Bhumi is called "brave" for playing a dark skinned girl

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Brave my foot.

Bollywood can very well take dark skinned girl for role of portraying dark girl. When they say she is brave to portray dark skinned girl, they indirectly shame them for being something lesser. So no thanks.

Edited by KhushbooLvNK - 4 years ago
oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Yeh log Kaun se duniya mein rehte hain..what the eff. Seriously though? How absolutely tone deaf and delusional do you have to be to thinm that you painting your face to a darker color and doing brownface is somehow brave ON YOUR PART?! Also what is so brave about playing somehow with more melanin than you?! That's not her skin color she doesn't have any idea of the struggles of someone with dark skin in this country and SHE IS BRAVE?! 

She is just exposing the colorist attitude of BW and tbh India in extension. Thanks Bhumi for letting us know that somehow being darker is something so alien to Bollywood that it's brave to actually play one. Kyunki what if a heroine is actually dark.. how will Bolly with their whitewashing and brownfacing nonsense handle it. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Kaun hain ye log? Kahaan se aate hain?

Edited by Mishh007 - 4 years ago
sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mishh007

Kaun hain ye log? Kahaan se aate hain?

was gonna write the same but thought of reading comments first. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

why do people post coming in Kjo circle become absolute chutiya😆

YoWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I thought Yami was terrific in the movie.Bhumi was the usual, as she is in all her movies,only this time with a painted face.

But something I cannot deny is hearing the audience around me whispering how "horrible" she looks.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: YoWorld

I thought Yami was terrific in the movie.Bhumi was the usual, as she is in all her movies,only this time with a painted face.

But something I cannot deny is hearing the audience around me whispering how "horrible" she looks.

She did looked bad, ab zabardasti kaala banane ke liye muh hai paint lagaigi toh horrible toh lagegi na.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

First Sarah with her stupid “put white powder on your face” statement and now this genius!  How much of a tone deaf and arrogant schmuck do you have to be that you can’t even fake an appropriate non-bigoted statement? 😤