Welcome pplz

2 da FANCLUB OF USHER

who???😕

USHER RAYMOND..

well Usher Raymond IV 2 b precise😳

da hott n handsum RnB singer...😳

who makez u go "yeah"😉

Bkground info (source: wikipedia.com)

Usher Raymond IV (born October 14, 1978) is a five-time Grammy Award-winning American R&B and pop singer, dancer, and actor who rose to fame in the mid-late 1990s. To date, he has sold approximately 20.4 million albums in the U.S. and over 35 million worldwide. His 2004 album, Confessions, sold 1.1 million copies in the United States in its first week of release—setting a record for the most number of records sold in week for an R&B artist and has sold 15 million copies worldwide.

[edit] Early life

Usher's parents are Usher Raymond III and Jonetta Patton, who lived in Dallas, Texas at the time of his birth. [1]; Usher was primarily raised by his mother, who relocated the family from Chattanooga to Atlanta, Georgia when he was a child. Usher's mother focused family life around her faith and religion.

Usher started singing in the church choir, and soon his singing talents were noticed. As early as junior high school, Usher began entering local talent shows in which he won by unanimous vote.

[edit] Usher

Usher 1994.
Usher (1994).

At age 13, Raymond was performing at a Star Search audition when he was spotted by an A&R rep from LaFace Records who arranged an audition with L.A. Reid. A record contract with the company soon followed and in late-1993, "Call Me a Mack," a song recorded for the movie soundtrack of John Singleton's Poetic Justice, entered the U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Chart.

In August 1994, LaFace released Usher's self-titled debut album. Heavily involved in the project was Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs, who produced several of the albums tracks and co-executive produced the album. Usher peaked at number twenty-five on the R&B Albums chart - spinning off three singles: "Can U Get Wit It," "Think Of You," and "The Many Ways." Though the album was moderately successful and garnered Usher attention with urban listeners, it wasn't a runaway hit and went virtually unnoticed by pop audiences. Some critics, meanwhile, criticized Usher for its quasi-adult theme coming from a then sixteen year old singer. Usher, himself, later admitted that he wasn't fully comfortable with the direction of the album. The album was not a huge success. In America the album sold 48,000 copies and worldwide sales of nearly 100,000. Sales were initially lower than expected.

Over the next three years, Usher honed his skills as a stage performer, concentrated on graduating from high school, and laid the groundwork for his second album. Meanwhile, he was heard on "Let's Straighten It Out", a 1995 duet with fellow Atlanta teen recording artist Monica; and 1996's "Dreamin'","the first single from Rhythm of the Games, LaFace's Olympic Games benefit album.

[edit] My Way

My Way 1997.
My Way (1997).

Usher developed a friendship with Jermaine Dupri, with whom he co-wrote and produced several tracks for his sophomore album, My Way (executive produced by L.A. Reid, Babyface, and Dupri.) The advance single, "You Make Me Wanna" was serviced to radio in summer 1997 and hit number one in its second week out—the same week that the album was released. "You Make Me Wanna" stayed on top of the R&B/Hip-Hop track charts for a total of 11 weeks (the longest-charting R&B hit in more than 3 years) and at #2 on the Pop charts for 7 weeks (second only to Elton John's "Candle In the Wind".) The single remained on the R&B chart for an unprecedented 71 weeks and became Usher's first platinum single. The albums second single, "Nice & Slow," was released in November, and in January 1998 peaked at #1 on the Hot 100 Singles Chart for two weeks, as well as #1 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart for eight weeks. The following summer, the albums title track peaked #2 pop/#4 R&B.

Beginning in the closing months of 1997, Raymond hit the road on a series of engagements including a spot on Puffy's No Way Out tour, dates with Mary J. Blige, and the opening spot on Janet Jackson's The Velvet Rope tour. My Way, meanwhile, was certified 6x platinum in the United States alone. Interim, Usher received his first Grammy Award nomination as "Best Male R&B Vocal Performance" for "You Make Me Wanna," which was also nominated for a Soul Train Music Award as "Best Male R&B/Soul Single".

Usher made his acting debut on the UPN television series Moesha, which resulted in a recurring role on the series and subsequently his first leading film role in 1998's, The Faculty. Usher's extracurricular activities outside of the recording studio gathered momentum over the following year as he was cast in the daytime drama The Bold and the Beautiful and was seen in the family series Promised Land. He completed two more films, She's All That, and his first starring role in Light It Up. He also appeared in the Disney TV movie "Geppetto" with Drew Carey. Usher also became involved community activities, such as being a role model to youth; he served as national spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Transportation's "Get Big On Safety" campaign; and appeared on NBC's NBA Inside Stuff. He also participated in the NBA "Stay In School" program and performed at several of the franchises' jamborees entertaining students while showing them the importance of education.

Raymond's first concert album, Live was released in 1999—which featured Lil' Kim, Jagged Edge, Trey Lorenz, Shanice, Twista, and Manuel Seal.

