Babita's Patiala Babes Restaurant - E24 Segment

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Have a closer look at Babita's restaurant. Waise, Babita opened a very fancy restaurant on her own damnn. She named food items after Mini and Arya's name awww how cute is that 😛. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897iOVeStLc

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Damnn that restaurant looks amazing. Why couldn't they have shown this during the show. 😒

It felt so nice to see Minnie and Arya swirling each other around like that. It would have given such a homely feel knowing that Hanita were still around as well.

Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Where the hell was this babita in S1! This is the babita everyone wanted to see but the stupid writers had other ideas. They should have shown this journey to her being a career woman after marriage, then dying to Make way for the Arya story. I mean they could have created the mini babita conflict using aryas pregnancy 

YoungHeart thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

Damnn that restaurant looks amazing. Why couldn't they have shown this during the show. 😒

It felt so nice to see Minnie and Arya swirling each other around like that. It would have given such a homely feel knowing that Hanita were still around as well.

I know right. Would have loved to see all this. Freaking hate how writers ruined the immense potential Babita’s character had. 😒

They are largely using Hanita’s memories, and flashbacks to move this season forward. Honestly, I don’t know what else can they show without Hanita’s mention. Mini’s life on her own will be boring to watch. 

YoungHeart thumbnail

Originally posted by: deefy89

Where the hell was this babita in S1! This is the babita everyone wanted to see but the stupid writers had other ideas. They should have shown this journey to her being a career woman after marriage, then dying to Make way for the Arya story. I mean they could have created the mini babita conflict using aryas pregnancy 

She actually did this on her own. Damnn that’s impressive. Mini also said today “You did it, Babes”. I would have loved to see them actually explore Babita’s story this way. Babita and HS’s character had immense potential. Writers ruined it and they say they were not favoring Mini or focusing just on Mini. Whatever 🤪

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

I know right. Would have loved to see all this. Freaking hate how writers ruined the immense potential Babita’s character had. 😒

They are largely using Hanita’s memories, and flashbacks to move this season forward. Honestly, I don’t know what else can they show without Hanita’s mention. Mini’s life on her own will be boring to watch.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If they didn't incorporate Hanita in some form or another, what story could they possibly have for Minnie? Just to give her emotional baggage, they ruined the precious bonds between a parent and child. Even if they wanted to keep Minnie as a focus, they could have shown so many different issues whilst still keeping Hanita around. Heck, it would have been far more interesting to see these problems with all three of them around and being given equal importance.

As it is, what's their goal right now? Minnie doesn't plan on staying back and I don't see her being too heavily invested in the restaurant since that was never her dream. GK and Naeem Bi are working there already so they can keep up with the day to day activities. If needed, they can hire someone else to cook or be a manager or whatever. Minnie's not really needed.

Arya doesn't want her around and is keen on making her leave. The main conflict is getting these two sisters to accept each other but then what?

For S1, Babita being emancipated was the main goal. That emancipation happening on multiple levels is what drove the show. Not being dependent on a man, becoming a working woman, being confident in her sexuality, etc. There were so many different tracks to be explored.

But what's there for Minnie after reconciling with Arya?

Del00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

She actually did this on her own. Damnn that’s impressive. Mini also said today “You did it, Babes”. I would have loved to see them actually explore Babita’s story this way. Babita and HS’s character had immense potential. Writers ruined it and they say they were not favoring Mini or focusing just on Mini. Whatever 🤪

Me too. without speculating or trying to gossip it all points to the fact that something potentially went on behind the scenes between the production house and paridhi. I don’t know for sure but the way they’ve written the end of the character of babita compared to that of HS and also with AD somewhat being a part of the season 2 start compared to paridhi not being in it at all, makes me think this. Idk for sure tho and I could be entirely wrong.  I don’t think they were favouring mini I think they somewhere along the line decided to switch the story to her (maybe they thought it will attract more of a reception idk?) but it’s obvious SOMETHING went on and everyone’s silent about it 

Del00 thumbnail

That's exactly what I was thinking. If they didn't incorporate Hanita in some form or another, what story could they possibly have for Minnie? Just to give her emotional baggage, they ruined the precious bonds between a parent and child. Even if they wanted to keep Minnie as a focus, they could have shown so many different issues whilst still keeping Hanita around. Heck, it would have been far more interesting to see these problems with all three of them around and being given equal importance.

As it is, what's their goal right now? Minnie doesn't plan on staying back and I don't see her being too heavily invested in the restaurant since that was never her dream. GK and Naeem Bi are working there already so they can keep up with the day to day activities. If needed, they can hire someone else to cook or be a manager or whatever. Minnie's not really needed.

Arya doesn't want her around and is keen on making her leave. The main conflict is getting these two sisters to accept each other but then what?

For S1, Babita being emancipated was the main goal. That emancipation happening on multiple levels is what drove the show. Not being dependent on a man, becoming a working woman, being confident in her sexuality, etc. There were so many different tracks to be explored.

To me it’s looking like mini is going to realise she HAS To stay (or risk Arya growing up with influences she “disagrees” with).  I reckon That even when mini decides to stay, Arya will not want her to and I expect some sort of rebellion on her part. But further than than and mini “ re teaching Arya everything she was incorrectly taught” I also have trouble seeing where the story is going to be taken 

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: deefy89

Me too. without speculating or trying to gossip it all points to the fact that something potentially went on behind the scenes between the production house and paridhi. I don’t know for sure but the way they’ve written the end of the character of babita compared to that of HS and also with AD somewhat being a part of the season 2 start compared to paridhi not being in it at all, makes me think this. Idk for sure tho and I could be entirely wrong.  I don’t think they were favouring mini I think they somewhere along the line decided to switch the story to her (maybe they thought it will attract more of a reception idk?) but it’s obvious SOMETHING went on and everyone’s silent about it

Even if they wanted to switch the focus onto Minnie, they didn't have to tarnish Babita's character to this extent.

As for S2, Paridhi didn't even go for the Manali shoots. I doubt she would have stayed on for anything else. Besides, if her initial contract had expired, she might not see a reason to stay back.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Very well said, Gur! 👏

@last line

Maybe they will start love story of Mini? 🤢