Anu Malik out of Indian Idol following protests and backlash

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Singer and judge Anu Malik has been facing a lot of backlash over the sexual harassment allegations against him by not one but two or three women. Despite being thrown out from the last season of Indian Idol, Malik returned as a judge this season yet again leaving everyone fuming. Singer Sona Mohapatra took the baton in her hand as she repeatedly voiced her stand on the matter and urged the channel to take necessary action against this. At the same time, Anu Malik pleaded innocence in an open letter. However, now there seems to be a development in this. 

According to reliable sources, Anu Malik will soon be replaced from the show. Yes, you read right it right. "Following the backlash and ongoing threads on social media, Anu Malik will be walking out of the reality show. The channel is yet to decide on who will be replacing the singer." We tried reaching out to Anu for a comment on this but he chose not to reply. Malik in an open letter wrote that the allegations against him left him hurt and if continues, he will take legal action against it. 

"It has been over a year that I have been accused of something that I haven’t done. I have been silent all this while as I was waiting for the truth to surface on its own. But I realize that my silence on the matter has been misconstrued as my weakness. Ever since the false and unverified allegations were levelled against me, it has not only ruined my reputation, but affected me and my family’s mental health, left us traumatised, and tarnished my career. I feel helpless, like I am being cornered and suffocated. It’s disgraceful that at this age, at this stage in my life I have to watch the most slanderous words and horrifying incidents being associated with my name," his open letter read. 

Ab BW vulturon ko bhi hathao sab.

I still don't know why they called him back again for this season. I love Indian Idol and I always find him irritating. Let's see who's the replacement.

It's so embarassing to be kicked out for the second time. Feel sorry for his family. 

Finally 😳Good riddance .

Hope no other channel hires him ever👎🏼,irritating fellow  smiley26 .

But its baffling why sony rehired him  after serious mee too allegations, what's the reason this creepy guy manages to wriggle back into judging panels 🤔-Some years back it was shocking to see him with alisha chinoy as co judge when she herself had made  allegations  against him.