Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Re-posting here....

I found a nice review for season 2: 

Broken but Beautiful Season 2 review: Harleen Sethi, Vikrant Massey make love messier — and even more intriguing

Karishma Upadhyay

Dec 03, 2019 11:14:37 IST

Language: Hindi 

A long time ago, Phil Collins’ mama supposedly told him, “You can't hurry love, you'll just have to wait” . As clichéd as it sounds, truer words could not have been spoken, or sung.

Broken but Beautiful Season 2 review: Harleen Sethi, Vikrant Massey make love messier — and even more intriguing

A still from Broken but Beautiful Season 2. YouTube

At times though, it takes two people a long time to accept what is staring them in the face. There are circumstances, there is bad timing, and sometimes, it is just a matter of listening to your head over your heart, something we are all guilty of most of the time. These are tropes that have been exploited by the romance genre for eons, be it films or books. What then, sets one romantic story apart from another? It has to be a personal connection for the reader or viewer, with the story being told.

When Broken but Beautiful surfaced a year ago, we were introduced to two broken people helping each other heal. The characters were messy and flawed but one shipped them anyway. They were two people with sizzling chemistry, who are meant to be together but life always gets in the way. The much-awaited sophomore season of the show has more of the same but with enough twists and turns to keep you cursing Sameera and Veer. And the minute you find yourself going, “What the hell is wrong with these people,” you know you are hooked.

This season opens to Sameera (Harleen Sethi) and Veer (Vikrant Massey) 625 days after we last saw them. He has moved to Bengaluru to get a fresh start, learning to make wine. And surprise, surprise... he has also found love with Debbie (Anuja Boma Joshi), a sommelier and his business partner. 

Sameera, in the meantime, seems to have finally gotten over her toxic obsession with her ex (Jitin Gulati). She has red highlights in her hair, a new therapist (Mukul Chadda), and an even newer outlook to dating and relationships. She gets reunited with an old school friend Ahaan aka Mushroom (Gaurav Arora), who is besotted by her. 

As the season progresses, it almost seems like Sameera and Veer have exchanged personalities in the time they have been apart. He does not understand moderation, and loves too much. Debbie feels smothered in their relationship but Veer is so perfect in every other way she does not say anything to him. At the other end of the spectrum is Sameera who is seemingly afraid to fall in love again, and is overly cautious about letting anyone into her life. When she gets a whiff of things getting serious with Ahaan, her instinctive reaction is to bolt. Ahaan has his work cut out for him. 

Just as you think that our almost-a-couple has moved on from each other, fate (and some good writing by Reshu Nath) brings Veer and Sameera back together. Sparks fly when they are together in the same room but there is no ignoring the fact that they are now in relationships with other people. And once again, you are left wondering, ‘Will they or won’t they?”

The storytelling is contemporary with buzzwords like ghosting, self-love, and me-time thrown in for good measure. The characters have ‘cool’ jobs, like event planning, pub-running, and wine making. What makes the show relatable, though, is how it handles messy relationships between people, and even messier situations. It takes almost getting married, mixing alcohol with anti-histamines, and a phantom pregnancy, for one half of this star-crossed couple to realise what they have is love but it might be too late.

Vikrant expectedly delivers a powerful performance, but it is Harleen’s performance that really catches one’s eye during this season. She has grown as an actor, and delivers a great rendition of a woman struggling to come to terms with what she thinks are toxic levels of attraction. Gaurav and Anuja are great additions to the show while the rest of the support cast is impressive. The other thing that gives this show uniqueness is its original music. Soulful and contemporary, songs like 'Boureya' and 'O Saajna' have no shelf life, and a certain timeless quality about them. 

Broken but Beautiful is a great example of why streaming content is forcing its way onto more screens as people break away from the jaded television fare they have been subjected to over the past three decades. 

Broken but Beautiful Season 2 is produced by Sarita Tanwar, and directed by Harsh Dedhia. It is now streaming on ALTBalaji and ZEE5.

Rating: ***

https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/broken-but-beautiful-season-2-review-harleen-sethi-vikrant-massey-make-love-messier-and-even-more-intriguing-7726161.html

soapsuds thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

We are finally here! A new one :)

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Posting from  last CC

This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

Exactly....she basically hid behind Ahaan...he was initially an escape, then she grew comfortable with his companionship but she was never invested in him with her true self....that Sam she had locked away. She is generally a caring person and he's an old friend that she obviously cared for but it was never really more than the love for a friend....that's how she treated him....but he was so blind in love, he was happy with even the scraps of affection he was getting from her. 

Basically he was in the same spot as Sam was when she was with Kartik....so desperately in love that all self respect is gone as long as you get some little affection from the one you love.....and she only realized this later.....even then, her way of tackling it was again wrong.....instead of honesty, she chose more lies to try to spare Ahaan short term pain....not realizing how much of a long term mess she was creating. 

