Frequent Posters

jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Looking forward for more :)

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Interesting.. how soon will Arnav eat his no? 

jagrutid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Thanks all ! Will write a few smaller chapters for this one in one go hopefully x 

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I loved the title of the new short story you have written.The word old fashioned love brings to mind the famous old bollywood movies of the seventies.which revolved around romance. Hero running around the girl .

I feel this going to be an interesting and entertaining story to read. A story where Arnav Will go to his home town and fall in love with a village girl kushi

Can’t wait to read more of this story

ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

So so glad that this Arnav is not opposed to marriage due to his parents  and still respects the institution of marriage.  Nani is on the hunt for someone like her whom Arnav cannot reject.  Lovely start - cannot wait to meet the soon-to-be Mrs. Raizada.

jagrutid thumbnail

Originally posted by: ManKiBaath

So so glad that this Arnav is not opposed to marriage due to his parents  and still respects the institution of marriage.  Nani is on the hunt for someone like her whom Arnav cannot reject.  Lovely start - cannot wait to meet the soon-to-be Mrs. Raizada.

Thanks hope you like this one too 

jagrutid thumbnail

Originally posted by: abivicky86

I loved the title of the new short story you have written.The word old fashioned love brings to mind the famous old bollywood movies of the seventies.which revolved around romance. Hero running around the girl .

I feel this going to be an interesting and entertaining story to read. A story where Arnav Will go to his home town and fall in love with a village girl kushi

Can’t wait to read more of this story

Do hope I can do it justice, thank you for coming back to read another one..

jagrutid thumbnail

Chapter 2

The graduate talked, Arnav listened sitting back in his office chair and Aman took notes from a corner in the office. 

Amans bit of paper had  four  tick boxes. 

Integrity 

Honesty 

Kindness

Perseverance 

Tick all four boxes and the job was his, fail anyone of them and he was out.

The county’s most prominent businessman had the most simple principles in life. 

So far the young applicant had passed 3 out of 4 but failed on the last.

Squinting his face regretfully Aman marks a cross in the very last box.

“Thank you for your time young man we”ll be in touch in the next few days.”

Spoke Arnav watching the graduate leave his office. 

At this rate it felt almost impossible to get the sort of person Arnav wanted, the boy had good business skills but ASR was always been adamant on his checklist. The problem was Arnav wanted truly good people their were only a few of those around who had both good values and business excellence.

Before Aman could go on to suggest Arnav ease his criteria ASR’s phone rang.

Aman made himself coffee whilst Arnav answered the call over his hands free. 

It was his grandmother who soon went on to talk about a girl she’d found for her grandson.

I was joking Nani” he went on to clarify.

“Hamne toh koi masak nahin kya (I wasn’t )..” says Nani 

“Okay but it’s a no already for the record”

I’ll come with you just to save face says Arnav over the handsfree in his cabin. 

When the call is over he looks towards the Aman sat in one of his office chair.

“Cut the last meeting short we’re going on a road trip.”

Where? Asks Aman a little confused. 

“Home..” replies Arnav. 

“What to Raizada house? Er why” Aman raises an eyebrow.

“No” Arnav says not quiet sure how to explain. 

Aman stopped the car once they weaved through narrow streets and a hours drive outside of the city. The plaque read Gupta house. 

“Dadi let’s not make this awkward please.” Said Arnav in the front passenger seat.

“You two just remember yey tumara sheher nahin hai.  And this is where your Nani came from so don’t judge!” 

Arnav looked in the rear mirror at his grandmother in a sigh.

“I’ll stay here” said Aman who still couldn’t get his head around the fact that Arnav Singh Raizadas grandmother was taking him to see a girl the old fashioned way. 

He was treated like royalty in this little home but he was modest, polite he smiled at the girls buaji and said he didn’t mind waiting for a little while if she was running late. 

He waited in the patio and looked around at the humble little home. Wooden swing and broken pastel colour  floor tiles beneath his feet which had pretty pattens. Plants on the old wooden ledge that looked well looked after. 

The scorching heat reminded him of the luxury he had back under his office aircon and a suit seemed less sensible now. 

He liked to think he’d keep away from his phone at this time but waiting easily turned to checking his email. 

As he did a girl in a simple yellow dress..pale complexion and expressive eyes scurried towards the house. A canvas bag hanging from her shoulder she stops in the alley way for the children playing cricket who surround her she always had sweets and so now it had become a bit of a habit.

Arnav may have not seen but Aman certainly had. He watched her adore the little children and they adored her. 

“One for you, one for you.. and one for you” she said ruffling hair, tickerling the little toddlers under the chin. 

“Kindness” said Aman has he looked on from the window of his car, if this was Khushi then she certainly ticked the first box. 

Later he watched her enter the house she missed Arnav looking into her bag and he missed her for he had his back turned and eyes glued to probably AR’s shares. 

