Debate Mansion

SIGN THIS PETITION IMMEDIATELY. - Page 5

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: RegressiveThug

It's not about what police was doing, it is about what is police doing right now, have they found enough evidence, strong enough to get these assholes capital punishment, because this isn't a case of just rape, this is a case of planned kidnapping, sexual assualt and murder, something is enough for capital punishment.

And yes I have signed this petition.

My this post was in continuation to the previous one... I was saying that why app amber alert will not go to police it's because they will take time to reach the spot while volunteer from nearby can come fast. In such critical situations we need Swift response.

Edited by Zeal17 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: The_Best

I hope people don’t take this the wrong way. But making punishment more strict is a just temporary solution. Yes, that will be great and will be helpful. But it’s also better to fix the cause of it. If boys from childhood are taught and implied they are better than girls, they can order girls around and all this repressed sexuality, blaming girls for everything, it will turn to this. I remember seeing a video which was filmed in India and young boys were saying how if a girl isn’t wearing modest clothes, then why assaulting her isn’t rape. I don’t remember the exact words, but it was something if that sort. It was shocking and eye opener video. 

If that’s the mindset in many towns, then obviously they will just find any excuse to rape. This kind of mentality has been in other countries too, but the rape is increasing there too more than ever for the first time. I rarely used to hear rapes of girls in Afghanistan before. May be they were scared of taliban punishment or what idk. I did used to hear about boys being abused. But not girls being raped. But now it has started there too. It’s this kind of mindset which needs to be changed from childhood. Whether it’s culture and/or religion responsible for such mindset, it needs to be completely removed from any society and country. And that usually happens in childhood and growing up in the environment where they see and learn how women are treated. 

Actually, I don't see what stricter punishment they could use. Capital punishment is already permitted. Mutilation and all is regressive imo and doesn't have any place in our times. There is a debate even regarding the efficacy of capital punishment and till now, there is no evidence to suggest that death penalty works as a deterrent any stronger than life imprisonment. In fact, evidence suggests it is counterproductive. Plus, it is irreversible and usually leads to longer trials 

I agree with rest. The way forward is not stricter punishments, it should be to strengthen security using other state tools and changing the ultra regressive and delusional mindset of the people in India in general. But for that, we have to work on our poverty and given the snail paced development in India since Independence, it is going to take a century before we get there.

simrata thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: RegressiveThug

It's not about what police was doing, it is about what is police doing right now, have they found enough evidence, strong enough to get these assholes capital punishment, because this isn't a case of just rape, this is a case of planned kidnapping, sexual assualt and murder, something is enough for capital punishment.

And yes I have signed this petition.

Police did good job with the help of CCTV they captured these four, also the main culprit Pasha mom said that he was not at home during incident took place, even neighbours states the that three others are jerk, I m sure court also punish this culprits but problem is Politicians, they will come with stupid excuses, remember Nirbhaya rapist  lawyer said Gandhiji bhashan to save them

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: -sim-

Police did good job with the help of CCTV they captured these four, also the main culprit Pasha mom said that he was not at home during incident took place, even neighbours states the that three others are jerk, I m sure court also punish this culprits but problem is Politicians, they will come with stupid excuses, remember Nirbhaya rapist  lawyer said Gandhiji bhashan to save them

I hope the evidence is enough to get this people killed, they don't deserve to live, minor be damned, if he can rape and murder, doesn't matter what age he is.