Rhea Drabble: Inside Her Head

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey everyone! I don't know why, I just felt like writing on the twins this time. Probably because I would have loved to watch a sisterly bond between them but after all that has happened, it's hard to imagine them becoming close.

This OS could be standalone but it could also be thought of as a continuation of my previous OS on Pranbir (Dhadkan). 

I hope you guys enjoy this!

*INSIDE RHEA'S HEAD*

Rhea huffed in indignation as she threw her phone on the bed. She couldn't believe Ranbir's guts. He had  just called Prachi pretty. Guaranteed, he had sprouted some nonsense about Prachi having a 'comforting' face and all, but still. He had basically been implying that she was good to look at.

Rhea sat on the bed and stretched her legs. She didn't really want Ranbir. In fact, she didn't see him more than a friend, a co-housemate and her father's young protege. It had been flattering to know that a popular guy like him liked her but if she had to be honest, she was looking for more in a man than just good looks and a sense of humour. She wanted her man to be strong, principled, clear-headed and unafraid to speak up, even if against his own. 

Rhea snorted in amusement. Ranbir was so spoiled, he wouldn't dare to speak up against his friends, let alone family. And guessing by the alacrity with which he agreed to her bet, he obviously wasn't principled enough.

The obvious question was, why was she then leading him on? The answer was simple- Prachi.

Somehow, Rhea knew Prachi wasn't bad. She wasn't villainous, she wasn't that snobbish 'Mean Girl' types, she didn't put on airs or go around breaking hearts. In fact, she was the polar opposite. She was pretty, kind, humble and feisty. And this was why Rhea hated her.

Rhea was no fool. She had spent nights hearing her father mumble in his sleep. He would chant her mother's name like a thirsty man asks for water. "Fuggi.....fuggi......fuggi......" who the hell names a child Fuggi? He would tell Rhea that her mother was pretty, kind, brave and humble. She didn't understand any of it though. If she was so kind, why did she leave her own baby daughter? She hated people who acted as if they were holier than those around them. People who had no name, no fame, no money, no power and no authority but still acted as if they were better than others, just because they stood at a supposedly higher moral ground. Her mother was similar. Rhea had searched for her on Google yet found nothing. Absolutely nothing. Later, of course, she got to know that her father had erased every news item on her to protect her privacy. But it was clear- her unnamed mother had been a nobody. Had she been someone rich and famous, it wouldn't have been so easy to fade her into oblivion.

And yet, her father revered her mother. His face would light up whenever she was mentioned. Because she was pretty, kind and brave.....things Rhea wasn't but her mother was. Just another slap on her face that she wasn't like her mother, wasn't what made her father love her mother so much, even years after having been separated.

She was not like her mother but Prachi was.

Prachi, with her wide smile, her curled, doll-like hair and clear, glowing skin. Despite all the hatred she had for Prachi, Rhea wasn't blind. She knew what Ranbir was talking about. There was something very soothing about that middle-class Prachi's face. She was fresh, in her approach to life and people. She was firm, disciplined, well-spoken and unapologetic of herself. Rhea had a begrudging respect for her- she had been serving as a waitress on her own birthday! Apart from that, she was also Pragya aunty's daughter. And that was her biggest strength.

Pragya Aunty was also everything her mother was supposed to be. But the difference was that Pragya Aunty was real. She was here in flesh and Rhea could see her daily. She wasn't that absent mother who had run away with one daughter and was now missing. She was a strong, single parent who had brought up her daughter well, despite Prachi's shrill lecturing tendencies. She was perfect but didn't rub it in others faces.

But Prachi? She did that. She acted as if she was the moral superior of everyone around her but what did she have that Rhea didn't? Rhea had money, power, fame, properties across the globe, investments in her name. Prachi had nothing. 

Except for a mother.

Rhea groaned in anger. She hated her mother and she hated Prachi for being like her mother. She hated these middle class women who had nothing of their own but acted better than their stations in life. And she hated Prachi for.....being so.......gutsy. So ball-sy. So fierce and so.........right. Rhea knew her father regretted not having her mother around, to give her discipline. She knew she had been brought up spoilt. She knew her father wished she was more like her mother. She knew her father wanted her to be someone like Prachi.

