Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Huge congratulations to Deepika. This is opportunity of a lifetime. I am so happy and proud she got this role.

Oh shit I was wrong. I got confused with POI and The Twentieth Wife which was adapted by Epic for their show Siyaasat. Sorry, my bad.  

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

Where does it say it is a PoI adaptation? 🤔

Also, while CBD is a fabulous writer, PoI is very 80s in its feel. The female main character in love with her assaulter? 🤢 Please! The original author, Krishna Dwaipayana Vyasa, wrote his female lead as magnificent, never, ever having anything other than disdain for CBD's "hero." PoI reduced Panchali to a nincompoop.

So is it the same book where Draupadi secretly loves Karna? Yikees..and if I'm not wrong Karna calls Draupadi a prostitute during the vastraharan right? Yet the feminists of the forum are okay with the Karna- Draupadi angle

BTW.. Epic username😆

Edited by KootyPai - 4 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: KootyPai

So is it the same book where Draupadi secretly loves Karna? Yikees..and if I'm not wrong Karna calls Draupadi a prostitute during the vastraharan right? Yet the feminists of the forum are okay with the Karna- Draupadi angle

BTW.. Epic username😆

He was also the one who gave the idea of VH 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: KootyPai

BTW.. Epic username😆

Thanks 😂. It was something else before. Don't remember now. The change was made in a fit of pique.

Yes, Karna not only called Panchali a prostitute, he ordered the assault (also known as disrobing) on her, and on its failure, ordered Dusshassan to take her to the residence meant for female slaves (a.k.a sex slaves).

PoI says that self-respecting woman was in love with this "hero."

Reminds me of the idiotic movie, Benaam Badshah.

In the actual  book written by Vyasa, Panchali named 4 people as criminals and pronounced death sentence - Suyodhan, Karna, Shakuni, and Dusshassan.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

On Draupadi-Karna : POI is more than the Draupadi and Karna angle. Its not their Mills and Boon although I can see why most Karna fanboys/fangirls hang onto it (eww)😆Anyway,POI is a look at every single event from her eyes and  how wronged she was. That's the main core of the character and the story. In any case, I don't think anyone can show Draupadi in love with Karna  so the Karna angle being shown didn't even occur to me. Cant happen. Don't want it either. 

But the rest.. oooh... The rest will be glorious! Probably why it's one of best Indian ones out there. Things am excited to see : Panchali and her brother's relationship, Panchali and her interpretation of Bhishma, the other female characters getting a voice like Kunti,Ghandhari and last but not the least Draupadi and Krishna's conversations. The last few chapters of the book esp the war retold is brilliant. Raw and poignant. So hoping these things are there. 

And though it's not specifically mentioned,Chitra's recent wish that Deepika plays Draupadi makes it clear to me that some things from POI will be taken. Maybe not a direct interpretation. Deepika's interest in Draupadi stems from that book only. Anyway, so excited! 

On Casting wise I hope they can get south actors more. They just have more screen presence and the look for characters like these. Also PAN INDIAN appeal. I want to see Rana. Please! 

Tiny lil thing am bumped about : Really wanted HR-Deepika in that Ramayana thing which I don't think will happen anymore since she's doing this but then Draupadi as a character has far more layers than Sita so guess that's a win. 

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

is this confirm news.?.if it is then very good news👍🏼

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

On Draupadi-Karna : POI is more than the Draupadi and Karna angle. Its not their Mills and Boon although I can see why most Karna fanboys/fangirls hang onto it (eww)😆Anyway,POI is a look at every single event from her eyes and  how wronged she was. That's the main core of the character and the story. In any case, I don't think anyone can show Draupadi in love with Karna  so the Karna angle being shown didn't even occur to me. Cant happen. Don't want it either. 

But the rest.. oooh... The rest will be glorious! Probably why it's one of best Indian ones out there. Things am excited to see : Panchali and her brother's relationship, Panchali and her interpretation of Bhishma, the other female characters getting a voice like Kunti,Ghandhari and last but not the least Draupadi and Krishna's conversations. The last few chapters of the book esp the war retold is brilliant. Raw and poignant. So hoping these things are there. 

And though it's not specifically mentioned,Chitra's recent wish that Deepika plays Draupadi makes it clear to me that some things from POI will be taken. Maybe not a direct interpretation. Deepika's interest in Draupadi stems from that book only. Anyway, so excited! 

On Casting wise I hope they can get south actors more. They just have more screen presence and the look for characters like these. Also PAN INDIAN appeal. I want to see Rana. Please! 

Tiny lil thing am bumped about : Really wanted HR-Deepika in that Ramayana thing which I don't think will happen anymore since she's doing this but then Draupadi as a character has far more layers than Sita so guess that's a win. 

Good to know.

I do have another major peeve with PoI. The real Panchali was constantly talking about the duties of rulers. About karma. About the need to rely on self and not blame things on destiny.

She actually lectured Krishna, not the other way around. PoI gave all credit to Krishna.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Amazing.

Re-claim your number 1 slot Deepu!

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

But POI copyright is taken by someone name NR pachisia. So Deepikas film is not direct adaptation of the book. Neither I want it to be. 

https://twitter.com/nrpachisia/status/1044819317433544704?s=20