Detailed Analysis of Beyhad 2 Trailer(my take)

Posted: 4 years ago

I am the kind of person who has watched the best of Indian TV shows and the worst of them as well and also am a great fan of Netflix and Amazon India's OTT releases, so i think, in my humble opinion, I quite understand how the serials work🤣

But honestly, I have been meaning to analyse the second promo since it's release, but felt too lazy to do so but here we are.🤣 The points in italics coincide with fellow forum member @NamuVyas

The first shot is the one we have earlier seen, with Maya breaking the clock and saying that she wants to see MJ restless, destroyed.

Next is followed by the voiceover introducing MJ, (honestly, the voice over was a bit weird, imho😅) They decided to break the stereotype of businessmen with zero consciousness and showed him as a more gentle, god-fearing guy in the trailer, which I feel was a bad move, because if he has hurt Maya, than we clearly know his streak of darkness is more than Maya's and they should have acknowledged that.

There is MJ's wife and two other women in the shot of cake cutting, one I think is Rudra's fiancee and the other is the sister (real/cousin/step, take your pick😅)

Rudra disallows Rishi of speaking of death, so there are chances he is ill or has been ill since ages and is now getting better, or Rudra was just being protective and if they want to show conflict between the two brothers, maybe it's just the latter or a mix of both. (also, Rudra will be a difficult nut to crack, since his loyalty to Rishi is way more reflective in the whole trailer and his initial crazy hatred towards Maya won't let him swing towards her manipulation easily)

The next one is of Maya watching the city, and I feel she has just returned from a foreign country or something after healing from the past and has been giving it a few years before striking, because this thought coincides with the voice over saying that an unknown force is coming to wreck havoc.

She says she will rest only after watch everything burn which we have seen for long now, in both Seasons as well as every revenge themed movie/serial.🤭

As the voiceover says she will be love for one and hailstorm for the other, she saves Rishi from water and I feel that either she manipulated his accident in the sea/he decided to take a leap of faith in the sea (but seeing him go all lovey dovey while talking about MJ to his parents, I think it was an "accident")

"Aapki hone waali bahu" matlab? It's not as if she promised him marriage as soon as she saved him, the dialogue should have atleast been "I am in love with her," consent naam ki cheez hi nahi hai, huh!

We then see Rudra, and I guess he is pretty successful, but not as much as MJ, so the taunt Maya throws as him is when he loses something, or challanges her.  

Is it just me or that Maya leaning on the wall, looking at her phone was a soft scene? She traces a bracelet the man in the photograph is wearing (which MJ is wearing in the first shot, it's not exactly visible, but you can see it)

In the fight club, I feel Maya pays the guy to either trash Rudra/lose to him and then says that every drop of blood counts, reminiscent of whatever MJ did to her (I feel he tried to kill her/carry out her miscarriage or something in line of that) Also, why does she pour alcohol on his hand, I am pretty sure alcohol consumers are super upset with that scene 😅

In the scene in the car, Maya looks scared, maybe Rishi tries to take her to meet Rudra/MJ but she manages to talk him out of it.

Why does she waste the cake though?🤦‍♀️ I think it's becuase the cake triggers a bad memory or maybe the CVs just don't about food wastage🤷

Then we get the scenes from earlier promos (why does the man in the gun scene look like Rudra, is it just me or does anyone else feel that way?) followed by MJ saying (to his wife?/assitant?) that someone wants to hurt his kids (yeah, no shit, Sherlok!) This is followed by the most important scenes (according to me), Maya's flashback.

She wears white in them, so clearly she went dark (pun totally intended) after that particular incident

Maya is smiling, so either she announces her pregnancy/ proposes marriages/ proposes some sort of way to be together with MJ forever, and then gets slapped (ouch! When will Indian TV stop hitting their female leads'?🤦‍♀️) And then MJ strangles her and pushes her off. (Assuming her to be dead, wrong move bro, atleast check kar lete, kya businessman banega re tu?🤦‍♀️) Also, Maya is wearing a similar bracelet in the scene as she is falling.