[edit] 8701

8701 (2001).

The album 8701 (named for the years of his career at that point (1987-2001), and for its release date of August 7, 2001, or 8/7/01) was Usher's next album. The song "Pop Ya Collar", produced and co-written by Kevin "She'kspere" Briggs, was released in Europe in early[2001 and became a #2 hit in the UK. In the US, "U Remind Me" (produced by Philadelphia's Edmund "Eddie Hustle" Clement) was chosen as the album's first single. Exactly one month before the album's release, "U Remind Me" hit #1 on the U.S. Hot 100, staying on top of the charts for 4 weeks.

One month after the album's release, "U Got It Bad," a "slow jam" written by Usher, Dupri and Brian Cox entered the charts and eventually peaked on the top of the charts (6 weeks), while staying at #1 of the R&B/Hip-Hop tracks chart for further 7 weeks. "U-Turn" was the fourth international single followed by "U Don't Have To Call". "U Don't Have To Call" was the third U.S. single and one of two album tracks produced by the Neptunes, which kept the heat on the singles charts into 2002, reaching the top 3. Usher also joined P. Diddy and Loon and contributed vocals to Diddy's song "I Need a Girl,".

By that time, "Can U Help Me" (a collaboration with hitmakers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis) was released as the fourth US single from 8701 in late-summer 2002. To date the album had past 4x platinum, selling more than 8 million copies worldwide. The year closed out with an trio of dramatic TV series appearances, all in November, on "The Twilight Zone," "7th Heaven," and Dick Clark's "American Dreams" (portraying Marvin Gaye).

Because of Grammy deadline peculiarities of eligibility, "U Remind Me" was able to win the Best Male R&B Vocal award at the ceremonies in February 2002; and "U Don't Have To Call" won the same award at the ceremonies one year later, making Usher the only artist besides Luther Vandross (more than a decade before) and Stevie Wonder (back in the 1970s) to win that award in consecutive years.

[edit] Confessions

Confessions 2004.
Confessions (2004).

After months of recording Raymond's fourth studio album Confessions was released on March 23, 2004 - just as the Lil Jon produced single "Yeah!" was in its sixth week at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and fifth week on top of the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart. The album's 1.1 million unit first week was not only the highest first week numbers ever scanned by a male R&B artist in Soundscan's 13-year history (breaking R. Kelly's record of 540k for TP-2.com back in 2000) – but also the highest first week scans by any male artist since Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP (also in 2000, with 1.7 million units). Following this, the album became one of the most successful records of the year, topping the world charts for several weeks and eventually selling more than 15 million copies all over the globe. [2]

This success was simultaneously extended by the releases of the album's second single, "Burn", and third single, "Confessions Part II", which once again topped Billboard's Hot 100 for further ten weeks and made Usher the third lead artist in pop music history - but the first solo artist - to have three singles inside the Hot 100's top 10, since The Beatles in 1964 and the Bee Gees in 1978. In September 2004, "My Boo", Usher's first collaboration with singer Alicia Keys (which was included on a Special Edition, released a half year after the original version) also peaked at number one and gave him a total of twenty-eight weeks on top of the U.S. charts in 2004. In the December of the same year another single made its way to the top 10, when the album's final single "Caught Up" peaked at number 8. The track also was used as the lead single of the Rhythm City CD/DVD, Usher released in March 2005 with a few previously unreleased tracks and a short motion picture.

In the meantime Usher was recognized with a number of awards, including two MTV Awards for "Best Male R&B Artist", three World Music Awards ("Best Male Artist", "Best Male Pop Artist" and "Best R&B Artist"), two Source Hip-Hop Music Awards ("Male R&B Artist of the Year" and "R&B/Rap Collaboration of the Year", a Nordic Music Award, three Radio Music Awards, four American Music Awards and two more MTV Europe Music Awards. At the 2005 Grammy Awards ceremony, Usher also won three Grammy awards, including "R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals" ("My Boo" with Alicia Keys), "Rap/Sung Collaboration" ("Yeah!") and "Contemporary R&B Album" (Confessions).

In spring 2005 Usher's work entered the top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100 when "Lovers and Friends", with Ludacris and Lil Jon, was released as the second single from Lil Jon's album Crunk Juice. The track eventually managed to peak at #3 on the U.S. singles chart. Around the same time Usher also finished working on his motion picture In the Mix, a crime-comedy, in which he portrayed the leading role Darrell, a DJ. Released on November 23, 2005, the film performed poorly at the box office, and failed to earn critical acclaim (the film was at one point voted #2 in the IMDb bottom 100).