And Rhea couldn't tolerate that. Rhea didn't want to be like her mother. Rhea had sworn that whenever she had a child, she wouldn't leave him or her. She wouldn't separate her baby from herself. She wouldn't live her life knowing that she had chosen to leave behind her own flesh and blood to the mercy of others. She wouldn't choose one child over the other. 

Rhea rubbed the wayward lone tear that rolled down cheek. Her sister was missing too. Sometimes, Rhea sensed her. She felt it in her heart that her elder twin was well. Rhea smiled a little. She wondered how her twin was. How she looked. Rhea thought about her daily. The twin was like an imaginary friend. A friend she wrote letters to, every week. Rhea's gaze fell on the diary placed at her bedside table. Each week, since she was 12, she had written her missing twin a letter. She told her all about her life, her studies, her crushes, her achievements, what went on at home...... everything. Exactly how Rhea would have told her everything, had she been here. 

Rhea was confident that she would love her sister, despite who brought her up. She was confident that her twin was a wonderful girl and very pretty. She was confident that her twin was exactly the elder sister she needed, as Prachi had told her.

Another reason she hated Prachi. What did that girl know of elder sisters? All she had was that unbearable Shahana, a distant cousin. Just because she could lord over Shahana didn't mean she knew what being an elder sister was like. And more importantly, it wasn't her right to tell Rhea that she needed an elder sister. Because it hurt. It hurt Rhea that her sister wasn't with her. It hurt Rhea that she didn't grow up with her twin. It hurt Rhea that she never celebrated her birthday with her twin. It hurt Rhea that she didn't even know who her twin was and how she looked like.

Rhea took a deep breath and picked up her phone again. She knew she was being horrible and petty. She knew that she was doing something her twin wouldn't approve of. But Rhea had no choice. Prachi was working her way in her life. She was acting as if she was her father's long-lost daughter. Rhea balled her fists in anger. Prachi was acting as if SHE was Rhea's lost twin. And Rhea wouldn't allow that. Ranbir would help her get rid of this Hoshiyarpur behenji. She needed to be out before she made her way to Rhea's beloved sister's place.

She was going to be successful.

Hey Guys! I know it was angsty but I hope you guys liked it. It could be made into an FF if I have time and ideas enough. Please do leave a comment!

Edited by aynat-22 - 4 years ago

its awsme love it you have great writing skills plz can you mke something on pranbir

Originally posted by pranbirkridha

its awsme love it you have great writing skills plz can you mke something on pranbir

Thank you so much. I am planning a Pranbir FF which will follow KKB's events but be different 

@aynat, this is so, so good. Wish creatives read this.  

Originally posted by Janas2017

@aynat, this is so, so good. Wish creatives read this.  

I hope so too. The twins can rule the world if they come together. Remember that episode in which Rhea stood up for Prachi against two goons when they went idol hunting for Ganesh chaturthi? 

I plan on having Rhea and Prachi bonding in any long term FF I write on Pranbir.

Hi again,

I loved what you wrote, so wonderful... I mean I am not saying Rhea is right, but you have so clearly, beautifully explained why Rhea is doing what she is doing 

Great job!

Thank you for this wonderful piece of writing!

Aynat, even i had initially hoped something like this. I mean Rhea being spoilt but a heart of gold. But the creatives decided to make her Aliya's daughter instead of Abhi's.

Originally posted by aysha1989

Hi again,

I loved what you wrote, so wonderful... I mean I am not saying Rhea is right, but you have so clearly, beautifully explained why Rhea is doing what she is doing 

Great job!

Thank you for this wonderful piece of writing!

Hey! You know, Rhea was never supposed to stick to the confines of right and wrong, I believe. She was supposed to be grey. Unfortunately, CVs are bent in making her dark. I wish she becomes the sister Prachi deserves and Prachi turns out to be what she needs to get a grip on her life.

Thank you so much for your praise :D

Originally posted by Janas2017

Aynat, even i had initially hoped something like this. I mean Rhea being spoilt but a heart of gold. But the creatives decided to make her Aliya's daughter instead of Abhi's.

Honestly! She has more of Abhi and Aliya in her. Pragya will be shocked when she realizes what a devious woman her Rhea is. I just hope it isn't too late then.