It was a task ....why bring gender issue here

Posted: 4 years ago

I am sorry but people are unnecessarily making it about a gender issue.

It was a task where everyone is  bound to get hurt coz the task itself was designed to snatch and collect. There was no way this task was going to be done peacefully.

As Himanshi said everyone got hurt irrespective of being a girl or a boy.

Coming to Mahira- Sid S in this task

Sid S is tall and bulky and that goes against him all the time. How is he supposed to play such a task which requires physical force. Just coz the person against him is fragile, is he not supposed to give his best?. In this forum, people call him saand, hulk and a bully....mainly coz of his size .

Next coming to Mahira, she got hurt catching the sack which Sid S had held on to. Obviously the more powerful one will win the round. She got hurt and rightfully got upset. Sid S should have apologized to her then and there and also helped her.

Instead Mahira accused him of pushing her which worked against her in WKV. Then came the Paras push which was immediately after that and Sid S retaliated too.

Mahira too pushed Shefali and then asked her to not touch her.

All I want to say is both went wrong and playing aggressively happens with both parties . Everyone got hurt This was dragged like a chewing gum .

Now coming to Rashmi, she is an entitled hypocrite who thinks she can do no wrong. She can interrupt , target, talk about anyone but if anyone else does the same, they have no class or are mannerless

her language is even more vile.

Devo can talk potty talk, hit , Mahira can push and give gaali's, Paras can demean women with words, Rashmi can talk crap , go to someones family, Sana can call someone "wh+re", Sid S can demean women, Asim too, 

Basically all of them have been the same , but why glorify one and put down another when all parties have been involved in mud slinging and bad behavior. I don't understand why drag the gender issue.

There have been so many seasons where such tasks has happened where physical force has to be used and be it guys or gals they all used to give their best and have done well too. I didn't see many playing the woman card or the man card.

Because the tasks are 3rd class and outright disgusting- not taking into consideration that physical abilities of genders are not equal, — this is my reply to your question on the title. 

Mahaan sid s didn't even think to say sorry for once.. Even if you unknowingly do some mistake you're supposed to say sorry. That's the issue. 

The question could be reversed like why he didn't let go knowing that he could end up hurting her. Both were wrong and mahira deserved to get the same treatment like mr. Shukla. 

Edited by s2397 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by s2397

Mahaan sid s didn't even think to say sorry for once.. Even if you unknowingly do some mistake you're supposed to say sorry. That's the issue. 

The question could be reversed like why he didn't let go knowing that he could end up hurting her. Both were wrong and mahira deserved to get the same treatment like mr. Shukla. 

I wonder why Salman didn't ask Shukla why he hasn't apologized, even today!! What a big ego he has. 

Edited by soap_fan - 4 years ago

Because just having next level strength doesn’t mean using it fully - there’s something called moderation - which others in that house manage, and Shukla doesn’t even try. Just because you’re in a task which is physical does not mean you’re absolved of the basic need to regulate your own strength to ensure others don’t get hurt. The other guys in that house manage to regulate their strength like normal people - this shit happens only with Shukla for a reason. 

He acted like an utter ass - she fell, he didn’t give a shit - and then he mocked and made fun of her post that. A little bit of emotional intelligence is not too much to ask of someone his age (not in numbers, but he’s not a child and I expect a level of maturity) - she was upset and talking nonsense - he could’ve apologized for his part in it. But that is way too much to ask given his stupidity and ego - and given his hatred of Mahira. She targets him? Ok - what the hell was he doing the day before with her in the kitchen?

The problem is not that Sallu bashed Mahira - it’s what he said and implied. He was literally an apologist for aggression - and told her not to have crossed Shukla’s path at all. That’s not ok - not at all. 

As for the rest - “glorifying one and putting the others down” - that’s happening both on weekends and outside - and the one being glorified is Shukla, despite having been plenty in the wrong himself all week. 

