Beyhadh 2 Episode Discussion Thread #1 - Page 4

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by HeartQuake

Also, I'm just loving Maya's wardrobe. Each dress she's worn so far is elegant , classy and sensuous. Perfect for such a femme fatale character. 

As Jennifer says, Maya ke kapde sirf Maya ke paas hai!πŸ˜…

The set designers and Costume designers are really amazing, even if the other departments failed, the costume designer still has a father in their hat!πŸ‘

This is quite a bold show from Indian standard and so far I'm hooked. There isn't any suspense . We all know why Maya is  doing what she's doing and we all know who's her real target . They made it quite obvious from the beginning itself . But the execution , from direction to camera work to sets to bg score to dialogs and acting of the main casts- all top notch I must say. So far so good. 

Asli khiladi abhi amne samne nehi aye.. But I hope they build the thrill of the chase and tempo some more before bringing the titans - MJ and MJ face to face. 

MJ is too smart to not figure it out on his own. I hope they won't dumb him down to show Maya omniscient and all powerful. Power balance is intricate in such a show. Earlier season they dumbed down every one around Maya for a while and it made the fun out of the show. From Maya's own words , " Game humesha apne level ke khiladi ke sath khelni chahiye ... agar khiladi tumse kamjor ho, to jitne ka maaja nehi aata." So true !

I think when MJ was having an affair with Maya , she was the white angelic sweet girl, naive , vulnerable and open to manipulation. She fell for his obvious charm and aura and a love that was all consuming. I think MJ didn't tell her about his marital status ( probably called himself single or divorcee ) or may be he cooked up a story of unhappy marriage and promised divorce from his wife and marry Maya . She must've believed. I wouldn't be surprized if they throw a pregnancy angle in the mix and her losing the child. 

All these because , no normal or ever remotely sane person goes after a man's entire family , who are completely innocents , and avow to destroy them just because the man spurned or dumped her. It'd make no sense. The hurt and betrayal have to be about more. More loss. More exploitation . Equally more devastating heartbreak. It made her throw away her angelic avatar and embrace the darkness to become the angel of death and destruction , for what she needs , both justice and vengeance. 

The employee who's trusted by MJ , I think his name is Amir , and whom he considers some one like a younger brother is the one helping out Maya. He knows the entire story about their affair and knows firsthand , how much Maya has been wronged , how her revenge is justified. He's giving her all the intel. 

One thing that goes in Maya's favor is that when she was with MJ she was too sweet and innocent . Therefore MJ couldn't even imagine that she's capable of all these elaborate plan and games. Or else by now, he should've figured it all out just by the information that it's a woman that's behind both of his sons.

And MJ is not extra possessive or over protective . He's just extra cautious , because he's aware that he's done a lot of wrongs to a lot of people in his life and it's likely one of his victims or more might some day rise from the ashes and target his most precious and loved people in the world- his two sons. So that fear gnaws at the edge of his consciousness and drives him overprotective.

Rudra knew about his father's affair and that's why he's mad with his father and he's disappointed with mother that she didn't leave him. But RR doesn't know who the girl exactly is , how she looks , therefore he doesn't know it was Maya only. Likely, MJ"s mother and wife also knows about his dwindling ways and that's why his mother mocks him at times. 

The bracelet was a gift from Maya that was likely handed out from MJ to his wife and from his wife to Rudra or else Rudra won't be wearing it. 

Jennifer is nailing it as Maya and she's looking absolutely stunning . 

Amazingly pennedπŸ‘

@HeartQuake

You reviewed very well. Completely agree with you.

Yeah, it's can't be just a break-up but a big thing which compelled her going in that revenge mode.

Most probably that's the reason of Rudra-MJ animosity.

BTW can anyone confirm if it was MJ in the portrait. It didn't look like him.

Originally posted by MusicOfTheHeart

@HeartQuake

Yeah, it's can't be just a break-up but a big thing which compelled her going in that revenge mode.

Thank you so much.

Yup, it was him only. Minus the beard . 

It's not just animosity , it's hostility and hurt of a son on behalf of his mother . 

Edited by HeartQuake - 4 years ago

Hey guys. I am loving Jen. The set up of the show is very intriguing. 

A few other things .

I'm guessing that Maya either had another name , real name or at least MJ knew her by another name. Because - since she's supposed to be quite a renowned author , wouldn't it be really easy for MJ to find her out otherwise. Lots of authors write under another name.

MJ gifted Rudra's friend a rare first edition copy of David Copperfield . He has literary interest and taste both. Maybe that's how they first met , through some literary assembly or author's meet. 

In the rich and high society families affairs are very common. The fact that Rudra has an unforgiving attitude towards it gives me hope that he may actually have a moral core. A conscience. So when he'll come to know that Maya was the woman who almost destroyed his parent's marriage and whom he must've hated for a long time for coming in between his mother's happiness , he'll be all gun stocked and loaded and locked against her but after he gets to know the full picture, her innocence , the fact that she'd been duped by his father , he'll support and stand by Maya , may even aid her. 

Originally posted by MusicOfTheHeart

@HeartQuake

@bold, the guy in the picture looks like Rishi with a hair cut similar to a bowl cut πŸ˜†

Originally posted by _._shibani_._

As Jennifer says, Maya ke kapde sirf Maya ke paas hai!πŸ˜…

The set designers and Costume designers are really amazing, even if the other departments failed, the costume designer still has a father in their hat!πŸ‘

Even in S1 , she had great wardrobe. Especially the western clothes. 

It presents such a refreshing change from the saree bindi anarkali wearing soap bahus. 

A few other things .

I'm guessing that Maya either had another name , real name or at least MJ knew her by another name. Because - since she's supposed to be quite a renowned author , wouldn't it be really easy for MJ to find her out otherwise. Lots of authors write under another name.

MJ gifted Rudra's friend a rare first edition copy of David Copperfield . He has literary interest and taste both. Maybe that's how they first met , through some literary assembly or author's meet. 

In the rich and high society families affairs are very common. The fact that Rudra has an unforgiving attitude towards it gives me hope that he may actually have a moral core. A conscience. So when he'll come to know that Maya was the woman who almost destroyed his parent's marriage and whom he must've hated for a long time for coming in between his mother's happiness , he'll be all gun stocked and loaded and locked against her but after he gets to know the full picture, her innocence , the fact that she'd been duped by his father , he'll support and stand by Maya , may even aid her. 

@bold, my thoughts exactlyπŸ˜†

Maybe she was a small writer/ or even his assistant or his employee when they were together(even thought Maya herself was rich, she chose to do the work) and when things went south, she changed her name to match his initials and started writing.

Also, she refers to the main lead as Maya in her book, why reveal the plot of your life as your book if you are going to publish it? So i think she just uses the name Maya in her books as well.