I feel MJ will be initially shown as a caring man who apart from Maya, everyone can't stop singing praises about, initially, especially Rishi, but only few people like Rudra dislike him.

Rudra will be the kind of guy who is good at everything yet someone messes up big time, but wants to prove himself and has big fat male ego so can't handle anyone else winning. If they show him as a MCP, I feel it will give him a better stroke of character. He will be like Shourya from Ek Hasina Thi, his parents' weakness, who doesn't really care about anyone except Rishi for Rudra; himself for Shourya.

Rishi looks like a kicked puppy half the time in the trailer, but is the most relatable one. We all can be easily manipulated, we all fall in love with beautiful people and trust them a bit more easily then the rest. I want to see an arc for him where he goes all crazy about Maya fighting his family but then coming back to his senses and drifitng away from her unless he stumbles upon the past.

Since Maya requires no help from him, obviously, so he decides to either get played with (like Arjun during the first 3 years of marriage in season 1) or just give up on his whole family and leave (becuase he hasn't done anything and at last all that will be left for Maya to do with him is either kill him or cause permanent physical/mental injury)

Since the rest of the 3 women were given zero importance, I don't think Maya will target them, but it would have been cool to see her do so, or atleast something to MJ's wife ( but then hurting her kids is way more worse than hurting the women herself, so that's that.)

So that was all from my side, Idk why I went all funny after a certain point of time, maybe it was becuase I was watching a funny video before coming back to writing this, Idk🤣 Tell me what do you think and what do you want to see.

Cheers,

Shibani.

Edited by _._shibani_._ - 4 years ago

Unresed.

Credit to NamuVyas for the points in italics. 

I wasn't reading/watching the IVs, so this are purely my speculations🙈

Damn, the post is too long🤭

Edited by _._shibani_._ - 4 years ago

I would like to clear some points 

Rudra has no sister ,while cake cutting time one was his mother ,grand mother and his mother's friend diya 

Rishi is not ill or something....we don't like to talk about our loved ones death ...it's a common thing 

But adding this line indicates that there will be a death in near future

Alcohol is used to clean and treat injuries 

If we don't have Dettol or any anticeptic we can directly use a alcohol to prevent infection

Originally posted by Grey-licious

I would like to clear some points 

Rudra has no sister ,while cake cutting time one was his mother ,grand mother and his mother's friend diya 

Rishi is not ill or something....we don't like to talk about our loved ones death ...it's a common thing 

But adding this line indicates that there will be a death in near future

Alcohol is used to clean and treat injuries 

If we don't have Dettol or any anticeptic we can directly use a alcohol to prevent infection

@red, I know, it was just for fun😅 I went all snappy when I was writing this🤣

@bold, Rishi having some illness was my first thought, and I decided to go with that, idk why I love depressing characters so much🤦‍♀️

@purple, thanks for telling that, I just assumed them to be, overactive imagination😅

loved your post.I thought only I felt the voiceover little weird 😂

Edited by Fairooz - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Fairooz

loved your post.I thought I only felt the voiceover little weird 😂

@bold, I am glad

Either it wasn't well written or the voice artist was reading it off a tele prompter or it wasn't directed properly😅

.Edited by Fairooz - 4 years ago

Originally posted by _._shibani_._

Either it wasn't well written or the voice artist was reading it off a tele prompter or it wasn't directed properly😅

my thoughts exactly 😂

I am the kind of person who has watched the best of Indian TV shows and the worst of them as well and also am a great fan of Netflix and Amazon India's OTT releases, so i think, in my humble opinion, I quite understand how the serials work🤣

But honestly, I have been meaning to analyse the second promo since it's release, but felt too lazy to do so but here we are.🤣 The points in italics coincide with fellow forum member @NamuVyas

The first shot is the one we have earlier seen, with Maya breaking the clock and saying that she wants to see MJ restless, destroyed.

Next is followed by the voiceover introducing MJ, (honestly, the voice over was a bit weird, imho😅) They decided to break the stereotype of businessmen with zero consciousness and showed him as a more gentle, god-fearing guy in the trailer, which I feel was a bad move, because if he has hurt Maya, than we clearly know his streak of darkness is more than Maya's and they should have acknowledged that.

