Posted: 4 years ago

Hey peeps I got this fun thought yesterday to increase forum activity. let us share our nankatai experience , I mean cooking adventures. you are most welcome to give any easy tips and recipes too..

though I have had many misadventures in the kitchen, I will share my mos reason one. lately i decided to try by hand in baking. of course I went to a bread baking class too. the cinnamon rolls I baked, a week after i attended the class was good, may be a bit under cooked seeing that they came out as fair maidens rather than browned beauties. But my son loved it and preferred it to the brownie that came out pretty well.

this adventure happened the last time I baked. I still cannot understand what went wrong, may be I chose the wrong setting ( I am still not friends with my Convection Oven, though it was bought may years back).

Okay this time too the rolls looked fair, but after the cool down time was over I enthusiastically took a bite and Alas! it was so so hard!!! i nibbled along the top side and craved along the sides of one of them and then declared that I am on diet so could not help with finishing the rest of them πŸ˜‰.

but it was tasty, mind you. hence my son risked his teeth and nibbled and carved into how ever many he could ( coz he knows this could become an excuse for his mom's laziness to bake any more).

A day after there was just two more left. It was a Saturday and my cousin visited me. Well, I love to share any special dish I made when she visits, that is the sisterly bond we share!  So once the lunch was over, i presented her with the hard as stone Cinnamon rolls with due warning to be careful about her teeth. I specifically told her I would give her a better version the next time I baked, but this was just for a taste ( coz she wanted to have something sweet), she could nibble along the top part.  Then when I came back after getting ready to go out with her, I saw that she had brilliantly carved thru both the Rolls and there was just a bit left . Was I surprised!!! well well well, may be I should be proud of my baking skillsπŸ˜†

So want to share any of your cooking adventures?

The first time I had nankhatai was from my bff's tiffin, it was homemade by her Mom and I haven't had that tasty nankhatai's ever again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

Also, I burnt a cake once, it just puffed up so much that it just exploded in the microwave πŸ˜‚

I would save cooking adventure for some other day and write rather that I had burnt my hair once while making tea. Hair was open and I bent down a little to check something in tea and boom... my pretty pretty hair was gone. πŸ˜’πŸ˜­

What is nankhatai...???? πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

In YJHJK it looks like a cookie but sounds like a savory dish. I have heard of it before but never seen or eaten. 

sorry double post

Edited by ShumiM - 4 years ago

The first time When i made nan khati,it turned out so good that I got my friends demanded to made nan khatai for them,o vi sabke liye ek ek boxπŸ˜“.i was so surprised by my achievements that I got speechless,because most of the time i burnt stuff when I literally standing very near to the stove😩.kabhi kabhi to ghar ka Baki logo Ko para chal jata hai ,ki kuch jal raha hai,but mera to koi Khabar nehi hoti πŸ˜ͺ.

Originally posted by SanyaEterna

The first time I had nankhatai was from my bff's tiffin, it was homemade by her Mom and I haven't had that tasty nankhatai's ever again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

I too remember my first experience with home baked nan katai. my cousin's MIL made it.. it was so yummy. So far I have had no exploding cakes in my cooking adventures πŸ˜†

Originally posted by IAdoreYou

I would save cooking adventure for some other day and write rather that I had burnt my hair once while making tea. Hair was open and I bent down a little to check something in tea and boom... my pretty pretty hair was gone. πŸ˜’πŸ˜­

😲 I can truly empathize with you even with my hair not being so pretty .

Originally posted by HRfan26

What is nankhatai...???? πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

In YJHJK it looks like a cookie but sounds like a savory dish. I have heard of it before but never seen or eaten. 

it is some what like a cookie.. but a bit more puffed up and white as a cloud.

Sangam Sweets Cookie - Nankhatai 250 g