Jaya bachchan says Hyderabad rape accused should be lynched.

Posted: 4 years ago

Please resign. Let a saner one take her place

Guddi has lost it. She should be thrown out of Parliament

Originally posted by ~*sindhu*~

Accused innocent hua toh?

Of course not talking about innocent cases..proof is important...but kisine to kiya hain if not the captured one !!!!

I completely agree with her. With the increasing number of rape cases, it is obvious that imprisonment is not an apt punishment. These criminals should be punished in such a way that the potential criminals should be petrified of the punishment. 

Originally posted by Her-mion-e

Of course not talking about innocent cases..proof is important...but kisine to kiya hain if not the captured one !!!!

I faintly remember somewhere in this country once people dragged an accused from the jail and lynched him. I don't know if he died or if he was proven guilty ever. Such statements only encourage such acts and I find it very irresponsible of her to suggest something like this when the emotions are high already.Mob lynchings should be declared illegal whereas lawmakers keeps encouraging it. Unless a court decides the accused is guilty nobody is guilty of anything. The irrational mob is too blind in emotions to be the judge here. Already too many mob lynchings have taken place where innocent people have died for no reason. 

She says people who haven't done their job properly should also be lynched.... Which is not right, what if the person was bound by higher ups, as it is in most cases....

Also what if the person nabbed is innocent...

The other day i read about this Jerome guy who was framed into a rape and murder case by the victims fiance, his only fault was that the victim was cheating her fiance with him and they got intimate the night before she was murdered... Chances are that the fiance himself killed her to revenge the cheating.... This guy is on a death row for atleast 20 years now.... Still saying that he didn't kill her.... Poor guy lost his youthful years behind bars for a crime he probably didn't commit...

Edited to add: the above case happened in USA

Yes, we need strict rules so people think 10 times before raping someone, but god forbid what if we punish an innocent by mistake...

Edited by anjs - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Her-mion-e

In India we have had cases where police framed innocent folks for promotions or due to pressure to nab culprits (to save their ass and come across as effective). In such cases it is usually the extremely poor people who are picked up, as they cant really defend themselves. Also nobody listens to them.

Media also promptly publishes their photos, contact details, address etc and starts painting them as villains. Everyone wants to lynch them without any doubt they might be innocent. Any denials are either ignored or scoffed upon. Proof is either planted or 3rd degree (i.e. torture - very common in India) induced confessions are submitted.

Aise mein draconian laws laaye, I expect a lot of abuse by police. Anyone who has interacted with Indian police in criminal cases - I have - might get a hang of what I am talking about.

And yes, lots of cops would be promoted or hailed as heroes for ‘nabbing’ the criminals. Who cares whether innocent or not?

Edited by tapori - 4 years ago

Originally posted by tapori

In India we have had cases where police framed innocent folks for promotions or due to pressure to nab culprits (to save their ass and come across as effective). In such cases it is usually the extremely poor people who are picked up, as they cant really defend themselves. Also nobody listens to them.

Media also promptly publishes their photos, contact details, address etc and starts painting them as villains. Everyone wants to lynch them without any doubt they might be innocent. Any denials are either ignored or scoffed upon. Proof is either planted or 3rd degree (i.e. torture - very common in India) induced confessions are submitted.

Aise mein draconian laws laaye, I expect a lot of abuse by police. Anyone who has interacted with Indian police in criminal cases - I have - might get a hang of what I am talking about.

And yes, lots of cops would be promoted or hailed as heroes for ‘nabbing’ the criminals. Who cares whether innocent or not?

You have a point. And I dont deny the possibility.. Its a tricky situation where heart and brain disagree with each other🙄