Debate Mansion

whats indians obsession with white people/Skin?

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

the only reason indians are dying over Hrithik is becasue he looks white af 

the dude even painted himself brown to play a character but the audience ate it up..becasue its a white skin dude.. in hollywood he'd be accused of black face 

be proud of your skin.. the funny thing is i visited india and you could barely find the skin tone of most of the bollywood actors let alone a guy like Hrithik Roshan

im not saying there arent people with the skin colour of Roshan but its like 1% or someshit 

and to go further ive seen in some bollywood films where they make fun of dark skin people and act like its something normal to joke about 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

HR is not exactly fair. If only you belonged to far north of India, you would understand what fair skin means. HR is fairer than many of his contemporaries but if you are saying people fall for his skin color then you must be blind. He looks heavenly, his features are sharp and don't get me started on his droolworthy eyes. And you can't discredit him for his success only because he looks better than most of current gen actors too.

Also, I don't think all Indians are obsessed with fair skin, you just can't generalize. I won't say that this love for fair tone doesn't exist at all but not everyone is drowning in such obsession. 

I think the obsession has more to do with BW celebs promoting skin lightening products and people fall for it as general public idolize them and if they are promoting something, people tend to follow that but now people have started to get confident with their natural skin tone and even many skin lightening products have changed the content of their advertising. Again some credit to SM who created awareness among people.

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Hritik will be hot anywhere in the whole world, it’s not about skin for him. He has very handsome features that most men anywhere in the world will have a hard time reaching up to. 

Kara_R thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Umm hello... I'm white and Hrithik is totally a DILF 😂😂😂

Edited by Kara_R - 4 years ago
surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kara_R

Umm hello... I'm white and Hrithik is totally a DILF 😂😂😂

There is a difference between Indian fair and Caucasian white. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

HR is not that fair. people like him because of his aura, screen presence, acting and good looks not because of his skintone. 

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Actually there are better examples to make that point than using Hrithik. I am pretty sure if he was black, he wouldn’t be considered half as attractive as he is now. But that’s just a speculation. Besides, it’s not just Indians. In my limited experience, pretty much everyone is “obsessed” ( may not be the right word) with white skin, some choose to be more PC or discreet about it and try to rationalize their bias by saying every race has some attractive people and some ugly people, without mentioning how much that “some” actually is according to them.

Kara_R thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

That's not how I heard it. See direct quote below:

"the only reason indians are dying over Hrithik is becasue he looks white af"...

Originally posted by: surajhere

There is a difference between Indian fair and Caucasian white. 

-sakeena- thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

agar aisa hai phr toh India mein sabko neil nitin mukesh pr marna chahye .. 😉

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Then niel nithin Mukesh would be a superstar