Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

Fanfic: Chapter 3 Updated (11/12)

ingenuity thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I had been watching on and off ever since the Mehul track started and I had no plans of watching, not at least the break-up simply because it hurt? Mishti and Abir have been different and them going down the very tragic road of sacrificing yet again, sort of bored, sort of pissed, mostly upset.

Now, I know this might not be the best but we can all expect what the future track is, even if the makers try to make it unique and I don't particularly think I am up for another shaadi and it's 1001 functions. Hence, this little piece from my end, simply because I kmew I have to give it a shot. I love Vatsal and it's mostly because of that that I really want his character to not become a psycho lover by the end of the track 🙃

Also, posting the first part now. The second one is ready but I am waiting for a confirmation on what Vatsal and Helly's characters are named. (Not Nannu, please GOD, no!)

And most importantly, it doesn't have a title yet, simply because I suck at them. Maybe in the future I think of something (or preferably you guys do) and we can give this story a name. Tab tak, it's just going to be Fanfic.

Waiting to see what you guys might have to say about it.

I N D E X

Chapter 1 : Page 1

Chapter 2 : Page 3

Chapter 3 : Page 4

Edited by ingenuity - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ingenuity thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 1

If a little over two weeks ago, someone had told Kunal Rajvansh that he would be supporting Mishti, Kunal wouldn't have even given it a second thought. His mother had then, in simple words, explained that between Mehul and Mishti, the prior was a greater threat. And so, Kunal had let Mishti in on an inner circle of trust. 

Except, Mishti wasn't very keen on losing that position easily. When he had stopped seeing her as the immediate threat, Kunal hardly could find any wrong. She was tiny, harmless and most importantly, she made his elder brother so happy. In two weeks, Kunal had gone from tolerating Mishti just so Abir wouldn't leave to almost liking her. 

He could imagine her as his sister-in-law. As family. He began noticing the small things his oh-so-in-love brother did. Humming romantic numbers, just meaninglessly staring into space, eyes lightening as soon as he heard her name. He also noticed the absolute respect, the trust Abir had for her. The love he had for her. 

So when, in front of both the families, his brother went off on Mishti, Kunal couldn't even digest the fact. Wasn't this the same brother who had refused to choose between Mishti and Kunal himself? Which meant, his brother loved her just as much as he loved Kunal.

Kunal knew for a fact that Abir would never want to hurt him and would always protect him. So, logically, that should be the same case with Mishti. It was even proven, his brother refused to stop trusting Mishti all these months, even after his and his mother's attempts to just get him to stop. Not even once did Abir entertain the idea of not loving or respecting Mishti. 

When Abir had hugged him at the temple, Kunal had felt good. That despite the outrageous things he had done, he was still his Bhai's Nanko. That his brother still wanted him to be a part of his happiness. That was the final deal. He took Abir home, to wrap him in a box and give him to Mishti. Simply because, even if it hurt Kunal's ego to accept it, she really made his brother happy.

So, when his brother did do all those things that he would never allow anyone to do to Mishti, Kunal chose to observe everyone else. The first person he noticed was Parul Maasi. She looked more sad than shocked. Which meant, she knew. Of course, there was only one person who would divulge Parul into all her plans. His mother. Kunal turned, watching his mother. She looked stoic but Kunal knew her well enough to see the victory dancing in her eyes.

He turned to Mishti, to see her begging Abir to at least listen to her once. As his brother pulled away from her, he saw how pained he was. Like he was pushing away all parts of himself. He gulped the sudden lump in his throat to see Mishti break-down.

This woman had not gone down on her knees even once. She had too much of pride for that. Kunal had even begun respecting that. Now, seeing her crumble, he wondered why his family was hurting her.

He turned to look to Kuhu, who mirrored Mishti. Kunal winced as he realised he put her through the same pain. That he had gotten her hopes high and then let them come crashing down. Ruthlessly. He looked at the rest of his family, and the Maheshwaris, faces laced with shock and confusion alike. This was not the Abir they knew. They had all indulged in great plans for this wedding. Now, they all looked ashamed. 

All Kunal could think was, what had made his brother break the heart of the woman he so desperately loved?

---

It had been a week now. Abir hadn't left the house but he hadn't left his room either. He was always locked up in there, not listening to anyone. The entire family had tried except Meenakshi and Kunal himself.

He was still trying to understand, to come to terms. Finally, when a week later he had nothing, he knocked on Abir's door.