Aman sighed, so much for not wanting it to be awkward it might not have been if the pair of them were more attentive. 

When Khushi entered the house her buaji dragged her away after quickly introducing her to Nani. 

“Hey Bhagvan (Dear god ).. kaha thi tum ! Aur kya hal bana rakha hai.  She looked at Khushi who looked a little dusty. Her hair a little scruffy. “Theekh ho ke bahar Jahon, mehman he bahar une sharbat de aaoon.”

(Tidy up and take some lemonade out to the the guest in the porch) 

Khushi had no idea why Buaji was making a fuss of her every other girl in the village looked as scruffy. 

When she did walk out though she tidied up to so to speak she didn’t want to her buaji moan on at her anymore than she had already. 

“Sharbat” (lemonade) he heard a voice behind him and turned around. 

He saw a slender looking girl with a milky complexion, silky long hair and with funny hair grips. She was concentrating on carrying the tray so he saw what he could of her and that wasn’t much. 

“I’ll take the water”

Atcha hai, nimbu pani mein chini Hai, (Just as well I put sugar in the lemonade even though buaji told me not to”) 

Aman from a far smiled, from what he could make of it, it seemed as if the girl had ticked the honesty box. 

Arnav took the water from the tray  and she turned away. He raised an eyebrow, was that it he thought, she was leaving.

It was clear that she had no clue what was going on here.  It seemed no one had told the poor girl what was going on. 

“Ruko (Wait)..” he says wondering what he could say to her which could keep her here for a moment or two more without making it too obvious. 

When his mind failed him the sound of her anklets got his attention.

In that one moment Arnav got a better view of Khushi as she turned back to him. she had hazel eyes, simple and elegant features, she was a pretty lady  at least from what he could see anyway but what struck him was the feeling he got around her . 

There was no falsehood, no pretence, she took two steps back to him waiting to hear why he’d stopped her. Her steps drew his attention to her anklets. She had small milky toned feet.

He noticed that her right foot was in a bandaged.

“What happened to your feet?” She didn’t quite understand the English but she did understand what his eyes were asking. 

The floor in the house is uneven I cut myself.” She said like it was nothing in a Hindi as pure as his grandmothers but a little softer and chirpy. 

That ought to hurt he thought to himself and she still managed to walk on it.

She left and for some reason he was still thinking about her. 

She had perseverance thought Aman from a far.   

“ Her energy was positive and calm, nothing like he got around others god What a earth was he thinking?

He’d spent enough time entertaining his Nani, it was time to leave! 

He eyed his Nani for a  moment who was still talking to madumati telling her he needed to get back to work, but before walking to the car he wanted to take one last glance to see if he could see Khushi. Why did it matter he then thought, took two steps towards the car and then turned back. There was something that made him think. 

“You’re grandfather left his hanker-chief which meant he had to come back for it” 

Arnav remembered Nani telling him about the way his grandfather.

Arnav lingered for a moment turned to the wooden swing on the porch, thought for a second. Put his hands into his pocket took out his wallet and placed it there before heading to the car.

Aman who had been watching nodded, ASR was a tough cookie either he was testing her or going to take his time to make his mind up.

When Arnav entered the car aman tried to stay quite, Nani said nothing other than she liked Khushi.

“I think she ticks all the boxes” said Aman to which ASR told him to keep his eyes on the road. 

The evening for Arnav Singh Raizada was a few drinks at the bar with Aman.

It wasn’t long before Lavanya had found them, Arnav rolled his eyes “shouldn’t you still be in the office? He raised an eyebrow. “Come and Arnav give or take a few mins can’t we.. she said flirtatiously” 

“ May I join you?” Lavanya was a pretty lady but he just didn’t like her sneaky undertone. 

He left the bar on that note drive back home gave him room to think. 

That evening when Arnav returned home from the office  his Nani was quick to comment.

“If you had a wife she would have made sure you didn’t drive that car after where you’ve been” he’s had a drink. 

Nani was right as she was about most things.

He sat down at the table his Nani was cutting fruit over. Whilst there was no one around in Raizada house he wanted to mention something and reply to the stubble hints his Nani had been dropping since yesterday.

Maybe she was right maybe he was missing out on something in life.

“I left my wallet at Gupta house.. on purpose, when Khushi returns it, it will give her opportunity to think about what she makes of me.”

Nani was pleasantly surprised and knew what that meant, maybe her grandson wasn’t a lost cause after all. 

Next chapter:

“Make sure you give it to him and no one else won’t you” emphasised Khushis bua pretending she hadn’t spoken to Arnavs grandmother at all about this.  Khushi put Arnavs wallet in her bag and headed for the bus, what a inconvenience she thought but at least she’d get to see the city.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

So Arnav was itching for another meeting.  Khushi has already made an impression.

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

What is the age gap between Arnav and Khushi here ? I guess it would at least be 10 years, is Arnav worried about that ? Would it matter to Khushi ?