MishBir OS: The little Mishap

Itsflora thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Well,posting here after ages.

The on going discussion about Mishti's famous chasma got me to do this. Happy reading 😳     

Asha kiran.

It was a place full of vibrancy,purity & happy memories for Mishti.
The whole area gave her a vibe of belonging.She was back here after a really long time.

But it didn’t feel like that anyway.All didis were rushing around doing their chores,anyone who recognised Mishti halted on their tracks & offered her a pleasant smile & some mendatory chit chats.Some women even engulfed her in big hugs.
No hesitation,question or awkwardness could be felt in those interactions.

She was just Mishti didi for everyone here amidst all the hustle bustle.With or without Abir Rajvansh.

Nishant aka nannu was quite amused to observe the work ethics of the NGO.
It didn’t even feel like a workplace to him.Rather it looked like a zone where everyone was in their happy places.Being a pro himself,It didnt took Nishant Maheswari too much of time to realise somebody must have invested his all to make this possible.

Nish:Mish,this place is..umm..

Mish:Warm?

Nannu:Yeah.

Mish:I told u before.This is an amazing place.Quite different from usual organisations.

Nish:Yup.Thats why I was pestering u to give me a tour of this place.You were the one who delayed the visit.See,everyone is so easy going here.But u didn’t give any heed to my requests.
Thank God kunal loved my idea of holding a meeting for investors here.This way,they could connect more with our work.
I was bored of those office meetings especially with u & Mr.Elder Rajvansh present.

Mishti threw a nasty glare at nannu & led him to the room where they would hold their meeting.She needed to prepare for the presentation & check all the requirements for the afford mentioned meeting.It was important for the project they all were working their ass off.

Also, she needed some time to mentally prepare herself to stand in her feet in that colorful office room which holds so many things she was attached to.

Couple of minutes later,the Rajvansh brothers entered into the same room to  find Nishant Maheswari crouched down on the ground at an awkward angle. The table beside him was a mess.

Kunal:Ohhhh.What's going on here?I thought we were looking into materials for the meeting.Did u guys took that in literal sense? I mean all those papers, files & the projector-its a mess here.

Nish:Umm.kunal I'm looking for something actually.

Kunal:Trust me,i got eyes.I can see that.

The bickering went on.It was nothing new anyway.

Abir was nowhere near the conversation.He was looking at Mishti's head down posture on the corner of the room.The very same corner where once Abir took refugee to be away from Mishti's view due to her bade papa's order.

Mishti didn’t seem to notice their arrival.The look of dismay was clear on her posture.She looked like a lone princess from a dungeon,in that corner,away from everyone's eyesight.

But he could see her.This was his little moment of respite.Now-a-days,he could breath without choking on these moments.Moments where abir could see her to his heart's content without making her uncomfortable.Though It was very rare for her to not caught his movement around her,still abir lived for those stolen moments.

His pretty little mighty princess,Abir thought with a fond smile.
But what had made her this distrought,Abir frowned on that thought.

"Seriously?" Kunal exclaimed in a rather loud voice which finally grabbed abir's attention.

Nish:Ssh.Don't shout.She is already panicked enough.God knows where those contacts had fallen off?

"Thats what happens when u dont take the easy way like lasic & insist on worshipping your stupid chasma!” Kunal murmured to himself.

Abir:What is it Nishant?
She lost her contacts?

At abir's voice,Mishti finally came back to the present.

Mish:I keep loosing things.Its nothing new Nish.
Then with a extra chirpiness she added.

Mish:Thats why,I know how to compensate way better than anyone else in this room.

Nish:How come you don't have a spare one? U are the careful one between us.

Mish:I have one spare.Its just today morning kuhu took my usual bag, so I had to come here with another handbag.My spare contact in on that bag,with kuhu.

Nish:Great.The one day u needed the spare,it had to be absentee.Urgg.
That's why I dont like contacts.Specks are so much better.Its a big hassle to carry & taking care of stupid lenses.Thats why netiher me nor dadu went to that route.

Mish:I know how much u dislike handling lenses Nish.U have told me about it for like thousandth of times.

Nish:Who said I can't talk about it again.Imagine the gel,the mirror work,the to do & not to do list-omg.
I can already sense the headache.