Isiliye toh Broken hai bhaismiley36.....show ka title bhi toh justify karna thasmiley36

Ahaan was a sweetheart for sure.....Debbie toh was mostly about ego....she liked Veer but she wasn't really honest with him about many things....and ultimately instead of admitting to her own issues with him, she twisted the whole thing into painting herself as a victim of his cheating....ego issue ho gaya na....ki how could any guy cheat on HER....lol she couldn't really tolerate the fact that Veer loved the mystery girl enough to protect her after everything.....Debbie ka ego was hurt more than any real love for Veer.  I liked her in some scenes but her overall super bitchy attitude was quite grating by the end.....

Waise if they do a season 3, how much do you want to bet they will get Ahaan and Debbie together? smiley36

Aur abhi toh woh P and Debbie ke bhai ki so called love story bhi pending haismiley36bas ab wohi dekhna reh gaya hai but ypu are right they have 2 more "broken" pairs only that they are kind of going to be forced but yeh balaji ki duniya hai yahab sab chalta hai and don't forget karthik bhi toh broken hai ab😆 With his trophy GF running away with that P ka stalker🤪

LOL IF won't let me type her namesmiley37

AreYaar thumbnail

Ok, finally managed to make a batch from the beach scene 😆.....man, it takes long to gif this with the cropping and all....phew....lol I guess I'll slowly work my way through the scenes.

Btw I loved Veer's expressions when Sam was pouring her heart out....bechara needed that boost to his self-esteem to hear Sam tell him that Ahaan is great but he isn't Veer😆.....kitna time rejection ke hurt mein ghooma hai Veer....he needed a heartfelt full on emo confession from Sam....haha long time coming.   

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

bas ab wohi dekhna reh gaya hai but ypu are right they have 2 more "broken" pairs only that they are kind of going to be forced but yeh balaji ki duniya hai yahab sab chalta hai and don't forget karthik bhi toh broken hai absmiley36 With his trophy GF running away with that P ka stalkersmiley39

LOL yes, kaafi aur "broken" pairs ghoom rahe hain fix karne ko😆.....P toh single baithi hai....usko bhi hook up karvaayenge kisi se😆

And I think if season 3 happens, the storyline might pick up with Sam still being married to Ahaan and trying to figure out how to get the marriage annulled or something😆....they will show the aftermath of managing that mess given that she took it to that extent.  And maybe next season will be about the phobia of getting married again😆....that is, if Veer-Sam get around to planning for marriage....lol 

Kartik toh ab cartoon banke reh gaya hai.....LOL maybe they'll find another new girl for him in season 3😆.....Veer-Sam karvaayenge iski shaadi🤣

AreYaar thumbnail

The nautanki in this bit, man 🤣🤣

Season 1 ke Veer-Sam ab dekho toh lagta hai koi aur hi log the😆

Ok, finally managed to make a batch from the beach scene 😆.....man, it takes long to gif this with the cropping and all....phew....lol I guess I'll slowly work my way through the scenes.

Btw I loved Veer's expressions when Sam was pouring her heart out....bechara needed that boost to his self-esteem to hear Sam tell him that Ahaan is great but he isn't Veer😆.....kitna time rejection ke hurt mein ghooma hai Veer....he needed a heartfelt full on emo confession from Sam....haha long time coming.   

Aww they are lovely☺️ Bechara veer toh was expecting  her to ask for a refund🤣 his face when she showed up just after the call😆 but jokes apart he was really shook by the mighty sam finally pouring her heart out.

Oh yes it takes forever to gif by importing the video and it is terrible to find the right timings in the newest ps so main toh caps way se gif karti hoon i don't  have the patience to deal with that timing thing and it freezes after  like 2 gifs and you have to start all over again.i find the caps way lot easier with km player to take caps as it automatically  takes caps and you just import them in ps 

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 4 years ago

The nautanki in this bit, man 🤣🤣

Season 1 ke Veer-Sam ab dekho toh lagta hai koi aur hi log the😆

🤣 Such bhaskar worthy actors man🤣 and karthik ki shakal just adds upto their nautanki . This bit was super super adorable and the whole car ride was hilarious with karthik being so done with the nautanki  and jealous  haha

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Aww they are lovely☺️ Bechara veer toh was expecting  her to ask for a refund🤣 his face wheb she showed up just after the call😆 but jokes apart he was really shook by the mighty sam finally pouring her heart out.

LOLL yeah, he looked so taken aback when she showed up right behind him just as he got the news on the phone about the marriage being called off. 

Mainly toh I guess he was too scared to hope....isliye woh refund wala taunt maara😆.....he was still scared to hope even after Sam kissed him.....he needed to hear the whole thing directly from her to actually start to believe.....Vikrant enacted all those changing emotions on Veer's face so SO well, yaar.....especially his expressions when Sam tells him Ahaan is not him....you could just sense how overwhelmed Veer felt hearing all this after having just gotten rejection from her each time he tried to put himself out there.  And the joy growing on his face as he finally saw the full on emo Sam back after so long pouring her heart out to him.....isliye toh in response he just said an "I love you too"....lol he understood what her whole ramble was about. 

I really liked how Harleen enacted this scene too.....all of Sam's emotions, her regrets at having hurt so many people again, having made such a mess again but unable to escape the truth anymore....woh vulnerable, soft hearted, self-deprecating Sam was back again in this scene.