Namah

Hopefully we will get to see Madana.

crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Madana or Manmatha or Kamadeva is the Hindu god of human love or desire, often portrayed along with his female counterpart Rati. Madana was the son of Lord Maha Vishnu and Goddess Maha Lakshmi. 

In the narrative, Indra and the gods are suffering at the hands of the demon Tarakasura who cannot be defeated except by Shiva's son. Brahma advises that Parvati should seduce Shiva since their offspring would be able to defeat Taraka. Indra assigns Madana to break Shiva's meditation. To create a love-filled atmosphere, Madana creates an untimely spring (akāla-Vasantha). He evades Shiva's guard, Nandi, by taking the form of the fragrant southern breeze, and enters Shiva's abode.

After he awakens Shiva with a flower arrow, Shiva, furious, opens his third eye, which incinerates Madana instantaneously and he is turned into ash. However, Shiva observes Parvati and asks her how he can help her. She joins him to resuscitate Madana, and Shiva agrees to let Madana live but in a disembodied form; hence Madana is also called Ananga (an-= without; anga =body, "bodiless"), or Atanu (a- = without; tanu =body). The spirit of love embodied by Madana is now disseminated across the cosmos: afflicting humanity with the creation of lust. Due to the effect of Kama's arrow Lord Shiva agrees with Parvati's proposal and their union is consummated. Their son Kartikeya goes on to defeat Taraka.

Kamdev was later born in the household of Yadav's as Krishna and Rukmini son Pardyuman. Pradyumna was born in Dvaraka. When he was a baby, he was abducted by the demon Sambara. He was then cast into the sea and swallowed by a fish, but that fish was caught and carried to the house of Sambara. The fish was opened and the child was found inside. He was given to a woman in Sambara's house to raise. Narada informed her about the true identity of the child. When Pradyumna grew up, he battled the demon Sambara and killed him using the Vaishnavastra. Soon after Pradyumna became a constant companion of his father Krishna and was well liked by the people of Dvaraka. Pradyumna was a mighty Maharathi warrior. He possessed the extremely rare Vaishnavastra which is the most powerful weapon in the universe. Also, he was one of the very few people to know the secret of the Chakra Vyuha. According to Mahabharata, Pradyumna trained Abhimanyu and Upapandavas in warfare. But Pradyumna did not participate in the Kurukshetra War as he went on a pilgrimage with his uncle Balarama and other Yadavs.

It's interesting to note that, Son of Vishnu the god of love was needed to die so that God of war Kartikeya, Son of Shiva would be born. Sanathana Dharam has so many interpretations the deeper you dwell into it more meaning it gives. Here it says that Love can't be present if War is to be born. I just love the philosophy of it.

P.S: I had made this post earlier but I figured it should be brought back with some editation. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks For Posting Such DetailsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌin this Space πŸ˜³ Love To Read it keep Post More infos πŸ˜› πŸ˜ƒβ­οΈ

It's interesting to note that, Son of Vishnu the god of love was needed to die so that God of war Kartikeya, Son of Shiva would be born. Sanathana Dharam has so many interpretations the deeper you dwell into it more meaning it gives.

Vishnu Is God of Establishment πŸ˜³β­οΈAnd Shiva God of Destruction β­οΈ So Love❀️ Son Sacrifice For War Boy πŸ‘πŸΌ(Mathan -Kartikay) 

Here it says that Love can't be present if War is to be born. I just love the philosophy of itπŸ‘πŸΌ (This Interpretation Sounds πŸ‘β­οΈπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ)

MyDriYa thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Will this track also comes on Namah?

MyDriYa thumbnail

Seriously there used to be ppls say that Lakshmi-Narayan don't have kids, like Shiva-Parvati..  I mean like Ganesh & Karthikeya!

But here I really wonder to know about these all..

Firstly Madhu-Kaitab!

Now Madana πŸ˜”

crystalmoon thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MyDriYa

Will this track also comes on Namah?

Hopefully all depends on Our Favourite Brahma dev and how he chooses to narrate the story, I wouldn't mind flashbacks. πŸ˜‰

As we already have Parvati married to Shiva, the purpose of Madan ended but we can have Laxmi remembering her little munchkin of a cupid.πŸ€—

crystalmoon thumbnail

Seriously there used to be ppls say that Lakshmi-Narayan don't have kids, like Shiva-Parvati..  I mean like Ganesh & Karthikeya!