What did u do to my Chas-Mish?

Mish:Nishant.Its enough.U should know I have my reason.

At the mention of his real name,Nishant got the signal to not push off the matter anymore.

Nish:okay.Now what do u suggest?

Mish:We still have time.Let's go through the 
files.I will try to give u demo from whatever I remember. U give the presentation.

Nish:No way Mish.It's supposed to be your thing.U have been working for this so long.Can't u do this from memory?

Mish:A lot of things were supposed to be mine.None of that worked out.Its just a presentation.
Mishti replied in a far away voice.
Then she happily exclaimed.

Mish:That doesn’t mean we will just stop.Got it?
Now come on duffer.Read me all the titles of the files,we need to first organise the mess.

The implications of all those words were not lost on Abir.Or on anybody else of the room in this case.But everybody chose to ignore that.

Kunal:I'll just call & see how long it will take for the investors to reach here.
Nish:Yeah.U do that.Here mish,the files..

Abir Rajvansh quitely left the room & came back with a ladder soon.
After a while everyone discovered Abir climbing on the ladder to reach the attic & soon vanished inside that.

In the atttic,Abir was searching for his worn off leather jacket restlessly.The space was used for everything Abir Rajvansh once had.He knew he would find what he wanted from here.After a hurried search of three minutes,he finally found his jacket.Carefully avoiding all the paper cranes,pictures,paintings & not indulging on the related painstakingly  beautiful memories,he searched the pockets & found the rectangular shaped box.

He heaved a sigh of relief.He just knew it was here.
Softly removing the dusts around the corner of the box,he remembered the time he bought this.

One spare pair of intact spectacle,which he fondly used to call The symbol of his warrior princess,laid there,untouched.

He bought this long ago when he realised Mishti had an odd habit of tripping & consequently dropping her specks,specially around him.
So,he secretly bought another pair for her, just in case & carried it around all the time.

The first time Mishti was super impressed with him was when he gifted her chasma as a freind.

Abir Rajvansh definitely didn’t want to loose his chance to woo his ladylove once more.
So,for months,he carried that extra pair with him hoping for some sort of mishap where Mishti's chasma would be involved.So that he could magically present her with new ones.
The priceless reaction of her was worth the effort.

But,Mishti Agarwal treasured her spectacles.Whatever happened during  their friendship & dating phase,not for once,she lost her hold on her glasses.Despite all the fight,falls,stumbles,push & pull,she managed to take care of her glasses like something precious.

Maybe coz they were the very first thing she got from a guy she came to love more than her ownself.
Maybe coz chasma was not just a object which helped her to see rather a mark if acknowledgement from someone very important.
Maybe coz it was associated with a guy who knew her more than anyone else in the world & valued her as she was.

Precisely, maybe the reason why nobody could spot Mishti with glasses anymore now.

Jerking the painful thoughts away,abir made his way down & walked to Nishant who was closer.

Mishti & kunal looked engrossed in paperworks.

Abir:Here.It will help.

Saying so,Abir offered Nish the box.

Nish:oww.What's that?

Abir :Glasses.

Saying the word disinterestedly,Abir was about to move when nish stopped  him.

Nish:Come on dude.She doesn’t wear lenses for fasion.It has powers, oka?She can't even function properly without it.Why are u giving me some decorative piece? If anything could work,i would have given her mine.

With an annoyed sigh,abir turned back.This guy always leave a bitter taste on his mind.Already his overbearing presence around Mishti was something abir could do nothing about.Now,he had the guts to say Abir didnt know about Mishti's glasses.
If there was anything in the world abir could proudly declare with 100% reassurance it would be, "he knew Mishti -inside & out."

And this nannu guy had the nerve to question Abir on that very fact.

With inhuman strength,Abir calmed down himself & replied clenching his teeth
Abir : Just give it to Mishti.

'okay.No need to get worked up.Miiiiiiish'-
Nish walked away from him saying those words in a sing song voice leaving him more agitated than necessary.

Urgggg.Abir definitely hated this guy.

Mish looked up to Nish to find him dangling a box before her.

Mish:What's this now?

Pointing towards Abir,
Nish:He said 'it will help' but no pressure from me.okay buddy?

& then he opened the box.