“Jugnu, how many times do I tell you I want nothing?” Abir roared from inside. Kunal flinched. His brother never shouted at Jugnu.

“Bhai, it's me. I really need you.” Kunal felt guilty of using those words but he knew nothing else would make Abir crawl out of this little hell-hole he had created.

He heard the shuffling of footsteps, Abir stumbling around the room. He switched on the light, Kunal could make that out from the translucent windows on the door.

He saw his brother looming behind the door for a few more seconds, running a hand on his face before finally unlocking the door.

“Haan Nanko?”

Kunal took no time and simply crashed into his brother. Kunal might have needed the hug, he really was teeming with confusion and questions but Abir obviously was the one more relieved. His body loosened, as he wrapped his arms around Kunal.

“Chal andar aa ja.”

Kunal didn't fail to notice how Abir immediately locked the door behind them.

“I have decided to divorce Kuhu.”

Abir looked at him with shock and confusion. Kunal remembered how much his brother had loved the idea of Kuhu and Kunal together. How he believed Kuhu would bring happiness to Kunal.

“Actually, Kuhu asked for it. She signed the papers. She said, seeing Mishti she realised she had to let go.”

Kunal didn't miss the raw pain that reflected in Abir's face.

“I really hurt her, didn't I?” Abir whispered inaudibly. “She trusted me so much and I broke it so easily.”

Kunal looked around the room, unable to look at Abir without tearing up. The room was a mess, he wondered how his brother was even living in there. The place really needed some fresh air. Kunal could almost, smell the sadness.

“Anyways," Abir wiped his face again and tried to smile, “I am glad you and Kuhu have come to a decision. I don't want to force you into it. You should do what you think is best. I am with you.” there was a flicker of a genuine smile.

Kunal smiled and took Abir in another hug. “I love you, Bhai.”

“I love you too, Nanko. More than you can imagine.”

And for the first time in his life, Kunal felt like Abir saying these words held much more meaning that Kunal could see. That somehow, loving Kunal was painful. Kunal hated it, but he knew, there was something wrong.

---

If the morning's incident had left Kunal baffled, what happened at breakfast table did the same to everyone else. They were all silently eating dinner, Nidhi Mami making attempts to make everyone at least smile a little. Ketaki was trying to shush her, to no avail.

So when, she fell silent all of a sudden, Kunal looked up from his plate to find her looking behind him in shock. Turning to find the source of her state, he saw Abir skipping down the stairs, rolling his sleeves, whistling a rather happy tune to himself.

As Abir reached the dining table, he greeted everyone with a beautiful smile. “Good morning, everyone!” Kunal noted how his eyes met everyone one the table with the same glint, except when they landed on Meenakshi. There, Abir simply let go of the smile. As if, only Meenakshi knew the pain Abir was going through. As if, she was the only one privy to the torment.

And Kunal hated this.

---

Sooo? What do y'all think? Any suggestions? Waiting for your views :)

Edited by ingenuity - 4 years ago
iamthat2019 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Wow this is so beautifully written.its like I'm actually watching it getting played. Please continue 👏

Krpkab_superfan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So well written .. waiting for the next part now 🤗

Ruchika111222 thumbnail

It is just phenomenal 💞💞💞

tasnimrayian thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

MashaAllah!!!!Its just fabulous and just the I want the story to progress.

I wish cvs had this much brain to characterise kunal like this!!😔

Edited by tasnimrayian - 4 years ago
tasnimrayian thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Can you please PM me whenever you post the next update?

coolove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That was really lovely to read 

I love it when you write from Kunal's point of view 

Almost want to see this come to life

Please write more 

Thanks for this 

MudrasV thumbnail

It's a nice update.I would like to read further.Do PM me when you update next part.

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

As always, absolutely phenomenal. This insight into Nanko's mind is amazing. I hope we get to see more chapters from his POV in the story. The little cues he's picked up in this are amazing. I absolutely love how he's so perceptive. After all, Abir has all but raised him, and with such a perceptive guardian, it's good to see Kunal is the same.

I love that bit where Abir says he loves Kunal more than Kunal can even imagine and how Kunal picks up on it. That's just such a heart-breaking moment but so poignant yet the same.

I'm really looking forward to read more of this. I'm so excited! And, as far as I know, Helly's character is Neha, and Vatsal's is Nannu. Ugh. I hope that's a nickname and he has a better real, actual name.