But here I really wonder to know about these all..

Firstly Madhu-Kaitab!

Now Madana πŸ˜”

Yes, Shiva and Parvati have 2 sons and Brahma-Sharadha have countless children, main being Narad and Vedas. 

Parvati had cursed all the devas that they will not have kids so devas like Agni, Vayu, Chandra and many others don't have children. And she had cursed Vishnu that he will be separated from all his children so Luv-kush never got to meet their father Ram and were raised in the jungle, Pradyuman was kidnapped as a kid and only returned when he was old and was immediately married. And Mandan is dead. 

Madhu Kaitabh were his Ansh not his Biological children like Madana was. Technically Shiva and Brahma are also Vishnu's Ansh but we don't call them his children. 

So it can be said that Lakshmi-Narayan doesn't have children. As they consider the entire Universe as their children there is a term in Srimad Bhagavata MahaPuran Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam It means that the entire world is a family. 

The world is a family

One is a relative, the other stranger,
say the small-minded.
The entire world is a family,
live the magnanimous.

Be detached,
be magnanimous,
lift up your mind, enjoy
the fruit of Brahmanic freedom.

β€”Maha Upanishad 

This is a term that Lord Vishnu uses to describe the entire world as his Children so Vishnu and Lakshmi are not entitled to a single unit of the nuclear family but are magnanimous enough to hold the entire universe as their family. 

MyDriYa thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: crystalmoon

Hopefully all depends on Our Favourite Brahma dev and how he chooses to narrate the story, I wouldn't mind flashbacks. πŸ˜‰

Hehehe πŸ˜ƒ

Or the little girl srishti should raise question about it to Brahma dev.. But yet she is too young to ask such details so she won't ask that..πŸ˜†

As we already have Parvati married to Shiva, the purpose of Madan ended but we can have Laxmi remembering her little munchkin of a cupid.πŸ€—

Yeah! She can.. let's see how CV's are trying to show it..

Oops! I am scared of Alakshmi you know.. the way she looking at Narayan makes me feel, please someone "Save Narayan from her gaze" πŸ˜‰

(credits goes to Yukti of course πŸ€£)

When Alakshmi tells to Shri "We are connected to Narayan somehow" that hit me something like Alakshmi will propose to Narayan.. But how will it turn, when she gets to know about Shri is rebirth of Lakshmi(Narayan's wife) πŸ€”

MyDriYa thumbnail

Yes, Shiva and Parvati have 2 sons and Brahma-Sharadha have countless children, main being Narad and Vedas. 

Parvati had cursed all the devas that they will not have kids so devas like Agni, Vayu, Chandra and many others don't have children. And she had cursed Vishnu that he will be separated from all his children so Luv-kush never got to meet their father Ram and were raised in the jungle, Pradyuman was kidnapped as a kid and only returned when he was old and was immediately married. And Mandan is dead. 

Madhu Kaitabh were his Ansh not his Biological children like Madana was. Technically Shiva and Brahma are also Vishnu's Ansh but we don't call them his children. 

So it can be said that Lakshmi-Narayan doesn't have children. As they consider the entire Universe as their children there is a term in Srimad Bhagavata MahaPuran Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam It means that the entire world is a family. 

The world is a family

One is a relative, the other stranger,
say the small-minded.
The entire world is a family,
live the magnanimous.

Be detached,
be magnanimous,
lift up your mind, enjoy
the fruit of Brahmanic freedom.

β€”Maha Upanishad 

This is a term that Lord Vishnu uses to describe the entire world as his Children so Vishnu and Lakshmi are not entitled to a single unit of the nuclear family but are magnanimous enough to hold the entire universe as their family. 