There is MJ's wife and two other women in the shot of cake cutting, one I think is Rudra's fiancee and the other is the sister (real/cousin/step, take your pick😅)

Rudra disallows Rishi of speaking of death, so there are chances he is ill or has been ill since ages and is now getting better, or Rudra was just being protective and if they want to show conflict between the two brothers, maybe it's just the latter or a mix of both. (also, Rudra will be a difficult nut to crack, since his loyalty to Rishi is way more reflective in the whole trailer and his initial crazy hatred towards Maya won't let him swing towards her manipulation easily)

The next one is of Maya watching the city, and I feel she has just returned from a foreign country or something after healing from the past and has been giving it a few years before striking, because this thought coincides with the voice over saying that an unknown force is coming to wreck havoc.

She says she will rest only after watch everything burn which we have seen for long now, in both Seasons as well as every revenge themed movie/serial.🤭

As the voiceover says she will be love for one and hailstorm for the other, she saves Rishi from water and I feel that either she manipulated his accident in the sea/he decided to take a leap of faith in the sea (but seeing him go all lovey dovey while talking about MJ to his parents, I think it was an "accident")

"Aapki hone waali bahu" matlab? It's not as if she promised him marriage as soon as she saved him, the dialogue should have atleast been "I am in love with her," consent naam ki cheez hi nahi hai, huh!

We then see Rudra, and I guess he is pretty successful, but not as much as MJ, so the taunt Maya throws as him is when he loses something, or challanges her.  

Is it just me or that Maya leaning on the wall, looking at her phone was a soft scene? She traces a bracelet the man in the photograph is wearing (which MJ is wearing in the first shot, it's not exactly visible, but you can see it)

In the fight club, I feel Maya pays the guy to either trash Rudra/lose to him and then says that every drop of blood counts, reminiscent of whatever MJ did to her (I feel he tried to kill her/carry out her miscarriage or something in line of that) Also, why does she pour alcohol on his hand, I am pretty sure alcohol consumers are super upset with that scene 😅

In the scene in the car, Maya looks scared, maybe Rishi tries to take her to meet Rudra/MJ but she manages to talk him out of it.

Why does she waste the cake though?🤦‍♀️ I think it's because the cake triggers a bad memory or maybe the CVs just don't about food wastage🤷

Then we get the scenes from earlier promos (why does the man in the gun scene look like Rudra, is it just me or does anyone else feel that way?) followed by MJ saying (to his wife?/assitant?) that someone wants to hurt his kids (yeah, no shit, Sherlok!) This is followed by the most important scenes (according to me), Maya's flashback.

She wears white in them, so clearly she went dark (pun totally intended) after that particular incident

Maya is smiling, so either she announces her pregnancy/ proposes marriages/ proposes some sort of way to be together with MJ forever, and then gets slapped (ouch! When will Indian TV stop hitting their female leads'?🤦‍♀️) And then MJ strangles her and pushes her off. (Assuming her to be dead, wrong move bro, atleast check kar lete, kya businessman banega re tu?🤦‍♀️) Also, Maya is wearing a similar bracelet in the scene as she is falling.

I feel MJ will be initially shown as a caring man who apart from Maya, everyone can't stop singing praises about, initially, especially Rishi, but only few people like Rudra dislike him.

Rudra will be the kind of guy who is good at everything yet someone messes up big time, but wants to prove himself and has big fat male ego so can't handle anyone else winning. If they show him as a MCP, I feel it will give him a better stroke of character. He will be like Shourya from Ek Hasina Thi, his parents' weakness, who doesn't really care about anyone except Rishi for Rudra; himself for Shourya.

Rishi looks like a kicked puppy half the time in the trailer, but is the most relatable one. We all can be easily manipulated, we all fall in love with beautiful people and trust them a bit more easily then the rest. I want to see an arc for him where he goes all crazy about Maya fighting his family but then coming back to his senses and drifitng away from her unless he stumbles upon the past.