Edited by SP2684 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by s2397

That's why I said everyone in that house has been wrong, done wrong or spoken wrong. 

This task issue wasn't a issue at all. There was no gender issue in the task, they all got hurt.

Mahira too did not fall coz Sid S pushed her, its coz they both grabbed the same sack and the more powerful person got it and the lesser one got hurt.

That was it.

Its our bias that's making us say one is right and the other is wrong when both have done wrong.

Originally posted by SP2684

Because just having next level strength doesn’t mean using it fully - there’s something called moderation - which others in that house manage, and Shukla doesn’t even try. Just because you’re in a task which is physical does not mean you’re absolved of the basic need to regulate your own strength to ensure others don’t get hurt. The other guys in that house manage to regulate their strength like normal people - this shit happens only with Shukla for a reason. 

He acted like an utter ass - she fell, he didn’t give a shit - and then he mocked and made fun of her post that. A little bit of emotional intelligence is not too much to ask of someone his age (not in numbers, but he’s not a child and I expect a level of maturity) - she was upset and talking nonsense - he could’ve apologized for his part in it. But that is way too much to ask given his stupidity and ego - and given his hatred of Mahira. She targets him? Ok - what the hell was he doing the day before with her in the kitchen?

The problem is not that Sallu bashed Mahira - it’s what he said and implied. He was literally an apologist for aggression - and told her not to have crossed Shukla’s path at all. That’s not ok - not at all. 

As for the rest - “glorifying one and putting the others down” - that’s happening both on weekends and outside - and the one being glorified is Shukla, despite having been plenty in the wrong himself all week. 

Absolutely agree but again you are only talking about Sid S's wrong doings here. Am I to assume that others aren't doing wrong?

why aren't posts being made that condemn those acts too. is it because you are supporting them or is it because they are doing it with the contestant you detest?

Originally posted by tina59

Absolutely agree but again you are only talking about Sid S's wrong doings here. Am I to assume that others aren't doing wrong?

why aren't posts being made that condemn those acts too. is it because you are supporting them or is it because they are doing it with the contestant you detest?

Everyone will not comment about everything - it is anyone’s choice what they want to pen their views on. Each to their own. 

I talked about Shukla’s because he’s the one that was pathetically white-washed today. And that is the story of every weekend pretty much. 

What I find wrong - I’ll say - sometimes I don’t have the time or inclination to point out everything. I think the age-shaming should’ve had a mention today, for example. And I think Tehseen should’ve been told off for what he said re Asim too. 

Mostly though - I think Shukla needs to be blasted - for what is a very long list. And even more importantly - what shouldn’t be happening is the message Sallu sent out today - ke everyone needs to adjust to accommodate Shukla’s crap. Whether it’s his aggression, his kaamchori, or anything else. 

It doesn't even call for a gender issue as anyone who's strong should use force moderately and not be so strong that anyone else gets hurt. Sid should know when to stop but he doesn't care and hence he grabbed the sack with full force. Not touching or touching her is not the issue but causing harm purposely is and this task was such that everyone got hurt while Shukla and Shehnaaz were two HMs who did it on purpose while others got hurt while throwing sacks and boxes or by mistake. Just imagine you grabbing something from a person and that person goes and hits something which causes an accident, who will be held responsible then? This is how accidents take place.

Yes, Mahira also pushed him on purpose later and started pulling Asim's shorts which was wrong but I don't support the grabbing sack incident. You shouldn't be using so much force just for some stupid task. 

I disagree about adjusting the way you play based on others person's height and weight esp in a competitive environment.

It's like because you are bulky, you cannot play the way you want. 

You are exactly saying what Salman is saying just the reverse.

When Salman says coz u r fragile , stay away .same way you are saying coz u r bulky and tall, you adjust a certain way. 

For me both were terribly wrong with the way they handled this issue . I can also safely say that every single contestant has spoken, done wrong. 

It's our bias period that's making us pick sides. otherwise in the BB house , everyone has been wrong at certain point or task.