Posted: 4 years ago

Nice story would love to read more 

Add me plz in your buddy list

New Reader alert!!! :p

Interesting start...

Waiting to read more...

Both work in the cut throat hedge (?) fund business...Look forward to fun clash 😉

Ps. Thank you RB for the link

Chapter 2 - Reflections

She had to give it Raizada this time. He had outdone himself by a long shot, she thought as she went over her notes from the meeting. Mr.Jackass had swooped in on her deal and made an offer to Khandelwal which she couldn’t match. If it was any solace, winner’s curse was the bane of their line of work and as far as her calculations went, this deal made no sense at all. Mr.Khandelwal had seemed pretty comfortable with their deal terms until this afternoon when he suddenly quoted an offer that was thirty percent higher. She didn’t blame the man, anyone would gawk at money like that. What didn’t make sense was the constant mine-is-bigger-than-yours competition every single time. And that too, coming from a man like Raizada, who was smarter than your average cocaine-snorting banker. She was never sure when he had found a detail she missed against when he was merely messing with her. Either way, it wasn’t time to go without a fight. Unfortunately, she only had one night to save the deal.

She rubbed her eyes and crossed her legs, sticking another jalebi from the pile Payal left at her desk. She had always marveled at Payal’s ability to exist in this mad world without losing her mind. She had greeted Khushi with a plate of jalebis and a sympathetic ear as she ranted about the day’s events. She heard the conference room open and her boss walked in, looking displeased and battered.

“Please tell me you’ve found a way to save this deal, Khushi.” He said, flopping down in the chair and staring at the huge screen with numbers sprawling all over it. Rishabh was an almost-gentle, elderly man who headed their small team of ten associates at CrossBridge Capital. Khushi knew that while he was not known to raise his voice easily, he could be pretty intimidating.

“I’m sorry Sir, if the offer we know is right, there is no way we can compete with them.” She hung her head in defeat. “Maybe we should drum up the price a bit just to sour it a bit”, she added half- jokingly.

“Yeah as if the committee will let me off the hook for that stunt. Alright, let’s go through these numbers once more before killing it.” He said as he pulled out his phone to disconnect the call but looked up to Khushi with a puzzled expression.

“It’s from Sky Capital. I hope they’re not calling to brag.”He sighed and stepped out.

Arnav wondered if this could be any worse. He had almost secured them the deal when their boss got cold feet and deduced that it was “too risky and expensive.” Sky Capital’s board had refused to go ahead with the investment without a co-investor. They had chosen to call the next one in the process, Crossbridge, who had of-course brought their favorite VP, Khushi, to close the deal. He knew he should be thankful that the deal wasn’t entirely scrapped but watching Khushi smile almost non-stop throughout the day had driven him up the wall.

However, in the end, deal closure meant bonus and it was alright to share a bit of it with the witch, he thought as he idly sipped his drink. Hopefully, he’d have a couple of more whiskeys and spend his weekend catching up on all the lost sleep. It was then that he noticed her, sitting on one the couches. It took him a couple of moments to fully register that she was not alone though. Next to her was a tall man with his arm around her, but he couldn't see his face from this vantage point. He didn’t know if it was the alcohol or just the tiredness catching up with him, but she seemed different… almost happy, as she spoke animatedly to the man. Sure, there were telltale signs of exhaustion beneath her eyes which the makeup could only hide so well. But there was a strange sense of comfort as she sat so snugly with whoever this man was. Her long hair was drawn to one side and the pearl sheen of the sari reflected little angles of the dim restaurant light. He looked away and closed his eyes, crinkling his brow. He knew that look from somewhere. Of course, it was his Di and Jijaji – how she lit up when he was around. He had always apprised the dependence she had on her husband as a sign of weakness and surrender. Yet suddenly, a wave of loneliness washed over him and the remaining dregs of achievement slipped away. He called an Uber and walked away, blaming it all on the tiredness. He could use some sleep.

Edited by Sur_01 - 4 years ago

Seems like there's vacuum in Arnav's personal life despite his many accomplishments in bagging huge deals.  Will be looking forward to see him enjoy the same satisfaction in his personal life.

I am not going to be impuslive in assuming that the "her" is Khushi. So will hold my comments on Khushi except the one thing that it was definitely a proud moment for her, co-sharing sealing the deal on the project, alongside Arnav.

I am going to wait to see how you are going to shape this story.

Seems like they will be working together very soon. Who is this guy with her?

Awww!!! Poor Arnav 

Loved the super power packed update!!!!

BM 

Intriguing start 

Edited by Ecrivain - 4 years ago