Beyhadh 2

Mrityunjay Roy..... the character

Divya.W thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi Friends!

Just a fun query..

How many of you want Mrityunjay Roy character to be completely negative or grey or turi out be positive as they continuosly portraying him negative and all we know some key points of story line..what would be the twist they show..

Wait is going to be over soon but.....still waiting impatiently

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Honestly, going by the genre, which is a thriller, I am pretty sure no one is really what they appear to be. MJ's family looks like "Hum Saath Saath Hain" type and MJ appears to be Barjatya banner's "Bauji". But I don't think it is so. Similarly, I feel Maya is not all negative or villainous as she is shown to be. Honestly, I feel that her character is a Durga from EHT meets Maya from Beyhadh 1. In short, MJ is not very pious and Maya is not very dayan-ous.

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

in beyhadh1 everyone expected some twists.but the story had no twists n it was predictable.Here MJ is grey,thats y he dumped Maya brutally.But not sure whether he is completely -ve or not

jasminerahul thumbnail

Everyone expected Maya to be just grey in s1 also.But the makers turned her completely black without any mercy.So this time keeping less hopes about the character Maya.I wish she does'nt kill anyone in this season

Originally posted by: libran90

Honestly, going by the genre, which is a thriller, I am pretty sure no one is really what they appear to be. MJ's family looks like "Hum Saath Saath Hain" type and MJ appears to be Barjatya banner's "Bauji". But I don't think it is so. Similarly, I feel Maya is not all negative or villainous as she is shown to be. Honestly, I feel that her character is a Durga from EHT meets Maya from Beyhadh 1. In short, MJ is not very pious and Maya is not very dayan-ous.

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

Everyone expected Maya to be just grey in s1 also.But the makers turned her completely black without any mercy.So this time keeping less hopes about the character Maya.I wish she does'nt kill anyone in this season

I don't know about others, but in Beyhadh 1, I always knew that Maya is the villain of the show, as in a dark character. Honestly, I felt that they overdid it with her negativity because, after a point, I did not want to watch it anymore. Because everyone is all good and Maya doing bad and getting away with it??? Here, at least there is a chance in Season 2, that apart from Maya, there will be others doing villainy as well, not just her. 

In S1, Maya did and justified what she did, because she was so obsessed in love, that she refused to see, that she was hurting people, who had done nothing to hurt her. In S2, something really bad and violent happened to her that changed her perception about life, that she wants to avenge it, to a point that she is obsessed with hatred to fuel that pain and fury breathing inside her.

But, I also agree with you, that with a thriller story, you can never say anything for sure. So, zero expectations is the best as of now.

jasminerahul thumbnail

yes ..everyone expected Maya to turn negative.but no one wanted her to be black n since it was a thriller people expected unexpected twists.but there was no twist. ..so there was no thrill.all other characters looked good only bcz they were compared to Maya the vamp.otherwise only prem was white in beyhadh.

Originally posted by: libran90

I don't know about others, but in Beyhadh 1, I always knew that Maya is the villain of the show, as in a dark character. Honestly, I felt that they overdid it with her negativity because, after a point, I did not want to watch it anymore. Because everyone is all good and Maya doing bad and getting away with it??? Here, at least there is a chance in Season 2, that apart from Maya, there will be others doing villainy as well, not just her. 

In S1, Maya did and justified what she did, because she was so obsessed in love, that she refused to see, that she was hurting people, who had done nothing to hurt her. In S2, something really bad and violent happened to her that changed her perception about life, that she wants to avenge it, to a point that she is obsessed with hatred to fuel that pain and fury breathing inside her.

But, I also agree with you, that with a thriller story, you can never say anything for sure. So, zero expectations is the best as of now.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I feel that it's high time we need grey characters on Indian TV, like Jo from Sacred Games 2, she was unforgiving, and that made her character a fresh breath of change between Gaitonde's grey and Sartaj's white.

I want Maya to be that grey shade with MJ being a bit more darker who wears a facade of the good guy for his family, or like Sakshi Goenka from Ek Hasina tho, you know she is bad, but her family, more specifically, her son is her everything, so much so that she looses her sanity coz of him.

Rishi looks pure stark white, and I won't blame the writers for keeping him that way, afterall, not everyone can comprehend darkness.

Rudra is ruthless, we can see it. He cannot handle his hurt ego, becuase when Maya challanges him, his first reaction is hatred.

Maya from season1 was great, not relatable, but the CVs did try to show her suffering from some mental disorder, but they never really focused on that track or put in effort to study her character, because they used that very crutch to make her do all sorts of wrong.

When you watch the season again, you realise that even Arjun wasn't that much of a saint, and it would have been actually great if CVs had focused on his character as well, but they were all interested in ruining Maya.

Anywho, I feel this season if they focus on the character's more, it is larger than the previous one.

Sorry for rambling🤣

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

I want MJ as Powerful Grey. 

jasminerahul thumbnail

Yes right.cvs were only interested in ruining Maya.Actually Except Prem all were irritating in s1

Originally posted by: _._shibani_._

I feel that it's high time we need grey characters on Indian TV, like Jo from Sacred Games 2, she was unforgiving, and that made her character a fresh breath of change between Gaitonde's grey and Sartaj's white.

I want Maya to be that grey shade with MJ being a bit more darker who wears a facade of the good guy for his family, or like Sakshi Goenka from Ek Hasina tho, you know she is bad, but her family, more specifically, her son is her everything, so much so that she looses her sanity coz of him.

Rishi looks pure stark white, and I won't blame the writers for keeping him that way, afterall, not everyone can comprehend darkness.

Rudra is ruthless, we can see it. He cannot handle his hurt ego, becuase when Maya challanges him, his first reaction is hatred.

Maya from season1 was great, not relatable, but the CVs did try to show her suffering from some mental disorder, but they never really focused on that track or put in effort to study her character, because they used that very crutch to make her do all sorts of wrong.

When you watch the season again, you realise that even Arjun wasn't that much of a saint, and it would have been actually great if CVs had focused on his character as well, but they were all interested in ruining Maya.

Anywho, I feel this season if they focus on the character's more, it is larger than the previous one.

Sorry for rambling🤣

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

Yes right.cvs were only interested in ruining Maya.Actually Except Prem all were irritating in s1

Meh! Even prem was a bit much, according to me🤦‍♀️