Posted: 4 years ago

So of late Ayushmann Khurrana was having a good run and Bala seemed like an interesting film so I went to watch with my parents.

It was really pathetic with its juvenile below the belt humour and dumb love story. Oh and that blackface done by Bhumi was terrible to say the least.

Extremely disappointing experience. I went after reading reviews and Masand's 3.5 rating influenced me to book tickets. Bugger I'm never taking him seriously again

Edited by ponymo - 4 years ago

Anusand's praise is for Ayushman and his wife's wokeness. 

They used to treat Akki like shit till Twinkle came out from her hole with a woqueen image. 

I really liked it. Infact loved most of it.

Originally posted by ponymo

So of late Ayushmann Khurrana was having a good run and Bala seemed like an interesting film so I went to watch with my parents.

It was really pathetic with its juvenile below the belt humour and dumb love story. Oh and that blackface done by Bhumi was terrible to say the least.

Extremely disappointing experience. I went after reading reviews and Masand's 3.5 rating influenced me to book tickets. Bugger I'm never taking him seriously again

I knew it. 

I give all Bollywood comedy movies a miss, unless it is based on neutral subject like chichore or the lead heroine has an important character arc like kirti khardamba had in smja and sanon had in Bareilly ki barfi. I have low tolerance for slapstick humour.

if ponymo didn't liked it, than must be a good movie😆

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

if ponymo didn't liked it, than must be a good movie😆

Since when do you know my taste in films? 🤔

Sorry you didn't like simpleton story with humor kind of story. Maybe you are types who likes Slapsticks or 'bhai' kind of humor. 

The movie was simple with good message for bald people showcasing problems faced by bald people. Stories like these couldn't be even thought few years ago. No producers would attempt to make a commercial movie on such story. They might make documentary, short film but not full fledged commercial movie. 

The movie do had many subplots, black skin shaming, tik tok frenzy lifestyle, etc being some. As a maker you too have to understand you can't ham upon same BLAD topic for 2 hours, it would be snooze fest so they needed those sub.plots.    

Originally posted by ponymo

Since when do you know my taste in films? 🤔

Just joking re.

Pathetic should be reserved for housefull type of movies. 

For Bala you could have said.. not good enough or not upto your expectations. Or disappointing.