Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

If this is true then its deplorablešŸ¤¢. Mr Bachchan, How about someone cutting your male thing off, if its inevitable then you lie back and enjoy it.

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Yes context matters, especially when it was said 30 fcuking years ago. What he said, by today's standards sounds offensive and insensitive, but 30 years ago, the usage of many words were not limited, the word "rape" was regularly used in many different contexts during those times, forgot those times even till last five six years ago, people were not serious about what they said and how they used the words.

Again the fact, you're saying that I said this to sound cool by going against feminists, just shows how much you have limited your perception about people. This isn't about me going against feminists. If I was so much against feminists, I would have defended Salman when he said the rape reference during Sultan promotions, using the context arguments, but I didn't because by today's standards and awareness, we have been told to not casually use the word rape, and if we do, it is offensive.

But how can we bring up something said by someone 30 years ago, when the vocabulary was different, people used to use words many words which are considered sensitive today in different contexts, and than say things like "he is promoting rape", that is ridiculous.

And it isn't about in your face, it is about when. If AB Sr or anyone said that phrase today, I would have criticized that person, as anyone, because we have been told to not use the word casually, and I respect that. But I will not support this digging up the graves to cry foul. That is just gucking stupid, and I will call it as it is.

I didn't say he was promoting rape. I said he's crude and insensitive. And just because it was a well known phrase doesn't mean every person was using it. Also, the tweet mentioned his statement created a furore back then, so maybe it wasn't as normalised as you're assuming it to be. We think people were not politically correct back then but I think they were, to whatever level was appropriate then. 

Also, you are the one who keeps talking about how extreme some feminists are etc and that's why I said you're trying to be cool merely by opposing them. 

It's not about if he said it today or said it then, it's that he said it at all. There are decent people in the world who don't use scandalous phrases like the one he did just because. And I think people should get to know that he is one of those who would use a phrase like that if it were okayed by the society. Not as noble, decent or principled a man as he would like to be known as. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: astha36

I didn't say he was promoting rape. I said he's crude and insensitive. And just because it was a well known phrase doesn't mean every person was using it. Also, the tweet mentioned his statement created a furore back then, so maybe it wasn't as normalised as you're assuming it to be. We think people were not politically correct back then but I think they were, to whatever level was appropriate then. 

Also, you are the one who keeps talking about how extreme some feminists are etc and that's why I said you're trying to be cool merely by opposing them. 

It's not about if he said it today or said it then, it's that he said it at all. There are decent people in the world who don't use scandalous phrases like the one he did just because. And I think people should get to know that he is one of those who would use a phrase like that if it were okayed by the society. Not as noble, decent or principled a man as he would like to be known as. 

I didn't said you said it, it was said by one of the poster(who is a boy btw) in the first page, hence the used the word "people". You quoted me, I didn't quoted you and said you feeling disgusted by it, is wrong.

The statement didn't create any outrage back than, that statement it created outrage in the tweet it created outrage isn't true firstly. Because at that time there were no platform to cause outrage.

It was not an era of social media or internet to cause outrage. And there is no reports about that. Where would people go to express their outrage, if there were people would be fully aware of it. And yes political correctness wasn't widespread for a long time, or else we could have seen huge cry during 3 Idiots, which we didn't.

Also, calling out feminist's extremism, isn't trying to be cool, it is just calling out their extremism. And to whom will I try to show I am cool, when the forum is filled with women majority. I don't go around trying to counter every feminist argument to be cool, when I don't agree with their assessment, I counter, it isn't me vs feminist, it is just me not agreeing with some points, and arguing against them. If I was so against feminists, I wouldn't be agreeing with many things said by feminists(or they assume they are) of the forum.

Also in this thread, it wasn't a feminist who said "AB Sr promoted rape", it was a boy poster, who has made quite misogynistic posts about Madhuri and whenever he has to defend Akki, so it definitely isn't about me vs feminists.

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: RegressiveThug

I didn't said you said it, it was said by one of the poster(who is a boy btw) in the first page, hence the used the word "people". You quoted me, I didn't quoted you and said you feeling disgusted by it, is wrong.

The statement didn't create any outrage back than, that statement it created outrage in the tweet it created outrage isn't true firstly. Because at that time there were no platform to cause outrage.

It was not an era of social media or internet to cause outrage. And there is no reports about that. Where would people go to express their outrage, if there were people would be fully aware of it. And yes political correctness wasn't widespread for a long time, or else we could have seen huge cry during 3 Idiots, which we didn't.

Also, calling out feminist's extremism, isn't trying to be cool, it is just calling out their extremism. And to whom will I try to show I am cool, when the forum is filled with women majority. I don't go around trying to counter every feminist argument to be cool, when I don't agree with their assessment, I counter, it isn't me vs feminist, it is just me not agreeing with some points, and arguing against them. If I was so against feminists, I wouldn't be agreeing with many things said by feminists(or they assume they are) of the forum.

Also in this thread, it wasn't a feminist who said "AB Sr promoted rape", it was a boy poster, who has made quite misogynistic posts about Madhuri and whenever he has to defend Akki, so it definitely isn't about me vs feminists.

I think people have always been able to show their outrage. Not as conveniently as on social media now but maybe like other articles or whatever way there was to show public opinion. So, it's possible that his statement wasn't taken well, at least by the intellectuals back then. But then, I am not sure of the authenticity of that tweet so dunno.

Okay so you're not saying stuff to be cool, it's your genuine opinion. Got it. My bad.