Posted: 4 years ago

Hi guys, posting this with the hope that there would be some activity in the forum.

I could not find an apt title even after thinking a lot, so decided to go with this. Not proofread, please excuse any mistakes/grammatical errors.

-----------------------------------------------

The opposing sides looked at each other fiercely, eagerly waiting for the judgment to be passed in their favor.

The Judge banged the gavel to pronounce his decision.

“The court agrees that it is impossible for this couple to stay together and work things out.They could not make their marriage work even after being together for 4 years.It is for the best that they are separated. The demand for divorce is accepted,however, the court rejects both the partners’ plea for sole custody, instead a trust fund will be setup for the child and both are to contribute towards it equally, while the child remains in the joint custody of both the parents.”

Although,they were not too happy with the joint custody announcement, they knew it would be the best for the child. They were only glad the divorce was accepted.

They moved towards each other,

“Congratulations, Khurana!”

“Same to you, Handa!”

And with that, they went their separate ways.

While Maan sat in his car and drove off to his office, Geet left for home. It had been along day for her and she definitely needed some unwinding.

She went home, showered and went to the kitchen to make herself a cup of her favourite adrak wali chai.

After putting some good music on, she sat down with her chai facing the garden which was in full bloom. It did uplift her mood and dissipate her tiredness.

Even after she finished her chai, she kept sitting there for long, closing her eyes and resting against the back of the couch.

Her droopy eyes opened when she heard a car pull up in the driveway. She frowned as she looked at the person getting down.

As soon as she hear the main door click open, she was on her feet.

“Excuse me,where do you think you are going?”

Maan only looked at her confused.

“I think you need to refresh your memory with what happened this morning.”

“Oh that”, he said flippantly. “I have sent the driver and I called again to check, he should be here in no time.”

Just as he finished, another car pulled up and out came a 3 year old, running towards his father, who lifted him up and threw him in the air before catching him in his arms.

Maan smirked looking at Geet, who only glared at him, went towards him and snatched the child from his arms, and walked upstairs cuddling him, listening to his stories from playschool.

He nonchalantly walked towards his own room to freshen up.

When he came down, the sight in front of him filled him with inexplicable warmth. It was nothing unusual, Geet was feeding their son while narrating a story of 2 Cranes and a Tortoise as he looked at her wide-eyed, chewing his food in full concentration.

He joined them, pulling his son to his lap while Geet continued feeding him. Soon, he was napping in his father’s arms. While Maan headed upstairs to lay him on his bed,Geet walked towards the dining table to plate up their lunch.

“Mishty, are you still angry”, he asked snaking his arms around her from the back.

“Mr.Khurana, you are a cheat!”

“I got late for my first case today only because of your hanky-panky in the morning and you did not even carry out your punishment”

“But baby,you did manage to reach court on time for your first session.”

“Just in time!”, she fumed, to which he shrugged.

“And as for your punishment, I did send the driver to the school to get Aarush”

“But did not I specifically tell you that since I was late today because of you, you will not only be responsible for dropping him, but also picking him up from school instead of me? If I had to send the driver, I would not have told you”, she frowned.

“Oh come on, I am sorry for making you late and I promise not to do it again. Next time,I feel like it, I will wake you up early so that we have ample of time”, he winked at her making her madder if possible.

“You are incorrigible and insatiable”, she said stomping her foot on the ground.

Pulling her closer, he quickly pecked her lips, “when it comes to you, yup!”.

Before he could move back properly, she pulled him bunching his shirt in her fist and kissed him full-on.

“Now who is insatiable?”, he questioned wiping his lips, smirking at her once they released to catch their breaths.

“It is my hormones, okay? I am not getting pregnant again after this.” She declared walking to one of the couches and throwing herself on it.

“Oh oh”, Maan thought. If he did not do something to appease his wife quickly, things would escalate and he would be in for a greater punishment.

Striding towards her, he pulled her into his arms, cuddling her close and pecked her temple. “Sorry baby, you know I love you, right!” He splayed his palm on her still flat stomach, caressing there, “Let’s eat now. Don’t want my wife and baby staying hungry for so long”, he added kissing her hair.

“Also, as my punishment, we will have a movie session tonight and watch your favourite Dil toh Pagal Hai”, he shuddered just with the thought of watching THAT movie for the umpteenth time, but well.

She looked up at him smiling widely and kissed him on his cheek before pulling him off the couch towards the dining.

-------------------------------------

Not sure if you enjoyed reading it, but thanks for reading!

It was wonderful. Initially I thought mane et are getting separated but it was different. I loved their loving moment and the way they were feeding their baby. It was amazing. 💗

Intense start to the story then unexpected twist, sweet ending. Enjoyed reading it. Loved how Maaneet shared the responsibility of taking care of kid equally. 

really glad that you posted this OS! 

commend your efforts to keep this forum going! 

Fascinating OS! superbly written!

so Maan and Geet were at opposite ends! great that they did not let work affect their personal relationship! 

Adore Geet's cribbing! loved Maan's response! 

Their son is so cute! 

great that Maan pacified Geet!

awesome end

Please post a SS soon

Aww that so cute....initially I thought they are divorced 😔not my fault u intend that...they turned out to lovely couple 

Loved it a lot

Hahaha, loved the way the story twisted...  cute OS and refreshing to read something today after really long in this forum

Wonderful update...loved this OS... very well written...lovely maneet family...they loved each other...  wow Maan pacified Geet… superb  end.. excited for next...!!

amazing story

you create nice suspense in start 

Hi. I can never get tired of saying how awesome a writer you are. Your writing is smooth and flawless. The little details you add like the description of the child eating and staring wide eyed at Geet, listening attentively to her, the garden in full blossom( winter times), the judge banging the gavel, and the adrak wali chai,  it makes the story so aesthetically pleasing to the senses. I can actually visualize everything and that exactly is the trait of a good writer- to paint the scene for their readers.

Always love your protagonists and their chemistry. They are cute, adorable and you don't want the story to end. Maaneet as parents and so into each other is a sheer joy to read. I am going to read this again. Also, twist in the tale is one of your narrative techniques that I enjoy immensely.

What a pleasure it would be read a full fledged novel from you.

Do keep writing. You have found an ardent follower in me. 

Edited by Commelina - 4 years ago