Was Alia Better In Gully Boy Than Ranveer?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

I feel like her performance is more memorable and had more of an edge. her character had dimensions. and we saw a variety of emotions/layers in a short-screen time character - the bindas thing, the possessive gf, the med student, the daughter begging to get educated, - we saw her toxic side when she attacks Kalki. Its such a layered character and underrated! 

Almost a year later i feel like I remember her more in the movie than Ranveer. I love me some Veer, but he wasnt that good in this movie, he didnt look hot. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

no, I preferred Murad. Her character was violent

Maroonporsche thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: priya185

no, I preferred Murad. Her character was violent

Yes that bottle incident really soured me on her character 🤗

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

She is BW’s answer to Meryl Streep so she is better than everyone she works with. 

She was better than Varun, Srk, Ranveer, Randeep and she will be better than RK, Amitabh and Ajay. 

I mean we are lucky to have her in BW. What would BW be without Alia?  “Better” 😂

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

They were both outstanding. But for me of course Safina is the most memorable thing about the film. Alia was 100% kick-ass in it. Zoya is so good, and improving, looking forward to her next project. Would love her to centre a female in her story for once!

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

She is BW’s answer to Meryl Streep so she is better than everyone she works with. 

She was better than Varun, Srk, Ranveer, Randeep and she will be better than RK, Amitabh and Ajay. 

I mean we are lucky to have her in BW. What would BW be without Alia?  “Better” 😂

I mean what can I say! I think it’s a fact that she overshadowed all these people. That’s why no one remembers Varun or SrK in the films she did with them but everyone remembers her. Same with Vicky, Ricky, etc 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

better or not, Saafena was more impactful on the audience. Our audience likes on the face characters like Safeena more than nuanced performances like Murad, hence you can see how much popular Safeena's style and dialogues became.

This is not a slight on Ranveer, he did an excellent job, and technically had a more difficult role, given he had to show more while doing little. But Alia's character grabbed more attention. Because her character was massy.

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

No. Alia's role was writtten more 'in your face'. But after several views, many people that loved her say as me- her Role is good , her Acting - not so much. (beside flaring nostril ).

Ranveer gave a very restrained and  fine performance , something Alia couldn't even start to dream of  doing yet.

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Well, she screamed and whined in the movie like she does in interviews.

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Characters with better comic punches , catchy lines and those who bring drama onscreen will always catch more attention than the under dog characters ...it has nothing to do with acting...Mc Sher and Safeena looked more interesting onscreen coz of the writing ...Zoya I felt couldn't write Murad well...also its tough to write such characters ...