For a split second,Mishti's face lost it's color.

Kunal felt his breath hitched on his throat watching the display of raw pain on her face.

Mishti sharply turned her face towards abir's direction.

Mishti's lips quivered,Abir bit his own lips in an attempt to hold himself in a place.

So many days,for so many days they had been waiting  for this moment.

Before break up,Abir just waited so that he could enjoy the look of pure surprise & bliss on her face while receiving this gift.

Then,after break up,when Mishti came back sans her chasma,he felt so helpless.It was as if Mishti was there before him but still it was not her.
His hands were itching to jerk her out of her self proclaimed updated stupid stupor & bring back the actual angry chorni he fell in love with.

Alas,he lost the right.

On the other hand,Mishti could not dare to wear her glasses which wont help her to see his dear face anymore.She couldn't bear to carry those glasses which still had his touch but didn’t have him in near vicinity.She just couldn’t look at those glasses & broke down over and over in remembrance of loving memories.

The extreme anguish was so palpable in the room both kunal & Nishant stood shock at the sudden change in the air.Both felt like intruders in some really private moment.

Nirja didi suddenly barged inside & announced the arrival of the guests.

The trance was broken.Just like that.

Mishti hurriedly put on the glasses & started to hyperventilate about how they were not still ready.

Mish:Here.kunal set up the projector please & please give Nish a hand about those files.I'm organising the slides.

Abir looked on the view before him with a satisfied smile.

Hands working on high speed,eyes squeezed in concentration,glasses perched on the brim of her nose,fringes of hair blocking her view now & then,annoyed jerks of her head to sway those unruly hair away,all the while stealing some beats of his heart,Mishti  Agarwal finally showed some resemblance to his angry violent chorni.

Kunal raised his eyebrows quizzically at Mishti & asked.

Kunal:U giving the presentation?
Mish :Yeah, obviously.We dont have other choice here.

Nish:Take it easy mish.U sure oka?I mean,First check the glasses.I mean the numbers can't be right,na?They were just lying around here.

Mish took  a pause in her track. Trust Ajeeb Rajvansh to get things solved in the most unexpected way out of nowhere.

So she rather whispered to herself.
Mishti:Yeah.Thats why I dont need to bother to even check.

Then,she regrouped herself & with a sunny smile replied.

Mish:It's all cool Nish.Let's not waste
time, we actually don't have that exact thing in our hand.

Nish:Yup.About that Mish.I can already see them on the yard.

Abir:Don't worry.I will take of it.U guys take your time.

Saying so,Abir swiftly moved from there carrying an over enthusiastic aura.

Nish:How can he be so sure that he can manage?Those foreigners are really punctual & as far as I know buttering really dont go well with them.

Kunal was about to say that woh bhai hain,he can do anything but Mishti beat him to that.

Mishti:Woh Abir hain.He can do anything.Now give me a hand here.

Kunal & Nishant exchanged a look sensing the deep rooted confidence from Mishti's tone but carried on with their job anyway.

They had a meeting to take handle,
FOR NOW.

Note:Yaay!I had to write this one.I couldn't sleep otherwise🤣
Pls read & share your views.
Hugs & love 😍😍😍

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abhilashasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Nice ... just warm and nice 👍🏼

Krpkab_superfan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This feels so real and beautiful 🤗thanks for writing !!!

lovelycolour thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It's so nice I hope mishti gets her specs back in the same way.

Jayati321 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Woah Flora..... I loved it so so so much.❤️ It was warm ,intense and totally MishBirilious.😃

Now i so want this scene to happen in our show.👏 I loved that line when Abir said ..Just give it to Mishti. I can imagine Shaheer with his intense voice,giving intense shots to Nannu😆Also the other line Abir knew Mishti inside-out.

Thank you dear.I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Keep writing good stuff.

meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I want this to happen on the show and I can see that happening

Haaye. I'm crying😭😭

Mimzy thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

You write really good!!! 

And this was really nice!!!👍🏼

Itsflora thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhilashasharma

Nice ... just warm and nice 👍🏼

Thank you😳  

Itsflora thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krpkab_superfan

This feels so real and beautiful 🤗thanks for writing !!!

Aww.thanks dear 😳

Itsflora thumbnail