Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

I have always said Babita needed to step up if this marriage had to work be fulfilling but I don't think I ever felt that she would or could. The current state of their hollow marriage doesn't surprise me one bit. They should separate/get divorced but I don't think HS can bring himself to do that to Babita or himself. He will continue to be suffocated. Gosh. 

On the other hand, it would be really hard for him to handle things if Babita were to pass away. I don't know if Minnie would return to him in that case. It might be a little too unconventional for ITV to show a young adult choosing to continue to live with her 'step' dad after her mother passes away or if they get divorced, maybe?

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I have always said Babita needed to step up if this marriage had to work be fulfilling but I don't think I ever felt that she would or could. The current state of their hollow marriage doesn't surprise me one bit. They should separate/get divorced but I don't think HS can bring himself to do that to Babita or himself. He will continue to be suffocated. Gosh. 

On the other hand, it would be really hard for him to handle things if Babita were to pass away. I don't know if Minnie would return to him in that case. It might be a little too unconventional for ITV to show a young adult choosing to continue to live with her 'step' dad after her mother passes away or if they get divorced, maybe?

why not it isnt that unconventional too. Mini would come back for arya if not for HS as her sister would need her. I wish they had gone that route but maybe AD was not willing to play a father. Or the CVS never wanted to focus on HS mini relation and capitalize on it 

i too believe HS should just walk out. If mini leaves in anger never to return he will be living an even more hollow life. I dont understand why mini keeps expecting HS to do it for Babita and care for her when he is literally suffocating. If she dint get that from yesterdays episode then well i dont know what to say. 

tk2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Wordđź‘Ź......I'd go a step ahead and say ki ab yeh log dil ke rishte se bhi upar uth chuke hain......this is a soul connection....rooh ka rishta......souls remain connected long after all earthly and material trappings fade away. 

Finally they actualized it today.....what these two share is beyond all the dil ke rishte in this story too. 

She first felt Imarti's presence in the haveli only because of the connection she has with HS. They've always been on another level. 

I'm glad we got to see this, because now I'll at least be content with the fact that even after HS is gone, Mini will continue to have this connection with him.

Like he always carried Imarti's soul within him, Mini (in a way the legacy of Maan and Imarti) will forever carry them both in her heart.

Edited by tk2015 - 4 years ago
tk2015 thumbnail

Yes, things did start shifting a bit after that surname scene. He started noticing a bit how deep Mini’s pain ran beyond the difference in POV over the surname issue. 

This was evident in the scene with Laale also later where he again stated what he’s always noted about Mini....how much she’s like Imarti in her fearlessness. 

What’s becoming more evident in these last few epis is how much it was Mini who always impacted HS more than Babita....it’s Mini who always got through to him more as he did with her. He was going against his natural instinct and belief systems in trying to pander to Babita off late. But his true nature has always aligned more with Mini. 

Man, my love for these two grows each time I talk about them ❤️. 

Same! Weirdly, I never grow tired of talking about these two. They've made a permanent place in my heart and I don't remember the last time I was so impacted by an ITv pair like this, maybe never.

tk2015 thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

Yes the shift in HS came after that. He realized mini was having issues. With babita not working, with him supporting babita over it. He realised he needs to balance it properly. It cannot be about only babita s happiness and wish. 

Along with HS shift there was a shift in mini too who decided she dint want to go to Australia leaving her small family behind. And Babita ke Saath to there was no improvement in tge relation. It was with HS somewhat coming to his own self that made her want to stay back. 

True! Mini had a taste of what could've been because of how the three were before marriage. After that everything went haywire. She just didn't know how to react to problems anymore because nothing was going right in her head.

Then came the fights, the accusations, the angry words spilled out that caused harm like nothing else. 

When she saw a semblance of everything being normal (her and HS together tackling whichever problem came their way, or being a team again to makes Babes understand about the shop/work/etc.) she got ready to stay back. She just needed hope and HS provided it once again.

But she can't stay. She needs to build her future and I'm so glad she has HS and NB who will put a stone over their bruised hearts to send her off because it's the right thing to do. 

Edited by tk2015 - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I don’t think the issue was unconventionality. There was definitely potential for HS ka character in season 2 but I guess AD had his reasons for refusing. 

The constant bashing from certain fandoms has ultimately impacted the storylines I feel....the writers probably wanted to be freed of people constantly piling on them with accusations of “bias” and “injustice” to the actress. Babita’s character could have been wrapped up but there was plenty of meat to transition into a new story for HS-Mini building a new family with Arya. 

Even with widowing HS a second time, there was scope to keep the unconventional family vibe going. HS navigating life as a single dad....trying to be both mother father to the girls.....could have been lovely.  His equation with Mini would continue to navigate layers of past baggage and still continue to deepen. Lots could have been done. But oh well. 

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I don’t think the issue was unconventionality. There was definitely potential for HS ka character in season 2 but I guess AD had his reasons for refusing. 

The constant bashing from certain fandoms has ultimately impacted the storylines I feel....the writers probably wanted to be freed of people constantly piling on them with accusations of “bias” and “injustice” to the actress. Babita’s character could have been wrapped up but there was plenty of meat to transition into a new story for HS-Mini building a new family with Arya. 

Even with widowing HS a second time, there was scope to keep the unconventional family vibe going. HS navigating life as a single dad....trying to be both mother father to the girls.....could have been lovely.  His equation with Mini would continue to navigate layers of past baggage and still continue to deepen. Lots could have been done. But oh well. 

@bold... You know, this is making me feel that there's scope for a proper season 2 with this storyline in future. Kind of like how Netflix picks up shows, I would love it if they did this here too. So much background material to work with and explore their past, present, and future.