Patiala Babes

HS-Mini: Pata nahin kaunse janam ki preet hai

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Who says this show wasn't a love story?  

What a tremendous picture of love has been painted through these two characters.....my heart is so full today after watching what may be one of their last scenes together. 

Love comes in so many forms.....paternal, sibling, friendly, romantic love.....but at it's pure core it's about a special connection with someone. 

No other relationship in this show personified that special connection like Hanuman-Mini did. Today, as HS finally freed himself from the pressures of needing to be her father, he spoke of of the core of this relationship.....a special connection....koi pichhle janam ki preet....kaunse janam ka bandhan.....that is why he feels so connected to her.....as if he is connected to her from a previous life...this is what a true soul connection is.....that is what these two had. Today, it felt like a dam burst within him as he so candidly spoke of what she meant to him....the one person he could read like a book since day one....ek khuli kitaab jaisi....and he himself was transparent in front of her....the only person he felt comfortable being vulnerable in front of to that degree.....sharing his most raw emotions, his deepest traumas. He always felt a pressure to be strong for Babita.....but with Mini, he felt he could falter, he could be vulnerable, he could break down because he knew she would sambhaalo him. He may have been hero but she probably never realized how much she was his hero....the one HE counted on SO much.  

Previously HS had once told her she is his jigar ka tukda....today he went a step further and told her that his life literally resides in her....I think he's only said to one other person in his life.....Imarti. Which again goes to show ki agar Imarti ke baad kisi se itna pyar kiya hai toh sirf Mini se. 

Kabhi kabhi zindagi mein adhure rishte aisi chhaap chhod jaate hain jo pure rishte bhi nahin kar paate......HS-Mini will now forever be immortalized as one such relationship.....a relationship that may not have reached a final culmination of a neat label.....a relationship that may not even have achieved togetherness....and yet somehow even without all that, it achieved immortality. 

I've loved so many of their scenes but none ever got me emotional like the one today. I was still ok until the part when he was talking about how she is the one he can share everything with.....but that phone call just got to me.....jee bhar aaya.....there was a palpable feeling of heartbreak in that bit that broke my heart for both of them.  

"Connection hi toh na ban paaya, chhori".....the tragedy of this line......and the irony as well....because just minutes back he spoke of the special connection he feels to her.....but circumstances conspired and special connection ho ke bhi WOH waala connection na jud paaya jo dono chaahte the.  The heartbreak in both of them spoke volumes about the fact ki na jud ke bhi BAHUT kuch jud gayaa......ek dard ka rishta jud gaya.....an eternal tees in the heart....the pain of unfulfilled love.

There is the pain of that unfulfillment and somehow still an immense love I have for this relationship even at this stage.....they may not have achieved fulfillment but perhaps that very sense of unfulfillment has set them apart from everyone else in my eyes. 

That last bit when he asked if he still has her trust.....and she assured him that he does.....100%.....sometimes that trust itself is greater than love.  And he again spoke the truth when he said he's ultimately done whatever she's asked of him....the influence she's held in his life will always be on its own plain.  

"Koi na...jo hoga dekha jaayega". So them....and a perfect end to the scene as they get into teamwork mode to tackle Babita. 

I felt a strange mix of heartbreak and contentment at the end of this scene.  What a superbly written scene....and then AD and Ashnoor took it to another levelđź‘Ź. I will miss their brilliant performances together.....that special connection came to life through their acting and chemistry with each other.

This story will always occupy a special place in my heart.....aage jo bhi ho. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Omg i am so excited now

AreYaar thumbnail

I guess Mini's emotions in this scene deserve a seperate post. 

Veer Balika until the very end....in some ways, like the burden of being a hero weighed heavy on HS, Mini carried the burden of the expectation that she be the brave, the strong one always. 

She spent half her life being the strong/brave one for her mom....somewhere she had hoped that HS might be that strong pillar for her that she was for everyone else....but he had too many vulnerabilities of his own to manage to be that for her. She loves him with all her heart.....but something has eternally hardened inside her...she is now unable to put herself out there and hope that someone will sambhaalo her. The way she was listening as HS mentioned that Babita loves her a lot, that he loves her a lot....there was an almost dead quality in her eyes....something has died inside her and she's permanently compartmentalized some things.....she knows they love her.....but she doesn't feel she can count on them. That is her tragedy. 

My heart really broke for her in the way she was trying to hide her tears from HS and not let him see the depth of her own pain even as she let him pour out all his own pain.....it's like she soaked up all his pain and didn't have the strength left to pour out her own.  The way she choked up when she said, "connection nahin ban raha".....you could feel the heartbreak of this kid who had wanted that connection just as badly as he did......her heartbreak wasn't any less than his in that moment. 

But all of this has left some permanent scars on her.....sigh. 

The NB scene was also very on point.....she pointed out the vicious cycle that had developed between Mini and Babita in some ways.....pankh toh de diye Mini ne but her Mom still wasn't prepared to face the real world....she needs true seperation from Mini to do that....so Mini needs to go away for Babita's sake as well.....so that Babita can atleast learn to walk before she tries to fly. 

AreYaar thumbnail

"Baap beti ka rishta na hai....but still, father-daughter ke relation se badhkar hai"

"Thaare mein praan baste hain mhaare"

Itsflora thumbnail

Aaah Girl.

I already cried enough for this night. You had to add your words on top of that.

My heart has been so heavy all night I'm still trying to convince myself hannie was just a fictional relation.I shouldn’t be this much involved. 

Agreed about everything you talked about. You have made a tremendous growth in writing these days.hats off to u.   

I Already talked about the scene in another post.Maybe will come back to talk in detail after some time.            

AreYaar thumbnail

"Tu na mhaare saamne ekdum aise hai....khuli kitaab"

"Aur main....ekdum paardarshi.....transparent"

I loved the way she was watching him in this bit. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Itsflora

Aaah Girl.

I already cried enough for this night. You had to add your words on top of that.

My heart has been so heavy all night I'm still trying to convince myself hannie was just a fictional relation.I shouldn’t be this much involved. 

Agreed about everything you talked about. You have made a tremendous growth in writing these days.hats off to u.   

I Already talked about the scene in another post.Maybe will come back to talk in detail after some time.            

Hey thanks :)

It was the kind of scene that deserved a heartfelt expression of emotion....everything I wrote was from the heart. These two have evoked that kind of emotion in me.....fictional hi sahi, they have been immortalized for me. 

AreYaar thumbnail

🤗 Jean

They really did make me cry today....I hadn't expected that. They got to me somehow. Abhi bhi mann bhar raha hai rewatching the scene. 

AreYaar thumbnail

"Tere aage main ro sakta hoon, toot sakta hoon....kyunki manne pata hai ki meri Veer Balika manne samjhegi....manne sambhaal legi"

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

The depth of her pain would come through he would look away and her face would crumple into tears....she was otherwise trying to hold off from breaking down as much as she could.....

The tears shining in both their eyes in this bitđź’”

And then the phone call đź’”....the way her voice was so choked up, she couldn't even manage to say a "hello" initially

What TREMENDOUS actors these two are together, manđź‘Ź