Omg! Beautifully described πŸ‘

Here after I won't say Lakshmi-Narayan don't have kids.. πŸ˜³

crystalmoon thumbnail

Oops! I am scared of Alakshmi you know.. the way she looking at Narayan makes me feel, please someone "Save Narayan from her gaze" πŸ˜‰

(credits goes to Yukti of course πŸ€£)

When Alakshmi tells to Shri "We are connected to Narayan somehow" that hit me something like Alakshmi will propose to Narayan.. But how will it turn, when she gets to know about Shri is rebirth of Lakshmi(Narayan's wife) πŸ€”

I am not at all worried about Alakshmi, Narayan will have eyes only for Lakshmi and Alaxmi may cause some differences between Shree and Hari but at the end, that will bring them closer. 

Also, Alaxmi was married to Sage Duhsha who later rejected her as his wife after she started creating problems everywhere she went. Technically she was the first divorced women you can say. Which is a stark contrast to Laxmi again as the marriage and relationship between Lakshmi and Vishnu as wife and husband is the paradigm for rituals and ceremonies for the bride and groom in Hindu weddings. And the iconography of Shree and Hari always shows them dressed as Bride and Groom with him in yellow robes and her in a Red sari heavily decked and bejewelled and smeared with sandal paste. 

Later Alaxmi marries Kali the lord of Kaliyug. And that is a match made in heaven and hell both smiley37

melodysong thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Madana or Manmatha or Kamadeva is the Hindu god of human love or desire, often portrayed along with his female counterpart Rati. Madana was the son of Lord Maha Vishnu and Goddess Maha Lakshmi. 

In the narrative, Indra and the gods are suffering at the hands of the demon Tarakasura who cannot be defeated except by Shiva's son. Brahma advises that Parvati should seduce Shiva since their offspring would be able to defeat Taraka. Indra assigns Madana to break Shiva's meditation. To create a love-filled atmosphere, Madana creates an untimely spring (akāla-Vasantha). He evades Shiva's guard, Nandi, by taking the form of the fragrant southern breeze, and enters Shiva's abode.

After he awakens Shiva with a flower arrow, Shiva, furious, opens his third eye, which incinerates Madana instantaneously and he is turned into ash. However, Shiva observes Parvati and asks her how he can help her. She joins him to resuscitate Madana, and Shiva agrees to let Madana live but in a disembodied form; hence Madana is also called Ananga (an-= without; anga =body, "bodiless"), or Atanu (a- = without; tanu =body). The spirit of love embodied by Madana is now disseminated across the cosmos: afflicting humanity with the creation of lust. Due to the effect of Kama's arrow Lord Shiva agrees with Parvati's proposal and their union is consummated. Their son Kartikeya goes on to defeat Taraka.

Kamdev was later born in the household of Yadav's as Krishna and Rukmini son Pardyuman. Pradyumna was born in Dvaraka. When he was a baby, he was abducted by the demon Sambara. He was then cast into the sea and swallowed by a fish, but that fish was caught and carried to the house of Sambara. The fish was opened and the child was found inside. He was given to a woman in Sambara's house to raise. Narada informed her about the true identity of the child. When Pradyumna grew up, he battled the demon Sambara and killed him using the Vaishnavastra. Soon after Pradyumna became a constant companion of his father Krishna and was well liked by the people of Dvaraka. Pradyumna was a mighty Maharathi warrior. He possessed the extremely rare Vaishnavastra which is the most powerful weapon in the universe. Also, he was one of the very few people to know the secret of the Chakra Vyuha. According to Mahabharata, Pradyumna trained Abhimanyu and Upapandavas in warfare. But Pradyumna did not participate in the Kurukshetra War as he went on a pilgrimage with his uncle Balarama and other Yadavs.

It's interesting to note that, Son of Vishnu the god of love was needed to die so that God of war Kartikeya, Son of Shiva would be born. Sanathana Dharam has so many interpretations the deeper you dwell into it more meaning it gives. Here it says that Love can't be present if War is to be born. I just love the philosophy of it.

P.S: I had made this post earlier but I figured it should be brought back with some editation. 

Yes this will be so beautiful, i want to see cherub like baby palying with Yukti and Savi, Please CV;s give us this, Bless us with little baby Madan. As he is the indian version of Cupid, just imagine how cute it will be. 

Cause both the tracks of Kamadeva and Pradyuman are heartbreaking so please spoil us with cute content first before jumping into the emotional exhaustion πŸ˜³