[edit] Currently (2006-present)

On August 22, 2006, Usher took over the role of Billy Flynn in the long-running Broadway musical Chicago. Critical response to his appearance has been mixed; his singing and dancing received more positive reviews, while his acting received negative notices. [3]

Raymond's next album is scheduled for a mid 2007 release. The album will feature production from Jermaine Dupri, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Rich Harrison, Dre & Vidal, Robin Thicke, Ryan Leslie, and Swizz Beatz and will feature rapper Jay-Z.[4] [5]

[edit] Discography

Main article: Usher discography

[edit] Albums

Usher
August 30, 1994
#167 (US)
My Way
September 16, 1997
#16 (UK); #4 (US)
Live
March 23, 1999
#73 (US)
August 7, 2001
#1 (UK); #4 (US)
Confessions
March 23, 2004
#1 (UK); #1 (US)

[edit] Filmography

[edit] Films

1998: The Faculty 1999: She's All That 1999: Light It Up 2001: Texas Rangers 2005: In the Mix
  • 2006: The Ballad of Walter Holmes

[edit] Television

1997-1999: Moesha 1998: The Bold and the Beautiful 2000: Geppetto 2001: 7th Heaven 2002: The Twilight Zone
  • 2003: Soul Food

[edit] DVD

2002: Usher Live Evolution 8701 2005: Usher - Unauthorized 2005: Rhythm City Volume One: Caught Up 2005: Usher: Glamorous Life 2005: Behind The Truth: Truth Tour - Live 2005: Through The Eyes Of A Showbiz Dad
  • 2007:

[edit] Music Videos

1993: "Call Me A Mack" 1994: "Can U Get Wit It" 1995: "The Many Ways" 1995: "Think Of You" 1997: "You Make Me Wanna" 1997: "Nice & Slow" 1998: "My Way" 2001: "U Remind Me" 2001: "U Got It Bad" 2002: "U Don't Have To Call" 2004: "Yeah" 2004: "Burn" 2004: "Confessions Part II" 2004: "My Boo"
  • 2005: "Caught Up"

[edit] Awards

For more details on this topic, see Usher awards and nominations.

[edit] Us Records

In 2005, Usher announced that he was beginning his own record label, Us Records. The first three signees are rapper Rico Love, R&B group One Chance, and R&B solo artist Ryon Lovett. The first album from the label, One Chance's Private, is expected to be released on February 13, 2007. Rico Love's The 5th Element is expected to be released in early 2007.

[edit] Trivia

In late 2001, Usher was among the many artists who participated in the recording of the 9/11-charity single "What More Can I Give" written and composed by Michael Jackson. As a child, Usher was trained by 3-time World Karate Champion and future WCW superstar Ernest Miller. In 2004, Usher became the first artist in 34 years to top the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart four times in a year. He was part of the launch of a celebrity debit card. The Usher Raymond 4th Debit MasterCard, issued by Bankfirst in 2004. Chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's 21 Hottest Stars in 1999. Usher once made a mistake when he introduced Album of the Year award winner Bob Dylan as "Bill" during the award telecast. Usher has stated that he is a big fan of Reggaeton (particularly Daddy Yankee and Tego Calderon.) This led him to make a reggaeton remix of "Yeah". In 1994, Usher participated in a group collaboration with other male vocalists called "Black Men United," which recorded a song called "U Will Know" for the Jason's Lyric soundtrack. Usher is part-owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers professional basketball team. He also owns property in Solon, Ohio. In 2006, "Weird Al" Yankovic parodied "Confessions II" with a track entitled "Confessions III."
  • Was the first choice for CC White in Dreamgirls.

Der u go ppl... 😳 enjoy..

~btw i own ALL hiz cdz n dvdz so yall can ask me nething😳~

*under conztruction*

luv.. Celina

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Celina7 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
**BOOKED 4 FURTHER POSTS**
Celina7 thumbnail

~Memberz List~

Celina7
Noor_64
-xx-Roohani-xx-
miss_srk
filmigirl12693
shahidlover24
AbhayVakil_1992

Edited by Celina7 - 17 years ago
noorejahaan thumbnail
USHEERRRRRRR!! omg *faint*..u totally read mah mind bout an Usher FC, girl!! add me innnnn! 😳 i freakin luv him.. 😉
RohaniChopda thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG!I was soooo obssesed with him 3 years ago.Me and ma besties used go CRAZYY!

Im soo IN! 😳
Celina7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -xx-Roohani-xx-

OMG!I was soooo obssesed with him 3 years ago.Me and ma besties used go CRAZYY!

Im soo IN! 😳

haha ya man i own.. everything of hiz😳 i used 2 b CRAZYYYYYYYY but den it calmed down n now der it iz all ova agen😆

Celina7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Noor_64

USHEERRRRRRR!! omg *faint*..u totally read mah mind bout an Usher FC, girl!! add me innnnn! 😳 i freakin luv him.. 😉

lolz yup im juz on a roll wit deez fcz inni? lolz😆😳

missmalika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hey cici
I am in
I love his songs but cant remember one 😆
but I know that he is a good singer so count me in 😉
Celina7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: miss_srk

hey cici