•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Ujda Chaman opened around 1 Crore and Bala opened around 9 Crores. Both movies have a similar story and Bala had the disadvantage of releasing one week later. 

Now nobody can deny that Ayushmann does have 🌟 value.

Udta chaman  had no known face come one no male or female  how can they will earn more on that basis if some one was known in movie could have done better 

Originally posted by Karankhanna

Udta chaman  had no known face come one no male or female  how can they will earn more on that basis if some one was known in movie could have done better 

well that is the point, content being the king is half truth, content needs a face too. 

It was bound to happen. As much as anyone deny, Ayushmaan has gained credibility and is reliability in terms of pulling audience to the theater.

has abyone , watched both these movies ?? I somehow felt ujda was better from the promos... 

Originally posted by VintageWine

has abyone , watched both these movies ?? I somehow felt ujda was better from the promos... 

shy was saying Udta Chaman was poor while Bala was decent with a fun first half and kinda off dramatic average second half.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

well that is the point, content being the king is half truth, content needs a face too. 

this says it all

i guess no other argument or debate holds valid anymore

this just sums it up beautifully

Going by content alone, I would say Chaman came across as a very cheap character, similar to Pyar ke Punchnama types. While Ayushman ensured his character was more nuanced with all shades, flawed but still likeable.  He seems to have cracked the comedy code with social issues and family drama. 

In addition to script sense, he also knows how to recommend good cast for his movies like Badhai Ho, BKB.  This being an Amar  Kaushik -Dinesh Vijan movie, I had better hopes from this one in terms of content and execution. 

Edited by Shailesh_Rathi - 4 years ago

My friend watched Ujda Chaman and Bala both. She said after watching Bala, Ujda Chaman comes across like a cheap remake of Bala. Bala does the first half well, second half meanders a bit but still good. Ujda Chaman tries to crack jokes that fail and just meanders about throughout the movie. On her recommendation, I'm going to watch Bala only.

She gave Bala a 3.5 out of 5 and Ujda Chaman a 2 out of 5.

I do have to agree though. Ayushmann has his own aura and pull. His choice of movies in the past few years has been good and it's hard-pressed to find a flaw in that. Yeah his earlier choices were a bit shaky, but he did good work even in those.

Edited by Minionite - 4 years ago

Originally posted by VintageWine

I have and Bala is better. Both content wise and acting wise.