Most unaffected by box-office flops? - Page 2

Poll Question :

Choose the star whose popularity remains unaffected despite box-office flops?

Poll Choice
Sonam Kapoor
Siddharth Malhotra
Sonakshi Sinha
Parineeti Chopra
Arjun Kapoor
Login To Vote
Posted: 4 years ago

you did not put  Saif Ali Khan ...I mean who keeps giving that guy movies to star in?

Originally posted by CriticusExpert

you did not put  Saif Ali Khan ...I mean who keeps giving that guy movies to star in?

Longest running flop actor.

Originally posted by CriticusExpert

You got that right... If rumours are to be believed he arm twisted the producers of his last two films and pushed for a theatrical release when the producers wanted to release the films direct to digital. Despite the back to back flops he still got clout and power to do this. 

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago

Most affected is Parineeti Chopra. The others are least affected. Reasons are obvious.

It's no use taking Sonam's line-up or lack thereof as an indication of her being jobless. 

She's not one to lots of movies per year. Most often than not she'll  star in 1 to 2 movies. 

Also she has had a hit per year since 2013  (2019 being the exception) and even then she managed to stay relevant either by her work and appareances outside movies or by the choice of movies she has made. 

Some of her movies might not have been hits but she's still the -or one of the central characters.

She didn't manage to stay relavant by luck or chance but thanks to her care'er choices and persona.

Contrary to the others she stars in small-to-medium-budgeted movies and not with the biggest banners out there so really she doesn't deserve to be up there in this list with the others.

Sonam..coz her popularity and relevance doesn't solely depend on her movies..still her kinda movies like Aisha, khoobsurat, VDW manage to find n audience

Originally posted by Lulzbolly

Someone hasn't watched Neerja. No other actress could have done what she did in that movie. She is not overacting Ki Dukan unlike Alia.

A review on IMDB applauded director that he didn't allow sonam to slip into her natural acting shoes even once and made that movie great.