Sanya Malhotra’s performance in Pataakha - one of the best!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

I saw Pataakha just last week on Amazon and I genuinely ended up loving it so much. Sure, it could’ve been cut by 15-20 minutes but it still had very organic content. It was so rooted and genuinely funny. No slapstick humour but actual relatable & situational humour. It’s such a shame the movie went unnoticed even at the awards. I know Radhika received couple of best new female awards but she should’ve won them all. How did Filmfare nominate her in Best Actress Critics but then not give her the best debut award? Well, I know the answer but it’s still stupid.

But more than her, I found Sanya acting like a real seasoned actress. That was one of the best and most effortless performances I’ve seen by an actress in a long time. I just cannot believe she didn’t even get nominated for Chutki/Genda. She was so believable. She had the perfect comic timing, she didn’t go OTT even once even though her character was completely eccentric. Then there are some female superstars who get awards for their monotonous crying skills 🤡 

I would rate Sanya’s performance along with Neena Gupta, Rani, Tabu’s performances last year. Shame the stars took most of the awards :)