Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Which celebrity started what trend according to u?

According to me:

Salman's Wanted/Dabangg phase was unbeatable. He did cringy over exaggerated action flicks but it was still fun to watch.

Atif Aslam started this draggy singing style which you hear every singer today (Arijit included) copy.

Anand-Milind (QSQT), then Nadeem-Shravan (Aashiqui), brought back the much needed change after the 80s disco era.

Himesh Reshammiya's early phase...dude was unbeatable. 36 hits in a row...dude was everywhere with his cap! Singing, acting, producing and he was unapologetic about it. His singing style annoyed but now when I hear the songs I realise they were really good tunes and arrangements. I think he has been the most successful celeb from the music industry to get so much love from the audience, get such a crazy following and the only one who successfully became a known face despite being a singer-composer.

All the millennial heroines (DP, PC, Sonam) are still hot property despite being married. But they have taken supposed breaks and slowed down. Kareena specially is still so relevant, I remember the hype before Veere released and everyone around me was talking about watching Kareena on screen. 😆 The fact that she is doing a film with Akshay and Aamir shows she is still very much in demand. All of them are. And they are better than the current lot. 😆

Emraan Hashmi basically paved the way for erotic thrillers that Zarine, Daisy, Urvashi are doing now 😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Apparently Janhvi and Sara started the trend of wearing Salwar Kameez. Before that no one knew about it.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Vidya Balan.

She empowered the actresses..made them believe in themselves..Ishqiya,Kahaani,Dirty picture.

The others followed.She led the way.

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kareena started the trend of being pregnant and working and doing - hold your breath - film after film after film.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

Kareena started the trend of being pregnant and working and doing - hold your breath - film after film after film.

Her MIL continued after 3 pregnancies.She won national award for Mausam as main lead(double role) when saif was 6..and the year Saba was born..Hema,Moushumi acted after 2 pregnancies,Rakhee after a daughter..

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Katrina Kaif : dating ugly,uglier and ugliest men(not just by looks) you can find in BW.

lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don’t care for Sonam but she def started the fashion trend (which has only grown since date). I’m sure there were stylists before Sonam but she def made the whole getting dressed up for an event a ‘thing’.

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Priyanka and Kangana paved the way for female orientated films with Fashion. Mainstream heroines doing a film like that early on in their careers and going on to win National Awards is a pretty big deal. 

Priyanka paved the way for playing a villain in Aitraaz. Showed that even as a villain you can steal the show. Even now when actresses in films or TV play a villain many say they got inspiration from Priyanka as Sonia Roy. 

Priyanka paved the way in mainstream Hollywood. Now ABC especially is open to Indian actors and so are big magazines because Priyanka opened that door. Everyone has a Hollywood manager now. 

Desi girl sari blouse and hair cut is one of the fashion trends Priyanka started.

Dating/marrying younger guys. I know Priyanka isn’t the first to do this or anything but seems like more couples with an older woman-younger man popped up after her and Nick. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Gauahargeous_N

Priyanka and Kangana paved the way for female orientated films with Fashion. Mainstream heroines doing a film like that early on in their careers and going on to win National Awards is a pretty big deal. 

Priyanka paved the way for playing a villain in Aitraaz. Showed that even as a villain you can steal the show. Even now when actresses in films or TV play a villain many say they got inspiration from Priyanka as Sonia Roy. 

Priyanka paved the way in mainstream Hollywood. Now ABC especially is open to Indian actors and so are big magazines because Priyanka opened that door. Everyone has a Hollywood manager now. 

Desi girl sari blouse and hair cut is one of the fashion trends Priyanka started.

Dating/marrying younger guys. I know Priyanka isn’t the first to do this or anything but seems like more couples with an older woman-younger man popped up after her and Nick. 

Even I love PC par ye kuch Zyada hi hogaya 😆

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

This content was originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

Even I love PC par ye kuch Zyada hi hogaya 😆

It’s my opinion. I definitely think Priyanka’s started many trends. I forgot one, after she became a “singer” many actors and actresses did too. Another trend lol