Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

If you are following Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor Khan‘s Good Newwz since its inception, you probably remember that the film’s title underwent a change. It was called Good News when it was announced, and the minor shifting of alphabets didn’t fail to strike our attention. At the trailer launch event, producer Karan Johar spilled the beans on why the spelling change took place at all.

Earlier, I had this superstition with alphabet ‘K’. Then I met Raj Mehta who is paranoid about everything. He and Azim, who is the music coordinator for the film, told me they would want to call it A Good News, but I told them that this was grammatically incorrect. They then suggested that we should go for double W and replace S with Z. Even though I find it ridiculous, I felt we should do this because I don’t want them to blame me later,” he said.

Karan’s obsession with K isn’t secret, though. A handful of his successful films including Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham began with the alphabet. It is said that after watching Lage Raho Munna Bhai, he decided to club his film names with neurological aspects and hence, there was a shift from K!

Edited by Billi_Bangalan - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Is it just a coincidence that Karan and Ekta had some retarded superstitious liking for the same letter "K"?

Anyway, welcome back, I thought you left for ever.

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

All these bollywood and paisa wala log are super superstitious.

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

Is it just a coincidence that Karan and Ekta had some retarded superstitious liking for the same letter "K"?

Anyway, welcome back, I thought you left for ever.

You are forgetting Rakesh Roshan. Ekta and karan has changed for better and don't always uses K, but Rakesh Roshan still gas track record for starting all his movies with K.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Billi_Bangalan

Karan’s obsession with K isn’t secret, though. A handful of his successful films including Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham began with the alphabet. It is said that after watching Lage Raho Munna Bhai, he decided to club his film names with neurological aspects and hence, there was a shift from K!

"Neurology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system." 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Bolte hai naa, kutta ko kitna posh kar ke rakho, khaega toh gu hi end mai mc.

Seriously, Lage Raho Munna Bhai was a movie which was against all kinds of stupid superstitions and this illiterate chaman chutiya picked up the most chutiya thing in the movie.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bollywood was all about Ks... Producers ka K obsession. Then Kapoor, Khan's, Kumars, Khanna, Kabir, katrina...