Since Maya requires no help from him, obviously, so he decides to either get played with (like Arjun during the first 3 years of marriage in season 1) or just give up on his whole family and leave (becuase he hasn't done anything and at last all that will be left for Maya to do with him is either kill him or cause permanent physical/mental injury)

Since the rest of the 3 women were given zero importance, I don't think Maya will target them, but it would have been cool to see her do so, or atleast something to MJ's wife ( but then hurting her kids is way more worse than hurting the women herself, so that's that.)

So that was all from my side, Idk why I went all funny after a certain point of time, maybe it was becuase I was watching a funny video before coming back to writing this, Idk🤣 Tell me what do you think and what do you want to see.

Cheers,

Shibani.

Hi Shibani, you turned a thriller into a comedy in a matter of a few paragraphs.👏

Well, there are some points I agree with, and some I have a different view about. So, here it goes.

@blue: I feel that MJ's character has a lot of shades and depth, similar to Rudra and Maya. I believe they are the 3 main characters who will be driving this show. Similar to Sakshi Goenka in Ek Hasina Thi. He will be shown as a family man, who fiercely protects his family and his own. Partially I believe is because of his rangeen past, because of course, he has made many enemies over the course of his life. I feel that a no-conscience businessman is a very tried and tested thing. But a no-conscience character in every aspect of life - that is what he actually will be. Maya might have gone all black this season, but I believe the true darkness is MJ - the only difference is Maya has embraced it to punish the culprits and MJ is hiding it to show how sant he is.

@red @pink: I don't think that Rishi is unwell or sick from any angle. I think that he is a simple and sweet brat who has gained things too easily in life and is very chilled out. He is daddy's golden boy who wants to follow his footsteps, and so he is an easy person to target by Maya. I hope he does not get bumped off too easily, because frankly, Maya will enjoy watching MJ crash and burn when he sees his loved ones burn. Rudra reprimanding his brother not to speak of death, sheds some light on his character, maybe, because he lost someone and that is why he is so stern and angry.

@green@purple: Rudra definitely has deviated from MJ's path, because apart from thinking different, I think there is a lot more history to their relationship, which is why their relationship is angsty. But Rudra seems to be a very defensive and egoistic guy, who does not take it lightly when insulted or challenged, probably because his father does the same to him. But, Maya is going to shatter that ego he has, and probably drive him down a path where he embraces every bit of himself and becomes the best version of his persona. He comes across as honest and frank and good. This is why I feel that Maya will fall for him, even though she will plan to drive a wedge against Rishi, by playing on his hate for her.

@gold: I say never go by what they show in the promos. I think the women in the show, apart from Maya have a role to play, because they are someone who can shed some light on different personas of MJ - his mother, wife, his friend-cum-who knows what. You never know, they might go on to show how MJ must have hurt them in some way or the other and they are all quiet for the kids or something. You never know.

That is my 2 cents on the show.

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago

Why does she waste the cake though?🤦‍♀️ I think it's becuase the cake triggers a bad memory or maybe the CVs just don't about food wastage🤷

Cheers,

Shibani.

Hi Shibani a very detailed analysis to say my dear.

So I will tell you my theses{though I can be wrong}

Purple@ For me it indicated as if the clock was like showing that it was MJ's time and Maya breaking it indicated that now his time is up and even the clocks hand which used to move accordingly cant do anything

Bold@ As per me MJ is to be shown like this so as to keep his darker and evil side in hides for now and then boom his evil deeds come out. I think they are putting the basis of a family man first

Italics@ This particular scene is like a warning that Maya will come like death for the Roy bros and one will hate her while other will take her lightly

Blue@ About looking over the city I feel they are showing us Maya trying to grasp her self and geting back to the real world the way she was looking so calculative4

Pink@ As we all know drinking alohol in a sense cures cold (brandy) but excess of it will lead to self destruction so I think it was like an inner meanong of beyhadh?????

Baaki Baad mein kyunki abhi I am writing a drabble